The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 21, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #11,116 of 12,992
You need more bass than you can get with Xbass? 😲

😱

I need to turn the Xbass off when I use my THX00 or D2000 with the iCan. Heck, I can't even use my Project Ember with those headphones (too much bass).

I guess you are a real basshead....I salute you. 👍

I couldn't agree more. That beast is a bass monster.

If you use with Xbass, I wonder what kind of bass it will deliver. Superrrr bass. LOL

very nice HP for bass lovers.

My go to HP for watching movies because it mimics soundwoofers.

May 24, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #11,119 of 12,992
Can your headphones do this subbass slam?
(exactly at 0:45 min)

May 24, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #11,120 of 12,992

Hey hey, my cans slam at the 0.45 mark, but they can slam harder, and they are only held back by my Fiio A5 amp. Well guess what? I ordered the S.M.S.L SP200 amp, and its arriving tomorrow. Then I can slam my skull much harder with more POWER! HAHA

May 24, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #11,121 of 12,992

That wasn't a very hard song for headphones to do as far as subbass goes. No offense intended truly. It does test the speed of the driver's attack a bit though.

Try this one out on your headphones if you like:

May 24, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #11,122 of 12,992
No offense intended truly. It does test the speed of the driver's attack a bit though.

Try this one out on your headphones if you like:

Me too, I just wanted to share some difficult bass test tracks :L3000:

Yeah that what was difficult, the slam that low (it was at ~50hz, not too low to reach) and not the extension and rumble as the Post Malone's.

The most difficult subbass rumble track I know of is this one. Man, my BA IEMs just fart lol.

May 24, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #11,123 of 12,992
Whats up OldDude? I haven't seen you in a long time, was missing a regular basshead in here, glad your back buddy! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I usually use Wiz Khalifa On My Level - BASS BOOSTED to test basshead can's. But I didn't mind trying out his video there, it was cool.

And I freaking loved that song you posted OldDude! Really good rythim, good lyrics, and great bass. I wouldn't mind listening to that song again tomarrow with my SP200 amp comes in. HEHE

May 24, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #11,124 of 12,992

Yeah that what was difficult, the slam that low (it was at ~50hz, not too low to reach) and not the extension and rumble as the Post Malone's.

The most difficult subbass rumble track I know of is this one. Man, my BA IEMs just fart lol.

Now thats a creepy as foooooook song. Though I loved the low bass in the track, felt a bit muddy though, not much of a solid bass hit, as more of a bass rumble, enjoyed it though! I didn't enjoy the song though, too creepy. I read a comment from the video, and the guy was talking about how the power went out, and he went down in the bassment along a long corridor, to get to the breaker box, for fear he may have popped it from too high draw load. It was pitch black down there, and then the phone he was using the flashlight on, radomely chose this song to play, and it seriously creeped him out, as it would anyone I imagine lol.

May 24, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #11,125 of 12,992

Oh man, that one made me nostalgic for my car audio days. It had a similar vibe to DJ Magic Mike tracks from back in the day.

May 24, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #11,126 of 12,992
Whats up OldDude? I haven't seen you in a long time, was missing a regular basshead in here, glad your back buddy! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I usually use Wiz Khalifa On My Level - BASS BOOSTED to test basshead can's. But I didn't mind trying out his video there, it was cool.

And I freaking loved that song you posted OldDude! Really good rythim, good lyrics, and great bass. I wouldn't mind listening to that song again tomarrow with my SP200 amp comes in. HEHE

Hey bro! I been around, just haven't been posting much here. I've been in my planar magnetic phase for a bit, loving them. But I recently bought a set of Lawton modded Fostex TR-X00's and did some foam/felt mods to them just so I could get back some classic dynamic driver bassheaded goodness. I'm running an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC to a Monolith THX 887 and the Fostex love the juice.

If you liked that Post Malone song, give this Jelly Roll/Tech N9ne song a shot:

May 24, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #11,127 of 12,992
Hey bro! I been around, just haven't been posting much here. I've been in my planar magnetic phase for a bit, loving them. But I recently bought a set of Lawton modded Fostex TR-X00's and did some foam/felt mods to them just so I could get back some classic dynamic driver bassheaded goodness. I'm running an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC to a Monolith THX 887 and the Fostex love the juice.

If you liked that Post Malone song, give this Jelly Roll/Tech N9ne song a shot:

Yo! I hear a lot of good things about Planar Magnetics, people seem to rave about them for the clear clean sound. However, having said that, people usually don't rave about them being basshead can's, but how could they honestly, they are open backed. Nothing like a closed back dynamic driver that is totally in your head, shaking you up, making you get out of bed. HAHA!

I'm not in the income bracket to afford any Fostex can's honestly. But I also hear that they produce amazing sound even for their closed back nature, so not surprised you are enjoying them. I am very aware of the Monolith THX 887 amp however. Cause those are one of the many amps I recently researched, before pulling the trigger on the S.M.S.L SP200. What you have there is a quality amp bro, should bang your head around quite nicely!

And yes, I really did enjoy that latest song you posted, you listen to some good music. I loved hearing the guys story in his song, I think many can relate you know? Feel free to keep posting songs, so far I haven't hated anything you posted. :L3000:

May 25, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #11,128 of 12,992
Yo! I hear a lot of good things about Planar Magnetics, people seem to rave about them for the clear clean sound. However, having said that, people usually don't rave about them being basshead can's, but how could they honestly, they are open backed. Nothing like a closed back dynamic driver that is totally in your head, shaking you up, making you get out of bed. HAHA!

I'm not in the income bracket to afford any Fostex can's honestly. But I also hear that they produce amazing sound even for their closed back nature, so not surprised you are enjoying them. I am very aware of the Monolith THX 887 amp however. Cause those are one of the many amps I recently researched, before pulling the trigger on the S.M.S.L SP200. What you have there is a quality amp bro, should bang your head around quite nicely!

And yes, I really did enjoy that latest song you posted, you listen to some good music. I loved hearing the guys story in his song, I think many can relate you know? Feel free to keep posting songs, so far I haven't hated anything you posted. :L3000:

You should really enjoy that SP200, I've read good things. Post up your impressions.

All planars aren't open back. Planars can actually hit extremely well in the lows, even the open back ones are known to get very low and hit hard with some EQ. They just don't seem to shake my head as hard as a dynamic driver. They have a cleaner more precise bass that reaches deep. Below is a pic explaining planar bass in case you're interested.

bass.jpg

May 25, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #11,129 of 12,992
You should really enjoy that SP200, I've read good things. Post up your impressions.

All planars aren't open back. Planars can actually hit extremely well in the lows, even the open back ones are known to get very low and hit hard with some EQ. They just don't seem to shake my head as hard as a dynamic driver. They have a cleaner more precise bass that reaches deep. Below is a pic explaining planar bass in case you're interested.

bass.jpg

Thanks for posting the graph, I did eyeball both of them, looks like the Planars do indeed go lower. With the driver being a thinner design, it does make sense as to how it can be quicker on the punch, yes, I read the info down bellow as well. lol Thank you for posting your experience though! I always appreciate it when people post their experience with headphones, amps, dacs. I already have a thread in the headphone amp full size forum. Which will soon get updated tomorrow with some delicious pictures that I plan to take of my new amp.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #11,130 of 12,992
Ill say this the Sony XB900N's sound awesome wired. I had purchased them on a whim, as my V-Moda M100's were showing signs of being well worked out. I use the XB900Ns with my Plenue D with Mach3Bass Enabled, I have also used them with my iPod running an C5D Amp as well as on my phone (Android S8) playing through Poweramp (app). I feel that they can more than match what the M100's put out Bass wise, although I do not think I have pushed the 900's as hard. They are more comfortable I find as well. I too am still searching for the elusive SZ's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back