The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 9, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #12,556 of 12,972
Dec 9, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #12,558 of 12,972
You will not find a stronger bass headphone than the Skull Candy Crusher Evo. This thread didn't audiophile grade, but bass heavy. There is no headphone that hits harder than these, you can literally adjust the bass vent on the side. At full setting, it will vibrate the headphone on your head. Truly a comical and fun experience. For under $200, it's worth the laugh. And they sound decent.
I have listened to these, there isn't a lot of sub bass but you are right that they shake the crap out of the headphones.

Dec 13, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #12,559 of 12,972
So I just listened to the Rosson RAD 0 tonight after listening to the Susvara all day. Such an amazing headphone for bass and rhythm. Highly recommend them. I have a good trance playlist on Tidal and they were rattling my eardrums :smile:. Yes, they are heavy, but after a while you kind of get over it. Other headphones I'd recommend for bass would be the ZMF Atrium with leather pads. They can also beat your brains out.

Dec 14, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #12,560 of 12,972
You will not find a stronger bass headphone than the Skull Candy Crusher Evo. This thread didn't audiophile grade, but bass heavy. There is no headphone that hits harder than these, you can literally adjust the bass vent on the side. At full setting, it will vibrate the headphone on your head. Truly a comical and fun experience. For under $200, it's worth the laugh. And they sound decent.
I've never had them on my head but I'm curious to know if the bass effect in these headphones is realized solely through the transducer or if it's a bit cheated (e.g. there's some kind of "vibrator" built in)

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #12,561 of 12,972
I've never had them on my head but I'm curious to know if the bass effect in these headphones is realized solely through the transducer or if it's a bit cheated (e.g. there's some kind of "vibrator" built in)
There's a magnetic plate that's attached to a haptic driver that's under the pcb board.

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #12,562 of 12,972
Don't even bother to try them out, anyone who is excited with this kind of crap product is non relevant for me.
Just my two cents, tho.

Dec 15, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #12,563 of 12,972
I went down the rabbit hole last night until 3AM and started looking into higher end headphones. Initially I was skeptical about purchasing the D7200 for $900. Now I'm looking at the following:

D7200 - $900
D9200 - $1600
MDR-Z1R - $1800 - although this can be had for $1600 international version.
TH-900 - $1800

Please help me not waste my money lmao! I was very happy with the D2000s many years ago, and didn't like the LCD-X due to bass needing EQ. I'd be using the cans for pc gaming, electronic, and rap music.. and I am a basshead. The more the better.

Are there any stores in Dallas which would carry all these for trying out? Otherwise I'd be buying them all and returning the ones I don't want.. rather not do that.
I haven't heard the D7200 but like stated before, if you want bass you really should be looking into using EQ. I do think you'd probably be happy with the D7200 though if you are OK with their comfort (small earpad holes).

Without EQ:
I would defer to previous comments stating that without EQ the D7200 is what you want.
With EQ:
I would honestly not consider the TH900 at all, they are not worth the price in todays' market imo solely due to build quality. Truly embarrassing build quality imo.
MDR-Z1R if you are willing to do more than just a bass EQ to tame the higher frequencies a bit and you want soundstage.
D9200 vs D7200 is a coin toss, for electronic you might like what the D9200 brings instead but I don't think the difference for gaming/rap in particular will be that large.

Dec 15, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #12,564 of 12,972
The Skullcandy Crusher is good for a fun, silly laugh, but it's by no means a headphone for audiophiles, or really even a headphone for music.

In short, the Crusher has vibrators in each cup that makes the headphone shake and rumble on your head on bass hits. Which, don't get me wrong, it's very fun and hilarious the first time you experience it. And I think that's the design goal with this headphone: Give the listener a good laugh.

But unfortunately the gimmick does get old. The vibrators turn on depending on the presence of frequencies below about 60hz, and the vibration is just on or off, there's no variation in intensity or frequency. So it's a very one-note kind of bass sensation.

If you get the opportunity to borrow one or demo one, I recommend it, because it is great for a good belly laugh. But the gimmick gets old within an hour or so and once you're there, the headphone has zero appeal. It's definitely the only headphone that does what it does, but... there's also a reason other headphones don't do this, lol.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #12,565 of 12,972
The Skullcandy Crusher Evo is okay-ish. Unfortunately, while their haptic transducer rattles, it doesn't seem to attenuate the bass frequencies well, and is somewhat 'one-note'.

It can't hold a candle to a good haptic transducer such as having a SubPac. I feel having the transducer hit your center mass makes more sense than rattling your ears. However, I'm still interested to see if SkullCandy can improve this down the road.

Jan 20, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #12,567 of 12,972
Lol yea those are notorious for comical levels of bass.

The Skullcandy Crusher is good for a fun, silly laugh, but it's by no means a headphone for audiophiles, or really even a headphone for music.

In short, the Crusher has vibrators in each cup that makes the headphone shake and rumble on your head on bass hits. Which, don't get me wrong, it's very fun and hilarious the first time you experience it. And I think that's the design goal with this headphone: Give the listener a good laugh.

But unfortunately the gimmick does get old. The vibrators turn on depending on the presence of frequencies below about 60hz, and the vibration is just on or off, there's no variation in intensity or frequency. So it's a very one-note kind of bass sensation.

If you get the opportunity to borrow one or demo one, I recommend it, because it is great for a good belly laugh. But the gimmick gets old within an hour or so and once you're there, the headphone has zero appeal. It's definitely the only headphone that does what it does, but... there's also a reason other headphones don't do this, lol.
I have a question, i have the slider at 6-9% and the bass depth is the best i have ever heard. The old xb500 does mere 30% of its bass.
I'm not talking about the vibration I'm just talking about the bass here which is why I've set it to 7 ish % where it gives out bads but no rattling.

My basshead headphones are pro700mk2, xb500, dt990 pro, xb900n and rest are bit towards audiophile. None of them even come close to 50% of justice to what evo does. I don't like boomy bass or midbass, what i love is depth, the holy low end

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #12,568 of 12,972
Put a pair of the JVC HA-SZ2000 for sale in the listings forum, tip top working condition with new pads. I am the only owner and these were kept on a headphone stand in an office their entire life. There is a mod mic mount stickied to one of the earcups, can be removed.

I have moved up to the world of planar.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #12,569 of 12,972
So here in the year 2023 what are the best option for getting my eyeballs vibrating? The only pair I own that can have the type of bass I'm looking for are my Modhouse Argon MK3s but getting them there requires pushing the volume way past my comfort level. I know it;s been discussed her before but I was thinking about getting the Crusher Evo.

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #12,570 of 12,972
You should totally get the Crusher Evo if you find it cheap enough--I think I paid $70 for them used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back