Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Dec 26, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #1,861 of 5,854
Kinda hoping he reviews the T90, as the bridge between the DT880 and T1.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #1,862 of 5,854
Quote:

2 months of owning these headphones and I have yet to have them unscrew themselves. I don't get the fuss here, the trick is to position the cable in place, screw the moving part slightly, and then twist the cable fairly tight, not the rotating piece. It will never come loose this way.

I just checked to see how tight it is now, and it still feels as tight as the day I bought them.

They've unscrewed themselves for me a couple of times, causing me palpitations thinking one of the drivers was going
eek.gif
 But you are right there is a knack to fitting them. The first time I tried removing the stock cable I nearly broke it, as it kept turning and turning till the cable was a twisted mess.... Then I realised it was the little screw that you turn. But once you realise how it works then there is no problem.

@David. Maybe you could review these? I bought them for my wife for xmas... No expense spared
very_evil_smiley.gif

Tecknika. $5 and believe it or not they don't sound bad at all! And she loves them.

(I've given my Mrs numerous iem's including UE SF3, Westone 2 and Sennheiser IE8's!! and she didn't appreciate the SQ at all. None of them fit the bill in regards to comfort and looks.)

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,864 of 5,854
Quote:
David, have you ever got your hands on the D7100? There hasn't been any big review over those headphones, and they have been controversial ever since it's debut. Considering it is Denon's current flagship, is it a priority to review?

I haven't.  I haven't even given it much consideration, but I guess it would be a worthy edition, as it is a flagship.
Quote:
Kinda hoping he reviews the T90, as the bridge between the DT880 and T1.

I used the T70 for a while, though I never owned it. I'd consider adding the T90
Quote:
They've unscrewed themselves for me a couple of times, causing me palpitations thinking one of the drivers was going
eek.gif
 But you are right there is a knack to fitting them. The first time I tried removing the stock cable I nearly broke it, as it kept turning and turning till the cable was a twisted mess.... Then I realised it was the little screw that you turn. But once you realise how it works then there is no problem.

@David. Maybe you could review these? I bought them for my wife for xmas... No expense spared
very_evil_smiley.gif

Tecknika. $5 and believe it or not they don't sound bad at all! And she loves them.

(I've given my Mrs numerous iem's including UE SF3, Westone 2 and Sennheiser IE8's!! and she didn't appreciate the SQ at all. None of them fit the bill in regards to comfort and looks.)

Any thing that makes sound at $5 gets an automatic B, if both ears, B+ automatically granted :)......

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #1,865 of 5,854
I have a dilemma to purchase the hd800 for $1,000 new or the he500 for $700 ? I currently own the hd650, q701's, dragonfly dac/o2 amp which would be the better value don't worry about amping i'll upgrade that later... 

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #1,866 of 5,854
Quote:
I have a dilemma to purchase the hd800 for $1,000 new or the he500 for $700 ? I currently own the hd650, q701's, dragonfly dac/o2 amp which would be the better value don't worry about amping i'll upgrade that later... 

Only $1000 brand new? Most definitely.

(though I'd say HD800 at any price) :p

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #1,868 of 5,854
Quote:

Depends on if you are looking for pure technical excellence (HD800) or a nice smooth sound with decent technicalities (HE500, sort of a HD650 on steroids).

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,875 of 5,854
Quote:
Agreed. You can't lose trying the HD-800

Unless you seek a specific tonality e.g. the weighty ortho sound with the robust full-bodied bottom end, in which case HD800s (or any other dynamics, for that matter) would not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back