Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #4,696 of 5,854
  or just plug it out - might sound even better........ LOL  
wink.gif

to each their own....it's what makes the world go round.....

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #4,697 of 5,854

Ah im just kidding, i never even heard the headphone. 

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #4,699 of 5,854
  no worries.....

I see you have a GSX incoming, it will be good to hear impressions with all your cans. You order new? 

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #4,700 of 5,854
  Ah im just kidding, i never even heard the headphone. 

dont worry, you were right the first time 
wink.gif

low volume only makes the headphone pretty much useless. the ps1000 rank amongst the worst headphones i've heard. grainy and extremely shrill and harsh. recessed mids, bloaty 1 noted bass, oh and uncomfortable with the same cheap headband design on all the cheaper grados.

for 300$ this might be ok, but absolutely unacceptable for a headphone priced at $1700, basically telling HE-6, LCD-X, TH900,  HD 800, T1, and every other headphone in this price range to **** off cause "im better i cost more". LOL! 

at least they know that they really put the PS in PS1000, Piece of S***!!! 

there i said it, now i feel better i don't have to sugar coat my opinions for these headphones....

that said, the Grado Rs1i are much better headphones, Grado done right basically.

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #4,701 of 5,854

wink.gif

low volume only makes the headphone pretty much useless. the ps1000 rank amongst the worst headphones i've heard. grainy and extremely shrill and harsh. recessed mids, bloaty 1 noted bass, oh and uncomfortable with the same cheap headband design on all the cheaper grados.

for 300$ this might be ok, but absolutely unacceptable for a headphone priced at $1700, basically telling HE-6, LCD-X, TH900,  HD 800, T1, and every other headphone in this price range to **** off cause "im better i cost more". LOL! 

there i said it, now i feel better i don't have to sugar coat my opinions for these headphones....

that said, the Grado Rs1i are much better headphones, Grado done right basically.

hahahaha....... i like it. Now that is what I call an opinion! 

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #4,703 of 5,854
dont worry, you were right the first time :wink:

It's strange that they're being sold on here for around about the £750 mark, yet on eBay they go for well in excess of £1000. Just goes to show that the people of Head-Fi are better informed than the general public when it comes to grossly overpriced headphones.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #4,704 of 5,854

wink.gif

LOL... Tell us how you REALLY feel...
beerchug.gif

I agree they are about $1000 too much...

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #4,705 of 5,854
I guess I'm one of the few PS1K fanboys left. I've always preferred them when going head-to-head with the HD800 and T1, though I haven't compared to some newer competitors directly.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #4,706 of 5,854
I just can't imagine paying $1600 for a pair of Grados. That would be like...paying $2700 for a pair of Ultrasones.

I have to say though, I'm becoming more and more a believer that the DAC is the most important part of the chain, ahead of the amp/headphones. I added a Peachtree Dac-It to my office set-up (paired with a Schiit Magni and Mad Dogs, using my DX50 as a transport) and I wasn't expecting such a huge improvement. My home set-up is a Marantz SACD-8004/Lyr with overpriced NOS Siemens tubes/HD800 (I swap other headphones around, with similar results, including the more forgiving AD2000x) and the office stack murders it in terms of clarity AND musicality (an $800 stack vs a $3200 stack for anyone keeping track, not taking the transport into account). I then added the Dac-It to the Lyr/HD800 chain and it really started to sound like music. I think that DAC that's in the Marantz has got to go, before I start judging headphones on it.

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #4,707 of 5,854
go_quote.gif

Hehe just like some TVs have infinite black... when you plug out an headphone it should be pretty silent :wink:

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #4,709 of 5,854
Could anyone here help me rank the JH 13 FP in comparison to some high-end fullsize headphones? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back