Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Jan 4, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #5,026 of 5,854
  I'm very glad and honored that this thread continues to help others! :)

"Happy 2015" to you and those who peruse the thread!
beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #5,028 of 5,854
I'm just happy to see that I can actually afford some of these...lol...not many, but several.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #5,029 of 5,854
If its designed for jpop only then its not a good headphone LOL. Good headphones should sound good with all music.

Totally agreed. In fact, there are other Japanese headphones sound better.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #5,030 of 5,854
Just found this thread. Thanks so much for putting this test together!

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #5,033 of 5,854
David fantastic review, thanks so much!! Just wondering why you skimped on your DAC and didn't buy the MSB SELECT at a mere $89,950? You're either single or have a very understanding wife and if it's the latter does she have a sister? Just kidding.
All the best, Gordon.

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #5,034 of 5,854
I started on this headphone journey exactly 2 years ago. One of the first Head-Fi threads I read was this one. At that time I had a cmoy amp and Koss Porta Pro headphones. I now have 3 headphones that David gave A+. I do believe he knows his subject. I came from a loudspeaker background and find headphones a more intimate personal way to listen. I'm having such a great time with this hobby. The only sad part in this is that my main system has sat silent for months...

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #5,035 of 5,854
  I started on this headphone journey exactly 2 years ago. One of the first Head-Fi threads I read was this one. At that time I had a cmoy amp and Koss Porta Pro headphones. I now have 3 headphones that David gave A+. I do believe he knows his subject. I came from a loudspeaker background and find headphones a more intimate personal way to listen. I'm having such a great time with this hobby. The only sad part in this is that my main system has sat silent for months...

Dude knows HP's, I have scaled up as well, and this thread is my reference

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #5,038 of 5,854
I think it's time for someone to take the mantle and do an update of this list for 2015. We've had quite a few new flagships/high-end releases. The Abyss, fazored LCD2/3, HE-560, EL-8, LCD-X, HE-1000 soon. I'd love to see how those rank.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #5,039 of 5,854
Not as easy as it sounds. Dave has put up for sale and presumably sold off a significant number of his headphones and, I believe, some of his amps, so he wouldn't even be able to do the comparisons that would be necessary, even if he were both willing and able. And I suspect he is neither, which should not be taken as a judgment on him, as he made a tremendous contribution, with enormous effort, in doing the original comparison.

Someone else could conceivably undertake a similar comparison, but I would think it would be a prohibitively expensive and time-consuming task.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #5,040 of 5,854
I would really have loved to have included the HE-1000. It looks stunning.  Unfortunately I don't have the funds to put further into this project and I barely have the time.  I still have my core equipment although I've sold about a third of what's in this roundup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back