Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #4,681 of 5,854
Great thread but the regular JH 13 is a little bit old and its new version which improves all aspect of its sound quality came out last year, i really want to see how you would rank this ciem on the board. Thanks

do you mean the FreqPhase version ?

yes I'd love to know it as well.

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #4,682 of 5,854
Any chance for the HD800 Revision 2013 to be added to the comparison? It seems to hold quite a significant difference to the previous years HD800.

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #4,683 of 5,854
  Any chance for the HD800 Revision 2013 to be added to the comparison? It seems to hold quite a significant difference to the previous years HD800.

not falling for this one again....

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #4,684 of 5,854

not falling for this one again....

What about it? I heard some people says the newer HD800 sounds different than the older ones, so I went to check on the graphs and it seems they are different.

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #4,686 of 5,854
I take back what I said about the PS1000, although the price is high I would consider it if a good S/H price came around. I'm borrowing a pair from a friend of mine and they are a lot nicer with the right recordings than what I have given them credit for. Key is the right recordings though, Jazz is very nice and vivid with them. I think they are perfect for some of my darkest rock recordings. I have enough ~2500 jazz, acoustic tracks that these sound very nice with. Currently enjoying Portico Quartet with them.

I doubt I would buy them as my only headphone though, I'd go that way with the HE-500 probably as an all rounder. Still a interesting complimentary can for a collector I'm sure.

It helps that I listen rather quietly a lot of the time at night here though ~ they sound better lower than most headphones typically do. Loudness curves and all

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #4,690 of 5,854

What about it? I heard some people says the newer HD800 sounds different than the older ones, so I went to check on the graphs and it seems they are different.

well this happened on the beyer thread not too long ago.

Oh look, its the new T1 version frequency response!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/5370#post_9785312

after some hype and discussion....

Girls and boys, its a joke, just a little social experiment so to speak. You all failed btw. 
biggrin.gif
There is no new T1. These are not T1 2013 graphs, you can go to headroom and check, which nobody did apparently lol.
I made that in MS Paint in about 3 minutes because I wanted to see how people will react, and already I see the people change their minds about how their headphones sound or feel the need to buy a new pair of headphones or pair theirs with a different amp. It took 3 minutes for me to do that, now imagine what the marketing teams of manufacturers do to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars in budget.

dt880smile.png

so now i don't trust those...

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #4,691 of 5,854
Dec 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #4,692 of 5,854
Except the fact that the fake Beyer one was never on their site, while the Sennheiser one actually is ~ let alone some who think there is a different from listening themselves - including David himself whose impression backs up that graph sonically.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #4,693 of 5,854

well this happened on the beyer thread not too long ago.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/5370#post_9785312

after some hype and discussion....
Girls and boys, its a joke, just a little social experiment so to speak. You all failed btw. 
biggrin.gif
There is no new T1. These are not T1 2013 graphs, you can go to headroom and check, which nobody did apparently lol.
I made that in MS Paint in about 3 minutes because I wanted to see how people will react, and already I see the people change their minds about how their headphones sound or feel the need to buy a new pair of headphones or pair theirs with a different amp. It took 3 minutes for me to do that, now imagine what the marketing teams of manufacturers do to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars in budget.

dt880smile.png

Well check it out then, I saw this thread before about a couple weeks back,

And it does seems like the graphs of the revised model differs from the old one.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #4,694 of 5,854
  I take back what I said about the PS1000, although the price is high I would consider it if a good S/H price came around. I'm borrowing a pair from a friend of mine and they are a lot nicer with the right recordings than what I have given them credit for. Key is the right recordings though, Jazz is very nice and vivid with them. I think they are perfect for some of my darkest rock recordings. I have enough ~2500 jazz, acoustic tracks that these sound very nice with. Currently enjoying Portico Quartet with them.

I doubt I would buy them as my only headphone though, I'd go that way with the HE-500 probably as an all rounder. Still a interesting complimentary can for a collector I'm sure.

It helps that I listen rather quietly a lot of the time at night here though ~ they sound better lower than most headphones typically do. Loudness curves and all

the PS1000 works well at low volumes.....

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #4,695 of 5,854

Users who are viewing this thread

Back