The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 3, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #9,301 of 12,991
Has anyone listened to the song below on the SZ2000's? 

Skrux - If You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HAy1U9cziY

I'm guessing that's called sub-bass.  I'm not very educated in audio, but the bass is really low.  Listening to it also feels a little weird as the bass sorta switches between both ears.  Is it possible to tell the frequency range of the bass by listening to it? 

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #9,302 of 12,991
  Tech and the BrainSick crew, Twista, Bone Thugz... all great when need to hype the brain. There is this Crucified fella who is like.... well out there.... but he has some features on his CD that challenge the brain to keep up

I havn't had an iem since i had some Bose back in like 2006. Then I had Apple Ipod Classic with them earbuds, before picking up some VModa lp2... then yeah went down headphone rabbit hole.

Anyway, I picked up a few IEMS (well it was a few, then a little bit more than a few). I don't know if any are basshead levels except maybe this JVC FRD80-Z (with CNT tech). Defo had to get the VE MONK, KZ ATE as cheapie test IEM/backups. Then this was a tough choice, but I looked at round the 50-100 level (since I am not an IEM guy at all) .. gr07, re400, s2, dunu titan 1/fiio ex1, 1 more triple driver .... tough choices ... i wanted gr07 (but so many iffy issues without recabling service from third party, and possibility of gr09 coming out in the future) and re400 qc issues , i settled on fiio ex1/philips s2, then saw a sony ex750 for fiddy bones so ,,, why not

but, really i got them so i can watch reviews and just to round out my audio knowledge (on ears, over ears, iems, ear bud), not to become hardcore IEM. As you can see i learned the model names from reviews and that headphone list where they compared like 300+ IEMS.  Kill some time changing tips, and really just have them for when headphone hot spots heal lol...

I will just be casually listening.
devil_face.gif

My basshead needs Over Ear. I'm also little paranoid of IEMs being loud from previous scares. I can take an over ear accidental max volume hit, but not IEM :p

Just preference really

Not sure how he has lord infamous featured as he passed away in 2013... RIP.. DJ Paul has the rights to all his stuff now I believe, is this album old?

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #9,303 of 12,991
OK fellow bassheads.  I got me a pair of rolls PM52 speaker level headphone tab.  One I swapped out the stock 100 ohm resistors for some way oversized Draloric 68 omhs resistors.  The ground trace looked kinda sad, so added some wire to it.  The switch also go some extra copper between the legs.  What a huge improvement in quality in sound and volume over stock.  The second one that I got states to have 150 ohms resistance.  I haven't opened it up yet, but it sound like a warm fart.  That too will get some upgrades.

So with this little device, you don't need a preamp per se.   The 5K pod that is supplied does a good job of turning down the volume.  

I could try 20 ohm resistors and a threeway switch on the second unit. So I can have straight amplifier output, 20 ohm and 40 ohms drop down resistors setup.  With the volume pot still working.  

I could of saved me some trouble by buying the Rolls PM57, but I got the PM52 for 13 dollars, whereas the PM57 would be 56 dollars.  

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #9,304 of 12,991

Not sure how he has lord infamous featured as he passed away in 2013... RIP.. DJ Paul has the rights to all his stuff now I believe, is this album old?

Says that specific one was '12 release. I dont know much about him, he was on some list of fastest rappers so i checked the albums out. Not all is palatable, but it grew on me a bit as you catch a couple good lines here and there, and some of the ft.'s are good. These type of albums take a few listens i guess lol. Too fast!

OK fellow bassheads.  I got me a pair of rolls PM52 speaker level headphone tab.  One I swapped out the stock 100 ohm resistors for some way oversized Draloric 68 omhs resistors.  The ground trace looked kinda sad, so added some wire to it.  The switch also go some extra copper between the legs.  What a huge improvement in quality in sound and volume over stock.  The second one that I got states to have 150 ohms resistance.  I haven't opened it up yet, but it sound like a warm fart.  That too will get some upgrades.

So with this little device, you don't need a preamp per se.   The 5K pod that is supplied does a good job of turning down the volume.  

I could try 20 ohm resistors and a threeway switch on the second unit. So I can have straight amplifier output, 20 ohm and 40 ohms drop down resistors setup.  With the volume pot still working.  

I could of saved me some trouble by buying the Rolls PM57, but I got the PM52 for 13 dollars, whereas the PM57 would be 56 dollars.  

Looks like danger with the skull and bones

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #9,305 of 12,991
  Says that specific one was '12 release. I dont know much about him, he was on some list of fastest rappers so i checked the albums out. Not all is palatable, but it grew on me a bit as you catch a couple good lines here and there, and some of the ft.'s are good. These type of albums take a few listens i guess lol. Too fast!

ahh ok, makes much more sense than. I am a huge pre-label twista fan before he went mainstream.

Twista: He is best known for his chopper style of rapping and for once holding the title of fastest rapper in the world according to Guinness World Records in 1992, being able to pronounce 598 syllables in 55 seconds.

Ill have to check the guy out and see whats up.. was big in getting everything underground back then and I listen to every artist he featured.. not sure how I don't know who he is. Thanks for pointing it out!

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #9,306 of 12,991

I didn't realize G.I.S.M. designed a headphone tap? 
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of building something almost just like this to get a balanced output from speaker taps on the ultra cheap. I was thinking about putting it in another box and put a 2.5mm on it instead of 2x stereo out?

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #9,307 of 12,991
  I didn't realize G.I.S.M. designed a headphone tap? 
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of building something almost just like this to get a balanced output from speaker taps on the ultra cheap. I was thinking about putting it in another box and put a 2.5mm on it instead of 2x stereo out?

Why 2.5mm?  To be compatible with portable daps and amps?

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #9,311 of 12,991
  I hope you didnt think i was throwing any shade your way? If it came across that way I did not mean it 
frown.gif

Rather i  just wanted to make something basic so i can at least use 2.5 stuff i have without putting it through an unbalanced adapter cause thats pointless.

Nah man.  I forgot I told you on the deal I got on the PB2.  

I'm not a fan of the 2.5mm TRRS.  Too delicate for me, when my kids use my headphones.  Kids are kids, and I have replaced quite a few connectors already on their headphones.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #9,312 of 12,991
Take the bass everywhere

Got this today never heard the jbl you had and i liked my smaller angle...

It slams. The main complaint on amazon: lowest volume is too loud still! So i thought it might be a winner

Sure enough i give it the same ol -14 pre gain eq with fat sub boost... Oh BOY does it rumble hard but stay clear... Super loud

Hope to compare head to head with the jbl you have

edit: its the angle 3xl. also i always wanted the jvc kaboom you have but ones on ebay are always trashed

Stay tuned, tomorrow during the daytime i will take it outside crank the vol to max.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #9,313 of 12,991
  ahh ok, makes much more sense than. I am a huge pre-label twista fan before he went mainstream.

Twista: He is best known for his chopper style of rapping and for once holding the title of fastest rapper in the world according to Guinness World Records in 1992, being able to pronounce 598 syllables in 55 seconds.

Ill have to check the guy out and see whats up.. was big in getting everything underground back then and I listen to every artist he featured.. not sure how I don't know who he is. Thanks for pointing it out!

Some of these supersonic speed spitters are really going beyond the point of intelligible. So Twista/Busta/Tech9 types are always King of the Hill in that chopper style. But I also enjoy trying to make sense of the faster ones, but i wouldn't say they are better because the clarity is poor. But they are artists expressing themselves, and thats cool, b/c this artform is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than this new crap which makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Also the beats are fast as hell, and its good background music while reading. I used to study with chopper style (or machine gun as i like to call it) while reading as it seemed to accelerate brain power
devil_face.gif
. And agree with Twista old stuff > some of his newer stuff, but he needs to keep that hustle alive so ... $$$ ... but he still has some good lines here and there.

Hope things speed up again down the road, and this phase of new hip hop ceases soon.

devil_face.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #9,314 of 12,991
Hi. What would be good bass head headphones to use out and about for under £300. I will be using them at work so it's important others can't hear my music and I can hear vaguely whats going on around me. I love the idea of SZ2000 but I'm guessing they are too bulky

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #9,315 of 12,991
Hi. What would be good bass head headphones to use out and about for under £300. I will be using them at work so it's important others can't hear my music and I can hear vaguely whats going on around me. I love the idea of SZ2000 but I'm guessing they are too bulky

This is where I will recommend the V-Moda M-100 as you will be able to hear and at moderate volumes to sound leak will not be terrible.. I mean its not very easy to go full basshead without volume to the extent sound leak is assured.

The comfort however is hit or miss, with the XL pads I wear mine at work at least 3-4 hours then come home and game with them for at least 3-4 hours so up to 8 hours a day and I don't experience any issues.. Others do though. 

They are not very bulky and when inside the included hardshell case, they compact very small, even smaller than some on-ear headphones.

For these cans I do recommend you get from a source you get a return period in the case comfort or anything else is an issue for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back