Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 3, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #5,493 of 5,854

I use my HD600's connected to my computer all the time..

Over the LCD-2? That's just weird to me, not that I'm saying you shouldn't or anything like that. I just can't imagine what the 600s would do that the LCDs can't.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #5,497 of 5,854

Nice. I wonder how many people get to hear your music in that situation.

As for me, I only use headphones at home. ^_^

They dont complain much, I dont listen at loud volume (its almost imperceptible in an open area).
I do hear a lot of sounds that mix with the music, but the quality is still better than IEMs.

I dont think I will be using a higher end HP like a HD800 or a HEX for portable (too afraid too damage it, I had to fix the HE-400 twice at home).

That being said, I thought the same about the HE-400 but then I rationalized that I bought the HP to use it not to keep it at home :D

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #5,498 of 5,854
dt880smile.png

Still enjoying my KAM HP 1. No Hifiman, Audeze or other Ferraris for your ears but more worth then their price

Thanks to DavidMahler

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #5,501 of 5,854
Any ideas where the Philips Fidelio X2 would fall on this list?

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #5,503 of 5,854
Fantastic thread.  To bad it couldn't be updated.  But I'm going to assume the readers have had lots of experience with all kinds of headphones.  I own the Audeze LCD-X (which I've found to be a bit to warm; I prefer more sparkle), Sennheiser HD 800 (which is too bass light for most of my music tastes) and the Sennheiser HD 650 which I've had the longest and enjoy the most.  My HP amp is a Violectric V281. I run all my headphones balanced with their stock cables.  I want to upgrade to a headphone with lots of air, details, accurate sound staging and separation.  Considering I'm really loving the HD 650 sound signature what headphone would be the next logical step up?  Personal experience please.  Thanks. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #5,504 of 5,854
Fantastic thread.  To bad it couldn't be updated.  But I'm going to assume the readers have had lots of experience with all kinds of headphones.  I own the Audeze LCD-X (which I've found to be a bit to warm; I prefer more sparkle), Sennheiser HD 800 (which is too bass light for most of my music tastes) and the Sennheiser HD 650 which I've had the longest and enjoy the most.  My HP amp is a Violectric V281. I run all my headphones balanced with their stock cables.  I want to upgrade to a headphone with lots of air, details, accurate sound staging and separation.  Considering I'm really loving the HD 650 sound signature what headphone would be the next logical step up?  Personal experience please.  Thanks. 

Thought I would chime in again here. The LCD-2s were the logical step up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back