Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Jul 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #4,308 of 5,854
Quote:
I would respectfully request that the Maddog be added if and when possible. IMO it's one of the best values in the game. 

+1

an even bigger bargain than HE-500 for people who really don't want to spend alot of money. they offer high end sound at entry level price.

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #4,313 of 5,854
Quote:
I don't have enough money to be looking at things here :frowning2:

Lust. Such a dirty word. How 'bout "Inspiration?" 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #4,314 of 5,854
I'm looking to get some new cans and it's eerie that the A+ best valued cans are the ones that I've been hoping to try out before buying (HE-400/500, HD600, DT880 600ohm). Thanks for making me want to spend more money to replace head gear 
L3000.gif

Jul 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #4,315 of 5,854
Some moons back - say 2008 - I drew a line in the sand. I would NOT spend north of $2k on headphones. Period. That's speaker territory for my wallet, a clearly defined one without blur or confusion.

And then...

...like many, my lifestyle changed. No longer having my own place. Or living largely by myself - suddenly having to consider others nearby in the way of roommates. In fact, this is the origin of WooAudio pretty much and how they came into being as a business. Many living in NYC close to each other, on top of each other and speakers for many were no longer an option. WA understood this and emerged to satisfy this reality.

Fast forward to 2013 and I cannot for the life of me find that line once firmly drawn. I did look for it 
rolleyes.gif
recently and closely - there's simply no sign or trace of its existence. I just sold my beloved D7000 and for the very first time I'm considering scratching or surpassing the line I once drew. And without balking. 
frown.gif

evil_smiley.gif

A fav song of mine is "You Can't Lose What You Never Had" - by The Muddy Waters Tribute Band. I enjoyed listening to the HE-6 for a few months, the HD800 and while they did bring me some things I had been missing, I was content settling back in with my D7000 and not worried about what I didn't have. Rather, enjoying my music library with what I did have in the D7000.

Only because my listening pleasure must remain private for now, and I want to replace my cans with something of quality, we're headed north! 
wink.gif
 Well, potentially...

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #4,320 of 5,854
Quote:

rolleyes.gif
 Honestly, I wish I could just shove a pair of K-Horns in either corner...

LOL!!! 

When I was a kid - I made my own headphones by putting a Radioshack two way on each side of my twin bed, then cranking it up!  

I think Jimi Hendrix rewired my cortex with just sound waves!

We live in extraordinary Audio times!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back