1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. chrislangley4253

Quote:
    alrighty then. I really thought it was more of a widespread issue. Sorry about that.

2. chrislangley4253
    http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/551280/sunrise-sw-xcape-impressive-edition-not-v-2-any-impressions-out-there/60#post_7513092

That settles that. Seems that only 10 people had the issue.. and they figured out exactly what it was. You were quite right about it being an isolated issue. Good call ClieOS :)

3. kanuka
    hey clieos.
    how are the re0 and re-zero compared to the DBA-02 in detail and vocal detail , specially female? ... if they can even compete with them...
    and how about the re262?
    though the re's are dynamic and the dba BAs 

4. ClieOS Contributor
    I personally find RE0 to have one of the best treble detail of any dynamic IEM (and only south of ER4S when BA is included) and does female vocal fairly well. RE-ZERO doesn't quite have the quality in treble as RE0, but it is better at female vocal as it is a little more forwarded. However, both have better vocal than DBA-02. While not really bad per se, DBA-02 just doesn't have the texture in mid to be good in vocal. Of course neither of the three can really compare to RE262.

5. kanuka
    that worries me now.
    i've ordered the B2  on mp4nation. and now i wanted to get the B2 + E11 bundle.
    i know the B2 arent the dba-02 but i've read they're close each other.
    i dont mind cancelling the order and just getting the E11, but still i'm not sure.
    any suggestions ?

the re262 will need a good amp, and also seem to be a bit uncomfortable with that design.
    and the re-zero , need to use that adapter/s
    what a dilema![​IMG][​IMG]

6. ClieOS Contributor
    It is common to doubt your own decision after ordering. Like DBA-02, I am sure B2 is a pretty good sounding IEM on its own and you should try it first before dismissing it all together. Maybe that's what you are looking for and you won't have known without trying.

chrislangley4253 likes this.
  7. kanuka
    i fact, you're right, it's not the first i have my doubts after ordering. it may be the 3rdtime [​IMG]. but this was the first time i'm paying $100+ for earphones
    really thanks!

8. desilver
    look forward to reviewing the Audio-Technica CKM99 and Audio-Technica CKS90 [​IMG]

9. ClieOS Contributor
    CKM99 is definitely under my radar, but not so sure about CKS90 since I am disappointed by CKS70. Most likely I will pick up the new JVC dual driver before the end of the month, if I can still find stock of it locally by then.

10. desilver
    Thanks, as always I will be follow-up [​IMG]

11. kerondai
    so good..........^_^

12. EraserXIV
    Love this thread, great resource. Couldn't help but notice, but the RE272 is no longer on inearmatters as a possible review. Has something changed from head-direct?

13. ClieOS Contributor
    No, nothing changes. IEM under the 'possible review' section usually is expected to come to me in a relative short notice, like in two, three weeks or less. Since RE272 has yet to be released after so long, I thought I'll remove it from the list and put it back when I have further confirmation.

14. FishHead
    Wow, the review is epic! Not only have you captured the scale of what is out there, you have provided a framework that is comprehensible. I have subscribed this thread to keep abreat of what is going on in this area. I look forward to more reviews and wish you good luck. :)

15. ClieOS Contributor
    Thanks, guys. This review has certainly evolved overtime [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last