The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 8, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #9,766 of 12,975
Amazon refunds members in good standing before they receive the returned items. I always get my refund before they receive my item. It's a gesture to trusted members but in 30 days the vendor will probably report you. You'll also get an automated e-mail in about two or less reminding you that they haven't received the item yet because they scan your code when they recieve the item. The 'system' knows you still have the headphones and will update to "return complete" when they receive and scan it in. If your status says "Return complete" then you truly did get very lucky. However, if it says something like "Return started" then they are definitely waiting for it regardless of how fast they refunded you.

This is what it says:
Return pending seller approval
If you haven't heard from the seller within 2 business days you may file a claim
  • $186.00 refund issued on Aug 6, 2017.
Spoke with an Amazon rep. The gist:
  • 01:06 PM PDT Jayesh: May I know if you have received the item?
  • 01:07 PM PDT Me: I do have the item. However, it's defective.
  • 01:09 PM PDT Jayesh: Not to worry, I see the seller has already closed the return request and don't want the item further. you don't need to return the item. you can keep or donate or dispose of it. We have already processed refund for you.
  • 01:10 PM PDT Me: Really? So this transaction is over? He/She doesn't want me to return the product?
  • 01:10 PM PDT Jayesh: Yes, the transaction is over. Seller don't want item, any further.
  • 01:11 PM PDT Me: That's very generous. I guess I have no more questions or concerns.
  • 01:11 PM PDT Jayesh: Thank you. Is there anything that I can help you with today?
  • 01:12 PM PDT Me: That would be it. Thank you.
  • 01:12 PM PDT Jayesh: Welcome
Keep, donate, or dispose...why not keep, keep, or keep?

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #9,767 of 12,975
This is what it says:
Return pending seller approval
If you haven't heard from the seller within 2 business days you may file a claim
  • $186.00 refund issued on Aug 6, 2017.
Spoke with an Amazon rep. The gist:
  • 01:06 PM PDT Jayesh: May I know if you have received the item?
  • 01:07 PM PDT Me: I do have the item. However, it's defective.
  • 01:09 PM PDT Jayesh: Not to worry, I see the seller has already closed the return request and don't want the item further. you don't need to return the item. you can keep or donate or dispose of it. We have already processed refund for you.
  • 01:10 PM PDT Me: Really? So this transaction is over? He/She doesn't want me to return the product?
  • 01:10 PM PDT Jayesh: Yes, the transaction is over. Seller don't want item, any further.
  • 01:11 PM PDT Me: That's very generous. I guess I have no more questions or concerns.
  • 01:11 PM PDT Jayesh: Thank you. Is there anything that I can help you with today?
  • 01:12 PM PDT Me: That would be it. Thank you.
  • 01:12 PM PDT Jayesh: Welcome
Keep, donate, or dispose...why not keep, keep, or keep?

That's pretty lucky. I had that happen once several years ago for a pair of shoes I bought but it was Amazon not a 3rd party seller. I wouldn't keep it for spare parts that's a waste and will just rot in storage. Maybe sell it at a friendly price to someone in need.

Aug 9, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #9,768 of 12,975
Too bad we dont have a Lowest Hitting Headphone club

I would add HE 560 to that :)

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #9,769 of 12,975
Too bad we dont have a Lowest Hitting Headphone club

I would add HE 560 to that :)

Are you referring to tonality when you say "lowest hitting"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the frequency response of a headphone tell you how low it goes? Our ears don't really perceive much after 20 hz, some people can hear 18 hz but very few ... It's like when you play a low note on the piano, not every single piano will sound good playing that same low key, but every standard 88 key piano will be able to play it regardless of the tone of the sound.
Talking out of my ass so someone might need to verify this lol

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #9,770 of 12,975
If anyone has tried the Sennheiser HD630VB's how are they with the bass dail turned up?
I really enjoy my IE80's which also have a bass dail. So the HD630VB's are very interesting to me.
I was advised on this thread Fostex headphones with my amp (Schiit Jotunheim) would probably result in unbearable treble, so I'm now considering these instead.
They are won't be my full time headphones, just for when I want to listen to some EDM or hip hop, and want a lot of bass.
I really miss living in a house sometimes, it was so nice to be able to just turn on my speakers, and subwoofer when I wanted tons of bass, and not have to worry about bothering people in the apartments around me.

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #9,772 of 12,975
If anyone has tried the Sennheiser HD630VB's how are they with the bass dail turned up?
I really enjoy my IE80's which also have a bass dail. So the HD630VB's are very interesting to me.
I was advised on this thread Fostex headphones with my amp (Schiit Jotunheim) would probably result in unbearable treble, so I'm now considering these instead.
They are won't be my full time headphones, just for when I want to listen to some EDM or hip hop, and want a lot of bass.
I really miss living in a house sometimes, it was so nice to be able to just turn on my speakers, and subwoofer when I wanted tons of bass, and not have to worry about bothering people in the apartments around me.

I've only said the TH-900s. The TH-X00s are a little softer, more so if you get the EMU brand (plus they have detachable cables). Buy it with the Ebony cups, and they are smooth across the upper mids and treble.

Aug 11, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #9,774 of 12,975
I've only said the TH-900s. The TH-X00s are a little softer, more so if you get the EMU brand (plus they have detachable cables). Buy it with the Ebony cups, and they are smooth across the upper mids and treble.

My bad, I guess I wrongly assumed all of them in the family would have the treble issue. The reason I was most interested in the TH-900's and TH-610's is Massdrop doesn't take returns, and I don't want to be stuck with the headphones if I don't like them, or have to sell them at a loss. I guess that leaves me with either the TH-610's, or the HD630VB's, sense both are easily returned to Amazon, with the only cost being return shipping.

I would eventually like to get another amp, probably a tube amp, but before I do that I wanted to have a collection of 2-3 headphones that cover all the genres I like.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #9,775 of 12,975
Not sure if this has been covered here because I've been bad at keeping up with Head-Fi, but anyone looking for a crazy powerful amp with incredible bass extension, take a look at the Schiit Jotunheim. If your DAC and/or headphones are bright, walk on by, but for anyone else, this amp made me change my tune about Schiit. Works equally well with my IEMs and full size cans.

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #9,777 of 12,975
Pretty poor.
Go for the Emu as mentioned above. Tad smooth but pretty good for price/performance and comfy

I was able to try the E-MU Teaks, and Fostex TH-900's at the DC area Head-Fi meet yesterday. I loved the Teaks, and definitely preferred them over the TH-900's. I didn't get to hear the 630VB's but I think I like the Teaks enough to just buy them without trying the 630VB's.

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #9,780 of 12,975
The th-x00 with Lawton stage 1 tuning without the foam in the cup is darn awesome. Paired with my idsd bl and some generous eq has left my sz2000s collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back