The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #9,406 of 12,992
While it looks good, I wasn't happy with the function at first, but I've got it figured out now. The only thing I miss is the reputation system. We don't get to leave any message behind like before. It's just a "Like" system like Facebook.

Man I had like 2,800 rep + 380 unique rep points. That's Aaaaaall gone. Was a private source of pride.
The Private club was a collection of bassheads and others that rarely post here. Bums me out that whole thing got wasted and ditched.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #9,407 of 12,992
What are the best bass headphones?

This is the hunt for the "Top 10" Bass headphones on the consumer market.
The list will be compiled and based on identical set-ups (or similar) and tracks with identical Eq sloping/boosting.

TOP 10 May 2017

1. J.V.C HA-SZ2000

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT

Impedance:16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
EQ: Needs
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: Veiled , Poor stock pads.

DAP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9
Volume: 34

AMP: FiiO e12

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

2. FOSTEX TH900

Driver size: 50mm dia Nd magnet

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom:

EQ: Needs (raise bass only)
Genre' Anything
Weakness:...Price?

AP: COWON iAudio10
EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

3. Sony XB1000

Driver size: 70mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 24 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (HipHop/EDM/?)
Weakness:pillow pads absorb too much of the hit.

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

4. J.V.C HA-SZ1000

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT

Impedance 16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: less veiled than sz2k but veiled , Poor stock pads.

DAP: ipad
EQ:
"Equalizer" app
42Hz Q 1.000 +7.9dB
51Hz Q 1.000 +7.7dB
78Hz Q 5.000 +2.8dB

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

5. FOSTEX TH600 / Massdrop THX-00

Driver size: Driver:50mm dia Nd magnet / bio-dynamic diaphragm

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom:
Genre' Anything

Weakness:.

(for TH600 below)

AP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

For TH-X00

1. HEADPHONE
    Fostex TH-X00 (Mahogany)

DAP
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus

EQ
    Equalizer App by Audioforge Labs
    40 Hz Q=0.308 6.000 dB
    156 Hz Q=0.545 2.700 dB

DAC/AMP
    Chord Mojo
    Bass Boost N/A
    Gain Switch N/A

6.Technics RP-DH1250

Driver size: Driver:50mm mylar P.E.T

Impedance 50 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Enormous
Genre' Anything

7. JVC HA-MR77x

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 46 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs (to raise mids)
Genre' (Hip-Hop)
Weakness: mids sound like ass.

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

8. HPH Yamaha Pro 500

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 23 Ohm
Genre' (Anything)
Weakness:pad size (shallow)

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

9.Audio Technica -ATH Pro700mk2

Driver size: 53mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 68 Ohm
Genre' (Anything)

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

10. V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 32 Ohm
Genre' (Anything)

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

Configurations used

1. Source
Cowon iAudio10
flat eq,
Mach3Bass +9
BBE+8

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

--------------------

1. Source
Sony NWZ E473
Clear Bass +3,
flat eq,

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

--------------------

1. Source
Apple Ipad
App - "Equalizer",
eq,
42Hz Q 1.000 +7.9dB
51Hz Q 1.000 +7.7dB
78Hz Q 5.000 +2.8dB

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on,

------------------------

1. Source
Apple iPhone 6S Plus

EQ
Equalizer App by Audioforge Labs
20 Hz Q=0.308 10.00 dB
63 Hz Q=0.545 14.00 dB
156 Hz Q=1.000 6.00 dB

DAC/AMP
Chord Mojo
Bass Boost N/A
Gain Switch N/A

Notes & Thoughts

The bass paper test is just a visual of what is heard and felt on ear. It's pretty damn accurate. The cans you think will do well usually do and the ones that you don't think will... often don't.
Thanks to the folks that participate and take the time to show new ways to get to basstopia.
If I had a set of cans that hit harder than one on the list I'd do it in a heartbeat, share the exact settings and let my vid replace 500 words of stuff already said about can "A".

If you can lounge around threads talking about not too much really... you could put a face to the bass. I'll eventually get to em' anyway .

_______
Oh I'm not playing that game...it's dumb

or

**plays dumb game...kicks major azz .....and waaaalks away laughing**
______

I'd do the 2nd one cuz I'm competitive like that.

Folks..
There wasn't a wiki or a list to even argue about much less anyone even trying to be creative with an easy to mimic way of showing low energy force. Nada. Just words.

If you disagree with the list be a productive member and shave 5 minutes off your life showing something. If you're not a basshead you should just enjoy the view. I don't troll Stax threads or any other thread that is not in my range of interest. This thread is 149 pages of non flaming and name calling. It's been great sans 4 events and one needed a mod and 3 were worked out among adults and self edited. If you have a bad moment I'll ask you to get a hold of yourself
(it happens...we all get wound up sometimes) if you don't edit I'll flag ya and the folks who need to know ...they know this thread is clean. It will stay that way. You have the tracks and EXACT settings from multiple hardware sources.

This is a collection of the hardest hitting cans. Nothing more.
Nobody is claiming anything besides the fact that these 10 will thump your head.
There are no links provided. We do not do sales by proxy. Find your own links.
You proceed with the knowledge that nothing is better than a personal listening experience.

Q) Who listens to headphones like this?
A) If you're wondering,.... probably not you.

Q) Who are you?
A) I'm a former Car Audio IASCA dB drag competitor. I am pure-breed basshead. I'm used to measuring things. Words like "Cannon" mean nothing to me without some visual proof.
Low frequency audio signals will give you that visual.
Charts, and words like separation,staging, are not of interest to me. A typical mastered Hip-Hop track is going to live along the "V" response anyway.

Q) Why?
A) Because nobody else is. (simple answer). Also because it's fun.
I'm a basshead.
There is room enough on Head-fi for everyone. We do our thing.

B) Low frequency audio signals
using no more than a portable amp and DAP can deliver a vibration to the head that can be felt.
Well...if that's true....and it is (that you can feel it) then that sensation can be captured...on video. You don't need to ask anyone. You don't need to listen to stuff like "smashes my skull" "melts my face" etc etc. Just look. The driver size, the pad type, the amount of energy (amp) are all relevant. The gear and settings are ALWAYS shared. That should be the default for anyone who rec's bass cans.

I came to Head-fi with one goal.
Hardest hitters are????
Which ones again?

Exactly.

If anyone did answer they never gave the equipment, the track, the settings
frown.gif
. Useless. How can I follow that?

Guy comes on and claims the Yamaha Pro 500 need to be on the Wiki "Cannon" section.

Oh really?

Show me.

He does.

Now they are.

From the moment of claim to visual proof captured and uploaded took under 25 minutes.

Think about that. His claim to a prove on a public forum in a thread devoted to that...confirmed in 25 minutes.

How long has Youtube been around? How long have decent portable cams on phones been available?

Put the french up or shut the french up. It's too frenching easy.

Q) Why are these not "Cannon's" on the Wiki?
A) Good question. These are the 10 hardest hitters that I have heard but they are not all cannons automatically. Some may be as that Wiki is updated as often as possible. Also many ....7 of 10 with the 77x ,American Audio, and XB700 being the exceptions...play most Genre and can hammer. 70% of the list is not even Basshead. It's not what the cans do...it's what the cans can do.
Potential.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #9,408 of 12,992
Man I had like 2,800 rep + 380 unique rep points. That's Aaaaaall gone. Was a private source of pride.
The Private club was a collection of bassheads and others that rarely post here. Bums me out that whole thing got wasted and ditched.

Yeah, I didn't have anywhere near that, lol. But I liked getting rep where people left messages, usually funny ones. Also, I could use the rep I gave to others as a bookmark system for posts I wanted to go back to and not have to search for. I mean I've gotten used to most things in this new version, but I will miss the rep and our pic albums. What was the Private Club?

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #9,409 of 12,992
Yeah, I didn't have anywhere near that, lol. But I liked getting rep where people left messages, usually funny ones. Also, I could use the rep I gave to others as a bookmark system for posts I wanted to go back to and not have to search for. I mean I've gotten used to most things in this new version, but I will miss the rep and our pic albums. What was the Private Club?

Was called Disturbin tha' Peace and I had the largest members only collection of OG bassheads and others. Had a newspaper thread where I criticized the reviewers the system the sponsors ..everything. It couldn't get out of hand as only club members could comment. There were some classic classic posts in there. Lotta crap but a few gems....totally gone now.

I will likely never come across some of them again as they were 1 or 2 post a year type folks. The basshead wiki is gone too.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #9,410 of 12,992

I agree, I had a fair amount of rep myself, not as much as you, but it does suck it's going and it was enjoyable to read them. Would of been nice if they kept the reputation system and a few other things. Not to mention the site is still quite buggy.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #9,411 of 12,992
No! I'd just gotten my ATH-WS770iS on the wiki list! Lol.

Back to bass, you have the Trinity Master 4 on the Basshead IEM list. I've got that one, and I just received their new Master. The bass on the new Master is much deeper and cleaner than the PM4, so if you get a chance to try them out, you might find a new top 10 IEM changeup necessary.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #9,412 of 12,992
I agree, I had a fair amount of rep myself, not as much as you, but it does suck it's going and it was enjoyable to read them. Would of been nice if they kept the reputation system and a few other things. Not to mention the site is still quite buggy.

Yeah the great/funny comments were next to the rep too...man, bummed. Most of mine was when this thread was being born. I got my Contributor badge partly based on the amount of rep and help I gave in PM. Now folks will use it like Facebook since it is viewable by others.

No! I'd just gotten my ATH-WS770iS on the wiki list! Lol.

Back to bass, you have the Trinity Master 4 on the Basshead IEM list. I've got that one, and I just received their new Master. The bass on the new Master is much deeper and cleaner than the PM4, so if you get a chance to try them out, you might find a new top 10 IEM changeup necessary.

Trinity was the subject of 3 of my last 4 posts in that dead group. They must be happy about that. Doubt I am getting anything Trinity unless it is sent. That thread is chaos.

I got a very beautiful set of over ear bass cans coming. I just sealed the deal via mail. I am paying for em. I will do a vid.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #9,413 of 12,992
Yeah the great/funny comments were next to the rep too...man, bummed. Most of mine was when this thread was being born. I got my Contributor badge partly based on the amount of rep and help I gave in PM. Now folks will use it like Facebook since it is viewable by others.

Trinity was the subject of 3 of my last 4 posts in that dead group. They must be happy about that. Doubt I am getting anything Trinity unless it is sent. That thread is chaos.

I got a very beautiful set of over ear bass cans coming. I just sealed the deal via mail. I am paying for em. I will do a vid.

Any clue about those cans? Extreme Capabilities?

Bro, as soon as the situation is regularized, if possible, go back to the Club. I am one of those who do not post frequently but, I entertained and learned a lot !!

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #9,414 of 12,992

What no more private club?! NOOOOOOOOO

Only place where I felt like god.... I had the ability to accept or damn you to hell by not letting you in the club.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #9,416 of 12,992
Any clue about those cans? Extreme Capabilities?

Bro, as soon as the situation is regularized, if possible, go back to the Club. I am one of those who do not post frequently but, I entertained and learned a lot !!

That was such an Oasis. Free reign to talk about whatever without it being OT, jumped into or joined in by morons. Can't believe they don't re-intro that.

What no more private club?! NOOOOOOOOO

Only place where I felt like god.... I had the ability to accept or damn you to hell by not letting you in the club.

LOL, I had just booted one of the sites biggest reviewers from the club a week ago for being too far gone to be believed and could not stay in that club. I don't care about anything like a Big NOBLE digital album greeting me when I check notifications but that club......man....OASIS

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #9,417 of 12,992
Ladies and gents,

Thinking about splurging next month..

TH600 vs THX00?

I know they're pretty similar but I've been hearing the TH600 is the true bass head phone of the two..

Vids don't lie. The THX-00 slams like a boss and does not cost as much as the 600 iirc. Both things being equal I'd pick the cheaper of the 2 and spend the savings on money towards an amp or pads or something

just my 2 cents

May 1, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #9,419 of 12,992
Are there no more PM's? I need to send one and cannot figure out how lol, all I can find is to post a public message on someones profile wall.. anyone able to point me where the Private Message option is?

Edit: err.. found it lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back