Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Nov 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #272 of 5,854
^^^ It absolutely was a flagship before the LCD-3s were released about a year ago...and it does compete with the other flagships out there too IMO.

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #273 of 5,854
Thank you very much! Subbed.

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #274 of 5,854
Thank you so much for this! As one who spends a lot of time reading reviews on the net, be it A/V, photography, cycling, computer or Head-Fi related, this is probably one of the best formats I have ever seen! Clear, concise, to the point and most of all open and honest! I'm looking for a second set of reference cans, currently own the HD700 and this will definitely be one of my reference threads/articles to come and I'll probably read it over and over. I'm debating over the HE500 and the LCD2.. headphones are such a personal thing and your coverage is just spectacular.
I'm just at a loss for words and all I can say is Thank You for the stunning work!

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #275 of 5,854
great review, i will spend a lot of time going trough all this with great pleasure.

don't know if that technical question has been answered already, what is your address and around what time do you usually leave home?

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #277 of 5,854
This was simply absolutely incredible. Thank you very much.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #278 of 5,854
Quote:
 I'm debating over the HE500 and the LCD2..

I currently own both and still haven't come to a decision. So if I can't even decide between these two phones, what sort of a feat is this of David's? Epic isn't the word.

Supercalifragilistic!!!

Quote:
don't know if that technical question has been answered already, what is your address and around what time do you usually leave home?

LOL!

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #279 of 5,854
Hi David, I just want to say thanks to you for your best ever review.
Without the true love in audio, this kind of review will never exist.

beyersmile.png
darthsmile.gif
o2smile.gif
atsmile.gif

May I ask you one question?
If you have to live with only one headphone, which one? why?

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #280 of 5,854
Quote:
Hi David, I just want to say thanks to you for your best ever review.
Without the true love in audio, this kind of review will never exist.

beyersmile.png
darthsmile.gif
o2smile.gif
atsmile.gif

May I ask you one question?
If you have to live with only one headphone, which one? why?

Thanks! :)

If price were not a consideration, I'd want either of the top 2 on my list.  There's something very compelling about the HD600 though because while its pricy by the normal standards, if it ever should fail or get nicked, dented, dinged... its not nearly as heart breaking.  Even the Koss Porta Pros are quite a value all their own.  

I also feel that a good in-ear is a totally separate commodity.  Because I feel it performs amazingly out of an ipod and gives off the best isolation, I'd probably go for the ES5.  But if I were to bring an amp into the equation, I'd probably go for the JH Audios.  The JH13 in particular is mindblowing.  I think the UE10 is a slightly different sound that has just slightly more forward mids than the JH13, but less sparkle.  I would like to find out if the JH10 is exactly the same design as the UE10 used to be.

Anyway.... I think a great selection of headphones would be something comparatively neutral like an HD600 or an HE6 or an HD800
Then something closed back and a little thicker sounding maybe... like a TH900 or D7000
and then a good in-ear.  If you're going the universal route, I would consider any of the top 3 Westones as they each excel in different areas, but I do think the Westone 4 is the best overall.

I hope this sorta answers your question. haha.  But I would want to have the Orpheus over all other headphones probably or the SR009 or the R10s..... the top 4 on my list :)

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #282 of 5,854
Thank you, David, for your dedication in effort and time. Spending over a year to give us all the wealth of information! The scary thing now, I feel like buying more stuff:). Noooooooooooo.........

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #284 of 5,854
Am I wrong or the Sony MDR-CD3000 is missing from the list? I think it could stand among the first 30 positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back