The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 18, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #9,376 of 12,992
Thanks I'll give those a listen today. Got plenty of time as home from work with a fever today :slight_frown:

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #9,378 of 12,992

This is how my day started. Today was a good day. 
basshead.gif

Lovely looking setup. Excuse my ignorance, but what program are you running in the image?

Much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks man. It is Neutron, in my opinion the best music app possible on Android. Click HERE for specs.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #9,379 of 12,992
Anyone know if there is a difference in the Cayin C5 amp and the Cayin Spark C5 (C5DAC) amp?

Trying to see which set up would be optimal for sound quality and bass impact (willing to sacrifice a little bass for better SQ though)

1. Cayin C5 + FiiO E10K DAC (Already own this amp/dac)

2. Cayin Spark C5

3. Cayin C5 + JDS Labs O2 DAC

I'm also hearing that not a lot of people use the Cayin C5 as a dedicated Desktop Amp ... Any reason why? I dont plan on bring this around with me everywhere, It will be sitting on my desk at home 99% of the time. An iFi iCAN SE would be great but can't afford that ...

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #9,380 of 12,992
  Anyone know if there is a difference in the Cayin C5 amp and the Cayin Spark C5 (C5DAC) amp?

Trying to see which set up would be optimal for sound quality and bass impact (willing to sacrifice a little bass for better SQ though)

2. Cayin Spark C5

I'm also hearing that not a lot of people use the Cayin C5 as a dedicated Desktop Amp ... Any reason why? I dont plan on bring this around with me everywhere, It will be sitting on my desk at home 99% of the time. An iFi iCAN SE would be great but can't afford that ...

Bump.

I don't listen much besides portable but maybe someone else can help you.

I have only used the C5 amp out of the ones mentioned

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #9,381 of 12,992

2. Cayin Spark C5

If your going to be using a lot at home, you may not have ambient noise to down out the amp noise as much as being on the go.. The Fiio A5 has a lower 'noise floor' (less amp hiss) than the c5.

It however has a lower boost on bass if that matters most to you.  On the go, c5 for sure.. at home the a5 may be a more viable choice as external noises wont help you ignore the amp hiss as much..

(all amps have some hiss, some are better at keeping it at bay.)

Edit: to be clear, not saying the c5 has a bad hiss, just the a5 is going to be lesser in general.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #9,383 of 12,992
So I got my hands on a Cayin C5 amp.

In order to replicate what you guys are experiencing with it + the SZ2k, can anyone post their amp settings and EQ settings?

I can use my PC or my iPhone 6S Plus to try my best at simulating the exact output.

Only reason I purchased one is to determine the root cause of this flabby/farty noise I'm getting with bass.

Many thanks in advance.

I experienced the same thing with a c5 and note 4. For me it seemed more linked to the track than anything. Sounded good most of the time but every once in a while I'd get mad flab. I ended up selling it without figuring out what the cause was.

I can tell you that I've never experienced it with my ifi ican though. The ican always has a more "controlled" way about it, never flabby, always good clean bass. It may just be a limitation of the hardware since it is, for the most part, a "budget", product.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #9,384 of 12,992
All Bassheads should listen to kendrick Lamar's album. It's superb

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #9,386 of 12,992
+ 1

DNA specially!! :basshead:

It s very good in fact! In new hip-hop music the sub 30hz has become famous. That's why I don't understand when some recommands 90-2000's songs. There were some very interesting ones for sure but I don't remember any that could go as low as the recent ones. Take any mixtape from juicy J or tyga for example. I have two songs that permit me to test if a set of cans can go low (under 30hz) :

https://youtu.be/Qu0NdcDqrXw

And

https://youtu.be/niK-otYewsQ

Note : if you are not amazed by how low the bass of those songs can go, is that your eq isn't good :rofl:

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #9,387 of 12,992
I've noticed that too. Modern hip hop is great for Bassheads. Lil Wayne has plenty of low bass as does as$p rocky

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #9,388 of 12,992
Tyga rack city is also worth a listen

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #9,389 of 12,992
Just wondering if any fellow bassheads here (who do extreme EQ'ing / sub-bass boosting and amping, as I do) have had any long-term problems with headphone drivers getting blown after a year or two of hardcore basshead use.

The left-side driver on my white-silver pair of M-100s that I got almost two years ago in China...finally gave out this week. The sound on the left side now cuts in and out, and makes a loud popping noise when playing powerful sub-bass through it. Because I alternate between my two pair of M-100s (I have a dual-listening setup for the purpose of listening with a friend), this pair that got blown had about one year net-total of usage.

V-Moda only has a repair / service center in the U.S. and I live in China, so due to a plethora of reasons, I've decided not to ship my blown pair to the U.S. for warranty. The shop I bought it from here in Chongqing has just now sent it off to a headphone service center somewhere in China, and said they'd let me know in a week or two if it can be repaired or not. My guess is that unless they can replace the driver(s) with new M-100 ones, then it's probably unfixable.

The shopkeeper said that new pairs of M-100s were no longer available from their vendors, so I went ahead and ordered a new pair from V-Moda's "Official Flagship Store" in Shanghai on the reputable website TMall. There's a lot of fakes in China (especially with Beats headphones), so I wanted to play it safe. I did enter the serial number of my blown pair into V-Moda's site, though, and it is totally legit and genuine.

So in the near future, it looks like I'll start keeping three pair of M-100s: two for my dual-listening setup, and one as a "spare tire," available for immediate use if a pair gets blown.

Anyway, I've rambled a bit, but am just curious if anyone here has had similar experiences about long-term use...in their adventures in bassheadland.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #9,390 of 12,992
 Originally Posted by flashmp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It s very good in fact! In new hip-hop music the sub 30hz has become famous. That's why I don't understand when some recommands 90-2000's songs. There were some very interesting ones for sure but I don't remember any that could go as low as the recent ones. Take any mixtape from juicy J or tyga for example. I have two songs that permit me to test if a set of cans can go low (under 30hz) :

https://youtu.be/Qu0NdcDqrXw

And

https://youtu.be/niK-otYewsQ

Note : if you are not amazed by how low the bass of those songs can go, is that your eq isn't good :rofl:

Just as you said it. I've also noticed that trend and not just hip hop. And take into account that, I have no skills in equalizing 
wink.gif

Good leads provided.

Lupe Fiasco Drogas Light has been recommended here ... with just reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back