The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #9,436 of 12,992

**editing video now**

I own Digital Design headphones.

I always wanted to type that.

They sound really nice. Was expecting a novelty offer from a famous subwoofer company and got a beautiful great sounding set of cans. Bass is enough to crack top 10 but until I switch pads I cannot do a vid. vibrates my face and tickles my ears and slams but pads too soft like original SZ so a test will have to wait

Beautiful cans !! So these were the ones I was talking about ...

Good with rock, house, techno, hip hop. To consider! Waiting for paper test.

May 3, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #9,437 of 12,992
Beautiful cans !! So these were the ones I was talking about ...

Good with rock, house, techno, hip hop. To consider! Waiting for paper test.

I believe you :point_left:were the original person to bring these up.

They need an amp to hit hard and I need to change pads (they do come off) before a paper test so of course no listing until a vid.

I will re-post vid since we page flipped.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #9,439 of 12,992
Hey HBB! i was inspired by your post on these Digital Design headphones and sale price now went down to less than a Benjamin....so i ordered some early this morning. looking forward to your further impressions and pad recommendations!!.

Welcome to the DD club.
The pads are round but I am going to try and put the JVC XX pads on em.

May 3, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #9,440 of 12,992
Kind of wandering the site and came across this thread. Making it real hard not to impulse buy the DD. Especially at 1/2 off and I'm a sucker for wood. Any quick comparisons to JVC or a description on the sound signature?

May 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #9,441 of 12,992
Welcome to the DD club.
The pads are round but I am going to try and put the JVC XX pads on em.

I'm kind of interested, but I'm waiting to see how the JVC XX pads (and by proxy, the HM5 pads) work out. I'm not Dumbo, but I have larger ears and hate on-ear headphones. If the HM5 pads end up being viable, I might just "own some Digital Designs headphones, man", lol.

May 3, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #9,442 of 12,992
I bought the dd's before i even watched hbb's video, and then i watched and stoked is all i can say.... This breaks a long long streak of only sz's. Oh my god, dd headphones!!!! This is completely unexpected. Fully sick! Will test with idsd black edition. I need to figure out how to edit profiles on this new site. Screw that. Dd headphones!!!

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #9,445 of 12,992
IMGP5939.JPG
IMGP5940.JPG
IMGP5941.JPG

Be careful, it seems the only material between dome and foam is nothing. I will try and take off later (going to beach now). SZ pads too big but I will try it anyway later

May 4, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #9,446 of 12,992
@Hawaiibadboy

Mutha****a...those are some beautiful looking cans.

I remembered some DD headphones were being talked about couple years back and it didn't look the ones you have now.

OT

since there is no more DtP.

Mother ****ers should start paying your ass for vids. My man dropped a vid about a product and automatically at least 10 people will go out and get them, including myself.

Haters will hate, but the proof is in the pudding. Just look at numbers.

Also, been wanting to say this about the new site.

****!!!! this layout. HBB is right, they forgot the core of this is the community helping people. Not big ass flashing banners thats about to give me a epileptic seizure every time I visit this place.

Ok, thats it

May 4, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #9,448 of 12,992

I love them, think they are worth the price...but they will not make the Top 10

Bass needs amp and EQ and can shake the chassis but it's not a cannon.

I like mine a lot though :)
:triportsad:NOT Top 10? I may just get one anyway because the price is right and I love a good woody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back