Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #2,071 of 5,854
Quote:
Thanks!!!  Wow is it really 140 pages?  I don't remember though I did draft it in MS word.  The HE-400 is a great choice.  I gave it an A+ because, even though there's some headphones with a "purer" tonality, very few headphones are as convincingly immersive and fun

Oh yeah sorry,  I meant I read the review and all 140 pages of comments.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #2,072 of 5,854
This thread is a respectful laboring achievement but unfortunately nothing more than that. I as many other people here don't agree about many conclusions. I also have to point out that a test/review of this kind should be administered using a panel with listeners (at least 10 people) in order for it to be anywhere near objective. Waste of time, IMHO. Please, don't make a PDF.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #2,073 of 5,854
So 10 people would make subjective opinions objective? I disagree, that would just give us a consensus of 10 subjective opinions.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #2,074 of 5,854
Quote:
So 10 people would make subjective opinions objective? I disagree, that would just give us a consensus of 10 subjective opinions.

I never said that it would be an objective opinion, only a less subjective one.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,075 of 5,854
Quote:
This thread is a respectful laboring achievement but unfortunately nothing more than that. I as many other people here don't agree about many conclusions. I also have to point out that a test/review of this kind should be administered using a panel with listeners (at least 10 people) in order for it to be anywhere near objective. Waste of time, IMHO. Please, don't make a PDF.

First, this review was never meant to be objective to begin with.  He says, "I in no way intend for this review to be perceived as anything more than one audio enthusiast's personal opinion." And as a new Headfier, I found it helpful. Second, he can do whatever he wants to his own thread including making a pdf if he so chooses. So IMHO your comment is a waste of time :). thanks

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #2,076 of 5,854
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I never said that it would be an objective opinion, only a less subjective one.

Let us know when you're done writing up your epic 10-person double-blind headphone comparison with all possible variables accounted for. It should be epic, looking forward to it!
It's great that you'll be contributing something constructive
popcorn.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #2,077 of 5,854
Quote:
First, this review was never meant to be objective to begin with.  He says, "I in no way intend for this review to be perceived as anything more than one audio enthusiast's personal opinion."

I know, and that was why I reacted in the first place.

Quote:
And as a new Headfier, I found it helpful.

Great, but as a new Headfier you shouldn't rely on one person's opinion only (I know you won't)

Quote:
Second, he can do whatever he wants to his own thread including making a pdf if he so chooses.

Yeah, that is true. It was just my recommendation
wink_face.gif

Quote:
So IMHO your comment is a waste of time :). thanks

I don't think so. I think that many more people should have reacted. But that is just imho. :)

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #2,078 of 5,854
Quote:

Let us know when you're done writing up your epic 10-person double-blind headphone comparison with all possible variables accounted for. It should be epic, looking forward to it!
It's great that you'll be contributing something constructive
popcorn.gif

The only thing I can say in my defense is to refer to your signature (Plato)
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #2,080 of 5,854
I now really want a pair of hifiman he500's and a pair of beyerdyanmics haha

I have of both a pair..trust me..u wont regret it ( but pls..do urself a favor and get the right amp fir the he500 also :D. )

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2,081 of 5,854
It's great that you'll be contributing something constructive:popcorn:

Yep me too am curious what u have in ur mind to atribute contructively concerning 10 person double blinded headphone comparision ( 60 headphones right?).but pls make sure u put it online before i turn 60. Plsss :D seriously..if u manage that..i bow for u..as it will be epic..never done anywhere.. :p

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2,082 of 5,854
I was hoping we were all going to be smart enough to ignore him, when someone posts rude comments like that, they are just looking for a reaction. David amazing work, I absolutely love my SE535's but being so low on your list I am now curious and ready to argue with the wife, thanks a lot lol.

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2,083 of 5,854
Haha - 10 person panels are, of course, the standard for all audio equipment reviews.  Oh wait, no they're not.  But that's what these forums are for - it's very easy to find more opinions to compare with.  The difference is that most people only have real experience with a limited number of headphones, which is what makes David's overview so unique and interesting.

edit: @mcast20 you're quite right (feel guilty now lol).

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #2,085 of 5,854
Quote:
I was hoping we were all going to be smart enough to ignore him, when someone posts rude comments like that, they are just looking for a reaction. David amazing work, I absolutely love my SE535's but being so low on your list I am now curious and ready to argue with the wife, thanks a lot lol.

+1 i agree with u totally with ur first line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back