The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 16, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #11,881 of 12,992
Has anyone else picked up a set up or heard the M&O bluetooth berrylium headphones? They are the rebranded rbh hp2 and the same headphone as Urbanfun TS1, of which bad boy reviewed and loved on youtube. The company no longer sells them but there are a few left on ebay for $80. In fact in Zeos latest review of the headphones on his wall he still has a set of these. They also EQ like absolute crazy without distorting, as BGGA talks about below.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #11,882 of 12,992
Has anyone else picked up a set up or heard the M&O bluetooth berrylium headphones? They are the rebranded rbh hp2 and the same headphone as Urbanfun TS1, of which bad boy reviewed and loved on youtube. The company no longer sells them but there are a few left on ebay for $80. In fact in Zeos latest review of the headphones on his wall he still has a set of these. They also EQ like absolute crazy without distorting, as BGGA talks about below.

I have a set of both RBH HP2 and M&O. They look very similar and clearly come from the same OEM but they are not identical and the don't sound identical. The RBH is better tuned for my preference, and better damped. I can readily tell the difference in a blind test. Of course, the M&O has bluetooth, but it's a relatively weak amp. HP-2 with FiiO BTR5 for bluetooth smokes the M&O. If you can find an HP2, grab it. If not, the M&O is not a bad alternative.

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #11,883 of 12,992
I have a set of both RBH HP2 and M&O. They look very similar and clearly come from the same OEM but they are not identical and the don't sound identical. The RBH is better tuned for my preference, and better damped. I can readily tell the difference in a blind test. Of course, the M&O has bluetooth, but it's a relatively weak amp. HP-2 with FiiO BTR5 for bluetooth smokes the M&O. If you can find an HP2, grab it. If not, the M&O is not a bad alternative.
What is your preference? I was pretty sold by the bgga review of these. The warmer sound with great bass that doesn’t bleed into the miss and yet still has great highs. What is the main difference to you between them?

I haven’t seen an rbh on sale in a while, I ended up grabbing one of the m&o off eBay for 80 total.

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #11,884 of 12,992
Hi Guys,

I just got a JVC HA SZ 2000. When I listened to it compared to the JVC HA SZ 1000 I found the sound a little bit more muffled and less clear than the SZ 1000. Anyone can comment on this? Is it how it is or is it just my ears? I am thinking of selling one of them. Do you know what is a fair price to ask for them? I replaced the pads with a new one and put headband protection to make it look nice despite the headband wear. Thank you

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #11,885 of 12,992
Your gonna have to EQ dude. I assume you got them plugged into an amp that does at least 3-watts per channel? Now you gonna need to EQ them. Put at least +4DB to +6DB into the high frequency channels. If you want more base, put +10DB into the 32 to 65 HZ frequencies. If the mid-range is too in the face, drop the mids by -6DB. Keep the GAIN well into the negative to prevent distortion.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #11,886 of 12,992
Cascades are my end game. I was really happy with the TH-X00 purplehearts until hinges broke and wires lost sound years later, I was so scared that I wouldn't find anything to match up. Cascades are far more detailed, more mid bass and hit almost as low with sub bass, without eq. Not to mention far more portable and built like a tank. They also have revised the headband so they look a lot better on than they used to.

For the truly crazy bassheads, EQ cranking is absolutely insane if you want a skull rattling ear massage that you can feel... They respond remarkably well and with the right EQ highs and details remain.

I have them hooked up to my trusty ican micro and the 3D setting also does wonders. I honestly can't live without that now. I hear things in songs that I never once heard with the Fostex phones on the same set up.

The only con is that they put pressure on the middle of my head after some time wearing, so I put 2 Dekoni nuggets on the headband and now I can wear them all day.

This is good to know. My TH-X00 PH are my favorite headphones but for some reason they are just painful to wear for me. I tried pad swapping but it always ruins the sound. If they are a more detailed and have more mid bass I may finally pull the trigger. I've come to the realization after listening to may different headphones that I am indeed a basshead.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #11,887 of 12,992
Your gonna have to EQ dude. I assume you got them plugged into an amp that does at least 3-watts per channel? Now you gonna need to EQ them. Put at least +4DB to +6DB into the high frequency channels. If you want more base, put +10DB into the 32 to 65 HZ frequencies. If the mid-range is too in the face, drop the mids by -6DB. Keep the GAIN well into the negative to prevent distortion.
I am EQ them and I do have a 3 W amp. My compatison is 1000 against 2000. That 2000 sounds mote muffled than 1000

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #11,888 of 12,992
Thats cause the bassier something is out of the box, the more muffled its gonna be in the highs. Unless the smaller drivers in the cans have been toasted by the previous owner, your just gonna have to raise the high frequencies higher is all. If you can't get high frequencies from the cans at all no matter what you do, you know that the smaller drivers are toast.

Feb 26, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #11,890 of 12,992
I’m feeling lost. I need bass. And I can’t find it.

I’m looking for a headphone (closed) for the office that slams my head in the sub and mid bass but can also sound at least decent in the mids and treble.

planar bass isn’t it for me. I thought the Argons would be it but nope. I’ve tried the TH-X00 but they leak too much noise for the office.

IS THERE HOPE FOR ME?
CAN THE CASCADES DO WHAT FOSTEX DOES?

plz help.

headphones I’ve tried recently:
- ARGON MK3 (airy boom no good)
- Fostex TH-00 (slam town USA, bad iso tho)
- DT 770 80 ohm (need much more than this)
- Sennheiser momentum 3 (not bad actually)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #11,891 of 12,992
I’m feeling lost. I need bass. And I can’t find it.

I’m looking for a headphone (closed) for the office that slams my head in the sub and mid bass but can also sound at least decent in the mids and treble.

planar bass isn’t it for me. I thought the Argons would be it but nope. I’ve tried the TH-X00 but they leak too much noise for the office.

IS THERE HOPE FOR ME?
CAN THE CASCADES DO WHAT FOSTEX DOES?

plz help.

headphones I’ve tried recently:
- ARGON MK3 (airy boom no good)
- Fostex TH-00 (slam town USA, bad iso tho)
- DT 770 80 ohm (need much more than this)
- Sennheiser momentum 3 (not bad actually)
My Z1Rs hit pretty hard with decent isolation.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #11,894 of 12,992
It's been well over a year since I sold my cascades and the z7 and heavily modified my X00, so any impressions would be out of memory and I don't want to steer you the wrong way so take this with a grain of salt. I can tell you that I loved the cascades especially with eq to lesson the V shape sound signature, my problem with them was the fit.

The z7 were super comfortable and isolated really well but they were darker and sounded more constrained then the other 2, once I modified the X00 I ended up enjoying the sound signature more so I decided to keep does but if you want something that's mobile, slams and it's build like a tank you can't go wrong with the cascades

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #11,895 of 12,992
It's been well over a year since I sold my cascades and the z7 and heavily modified my X00, so any impressions would be out of memory and I don't want to steer you the wrong way so take this with a grain of salt. I can tell you that I loved the cascades especially with eq to lesson the V shape sound signature, my problem with them was the fit.

The z7 were super comfortable and isolated really well but they were darker and sounded more constrained then the other 2, once I modified the X00 I ended up enjoying the sound signature more so I decided to keep does but if you want something that's mobile, slams and it's build like a tank you can't go wrong with the cascades
Awesome. Thank you for sharing that. Could you describe what you mean by constrained? I might also consider the z7 if people say it’s worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back