The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Mar 30, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #9,286 of 12,992

Quote:
  My 8 year old got her hands on the SZ2000 today.  I'm so proud and wiped a tear away.

I'm getting misty eyed

Epic pic. That's the kind of stuff that folks put on pininterest.

I did a theme for FiiO X5 called Amo' la Musica. I woulda used this in black and white with a vignette around it. 

She will get older and you will wanna shoot boys that come to date her. Keep this pic. Good stuff bro.
The pic needs a tile,  DISCOVERY is a good one.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a Yamaha Rx-v581. Does anyone know if it is possible to use my receiver as a dac for my laptop until i can get a dedicated dac?

​ I have run several creative soundblasters into the back of a unit with same inputs using 3.5mm>>dual RCA or optical.

Not sure how that would work with an onboard soundchip like on a lappy? I am sure you could run a 3.5 to rca. It's a "L" "R" signal going out and into a device (your Yammy) that can accept it and put it out into many configs depending on how many line level outputs from the yammy you use

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #9,287 of 12,992
I have a Yamaha Rx-v581. Does anyone know if it is possible to use my receiver as a dac for my laptop until i can get a dedicated dac?

A vast majority of laptops in the last 5+ years have S/PDIF out combined with the 3.5mm headphone jack. You just need a cable like THIS ONE to get digital audio to your Optical input on your Yamaha receiver. Let us know how it works out for you.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #9,289 of 12,992

I'm getting misty eyed

Epic pic. That's the kind of stuff that folks put on pininterest.

I did a theme for FiiO X5 called Amo' la Musica. I woulda used this in black and white with a vignette around it. 

She will get older and you will wanna shoot boys that come to date her. Keep this pic. Good stuff bro.
The pic needs a tile,  DISCOVERY is a good one.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the pic in my facebook album.  She has always loved music and singing.  

SZ1000 with a Minidisc

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #9,290 of 12,992
  My 8 year old got her hands on the SZ2000 today.  I'm so proud and wiped a tear away.

Dang your girl is gonna be mastering tracks (or writing tracks of her own?) in no time with gear like that around. Replace that rack of gear with some old NAD stacks and sony headphones and that'd be me at that age 
redface.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #9,291 of 12,992
  Dang your girl is gonna be mastering tracks (or writing tracks of her own?) in no time with gear like that around. Replace that rack of gear with some old NAD stacks and sony headphones and that'd be me at that age 
redface.gif

Man, I didn't have all the cool stuff when I was her age.  I only have one NAD2140 amplifier and love that old thing.

She already writes little songs, but she is still shy to sing them in front of anybody.  But anything else she will sing along too.  I'm about to build another smaller rack for her little dj mixer that she likes to mess with.  

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #9,292 of 12,992
Good! excellent to see you're getting her on the right track! Not that i would have doubted a dude who double buffers his amps.

Now you just need to give her two direct drive tables and tell her the pop quiz is beatmatching 
biggrin.gif
 Lemme know if you need spare scratch/beat loop vinyls so she can practice those transforms 
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #9,297 of 12,992

Dark Corner of Bass Voodoo:devil_face:

I saw the IEM basshead thread the other day,

but ...

no way I'm going down that path

devil_face.gif

Come to the dark side.

You might like it... (Devil emoji here)
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice tech9 gif. He's gonna be in the my area next month. Might have to go see him for the first time

Yes, come to the basshead IEM list, why not have the boom when you're on the move? I got the Phantom Master 4's right now with a couple more IEM's from Trinity on order. I love their tuning filters.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #9,299 of 12,992
Come to the dark side.

You might like it... (Devil emoji here)
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice tech9 gif. He's gonna be in the my area next month. Might have to go see him for the first time

Tech and the BrainSick crew, Twista, Bone Thugz... all great when need to hype the brain. There is this Crucified fella who is like.... well out there.... but he has some features on his CD that challenge the brain to keep up

Yes, come to the basshead IEM list, why not have the boom when you're on the move? I got the Phantom Master 4's right now with a couple more IEM's from Trinity on order. I love their tuning filters.

I havn't had an iem since i had some Bose back in like 2006. Then I had Apple Ipod Classic with them earbuds, before picking up some VModa lp2... then yeah went down headphone rabbit hole.

Anyway, I picked up a few IEMS (well it was a few, then a little bit more than a few). I don't know if any are basshead levels except maybe this JVC FRD80-Z (with CNT tech). Defo had to get the VE MONK, KZ ATE as cheapie test IEM/backups. Then this was a tough choice, but I looked at round the 50-100 level (since I am not an IEM guy at all) .. gr07, re400, s2, dunu titan 1/fiio ex1, 1 more triple driver .... tough choices ... i wanted gr07 (but so many iffy issues without recabling service from third party, and possibility of gr09 coming out in the future) and re400 qc issues , i settled on fiio ex1/philips s2, then saw a sony ex750 for fiddy bones so ,,, why not

but, really i got them so i can watch reviews and just to round out my audio knowledge (on ears, over ears, iems, ear bud), not to become hardcore IEM. As you can see i learned the model names from reviews and that headphone list where they compared like 300+ IEMS.  Kill some time changing tips, and really just have them for when headphone hot spots heal lol...

I will just be casually listening.
devil_face.gif

My basshead needs Over Ear. I'm also little paranoid of IEMs being loud from previous scares. I can take an over ear accidental max volume hit, but not IEM :p

Just preference really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back