The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 31, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #8,251 of 12,975
  So I read this twice and maybe I missed it.  Is the BASS top 10 level?

IF anything, it might squeeze into 10, but who cares about that anyway.

If one is a basshead, focus on top 5

But after HBB and/or Vapman tests them im sure everyone will have better idea.

Let's say someone offered me a m-100 or these, i'd probably take m100 wireless

Someone on here said it DOES hit like a top 10, please check previous posts.

With my equipment, it loses out to # 3 and #4 not surprisingly

I dont have any of the other cans, so I can't say, sorry.

I played this on sz/xb and UFO, and when that sub moves like crazy, the UFO didn't really pick up those super low subbass notes

I am rooting for it though
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #8,252 of 12,975
Yeah I was just curious because someone said it's top 10. I don't really care because I'm not going to buy a bluedio. I already have TH600 and TH-X00 and M100. Thinking about selling these so I can get the TH900.

Jan 2, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #8,254 of 12,975
Yeah I was just curious because someone said it's top 10. I don't really care because I'm not going to buy a bluedio. I already have TH600 and TH-X00 and M100. Thinking about selling these so I can get the TH900.

Happy New Year to you and all bassheads!

I am in need of 1 wireless bass thumping unit. If it makes Top 10 I'd be floored and pleased.

Jan 2, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #8,256 of 12,975
Bass in my opinion is up there with the top 10's I am just waiting on someone else to get these and confirm what I am saying you will be surprised by the bass on the headphones hopefully someone gets them try them wireless and then amp them with your guys setup and push them you will see what I am talking about, the headphones is on par with the ath pro700mk2 in the slam. the xb1000's are king for subbass and the sz2000/1000 are king for midbass and the bluedios are the king for wireless bass but can go the distance when amped on there own.

Jan 2, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #8,257 of 12,975
Also for anyone on a budget the razer kraken headphones are up there as well with there bass slam they do both really well midbass and subbass but there emphasis is on the subbass, honestly I think the list needs to get bigger as there are so many basshead headphones out there that suit different people's needs and wants and budgets. the krakens are very good.

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #8,260 of 12,975
  Bass in my opinion is up there with the top 10's I am just waiting on someone else to get these and confirm what I am saying you will be surprised by the bass on the headphones hopefully someone gets them try them wireless and then amp them with your guys setup and push them you will see what I am talking about, the headphones is on par with the ath pro700mk2 in the slam. the xb1000's are king for subbass and the sz2000/1000 are king for midbass and the bluedios are the king for wireless bass but can go the distance when amped on there own.

I'm not trying to disagree with you or any of that sorts. Please just take it as my experience with my gear.
I have been A/B/C xb1k/sz1k/UFO
The xb and sz can pick up those very low notes. I cannot say exactly how low, but i would imagine a few notes below 20hz as i can feel air from both with no sound (as those below 20hz is inaudible). The UFO struggles in this area, but with EQ, it can be noticable, but still falls short.
xb and sz probably are equal in their abilities, but the sz seems deeper and tighter, which i think because the xb is vented and semi-open, which makes it slightly cleaner when eq'ed and amped properly for soundstage/imaging/vocals. Please keep in mind the xb/sz are IMO not the best for music listening like something like a 770.80, which is just more accurate overall. They are not worlds apart, but you must keep in mind the purpose for the tools, and your music needs.
The UFO wired can be bassy , no doubt, and its growing on me, and impressive for wireless.
But, the sz is just too beastly  Its very hard to compare these three, but a track like this makes it very apparent

the xb/sz moves more air (inaudible) than UFO. In other bass tests where the notes are 20hz+, its closer in a sense of their abilities, but still noticeable.

The great thing about UFO is it seems to stay stable, so i hope someone can pair it with something beefy and find the magical eq settings. Also, one thing that concerns me is the earpad hole. ITS TINY! a 2 knuckle hole. I might try  other pads with larger hole so those tweeters and mid driver is not congested by pad, which i think is happening.

With some experimenting with pads (hm5/xb pads maybe, some other large hole pad) i think the drivers can breathe more and less interference and will make more air. Stock ear pads are terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

Its verrry bassy, i would imagine more than p7/p9 wireless, but sq i would imagine easily beat by B&W.

These do movies well. But I would imagine better with a pad change.

As great as some of the features are (12 drivers, metal construction,), please potential buyers keep in mind (poor designed headband, slight rattle, poor ear pads)
It might be a can to tinker with, but not one you want to dump coin into.

IMHO n YMMV yada yada yada
happy_face1.gif

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #8,261 of 12,975
HEY MODDERS

LISTEN UP

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GENUINE-Sony-parts-A1810667A-A-1810-667-A-Ear-Cushion-1-pcs-for-MDR-XB1000-/361841636129?hash=item543f713321:g:9MgAAOSwcUBYU-GN

These ORIGINAL Sony Pads are going for 14 US each so 28/pair

With 5 left there is only 2 pairs left

These are Original and RARE and 2 for $28 US + shipping is not going to come around often

I ordered 1, not realizing it was a single, so ordered another.

I have ordered xb pads from CHINA before, and they are slightly inferior. These are OEM and come with SOny rings which can be removed and used with some mod on any can really with thinking cap on.

2 Pairs left.

Hope someone on here gets them before they're gone! Might be useful for a basshead can.

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #8,262 of 12,975
  It seems like dynamic closed back are the best for bass. Anyone have any idea why?

This is IMMENSELY simplified but gets the point across..

In open backs the sound defined by the red arrows leaks out the back. This is good for soundstage and clarity but not for SPL

When the back is closed those sound waves have nowhere to go but back into your ear.

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #8,263 of 12,975
This is IMMENSELY simplified but gets the point across..

In open backs the sound defined by the red arrows leaks out the back. This is good for soundstage and clarity but not for SPL

When the back is closed those sound waves have nowhere to go but back into your ear.

Speaking of open backs...is the lcd 2.2 the only open back "hifi low end boy"? Curious about this class, but fear I'll be disappointed in anything that's not a "cannon".. th900 seems like the only basshead audiophile "endgame"...but I'm pretty curious about "distortionless" planar.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #8,264 of 12,975
Speaking of open backs...is the lcd 2.2 the only open back "hifi low end boy"? Curious about this class, but fear I'll be disappointed in anything that's not a "cannon".. th900 seems like the only basshead audiophile "endgame"...but I'm pretty curious about "distortionless" planar.

Never heard a LCD and I know some people who post here have them and can get them to do cool things, but they're still not cannons from what I've read. th900 might be your best bet for bassability AND all around otherwise audiophile needs. For me the SZ1k/2k combo suits all my needs to the point where I've found any other over ear I use lacking in one way or another. Not to say the SZ's don't have flaws, but their flaws are minor at worst to me. Anyway, you should try out the th900 but avoid the high end Denon (both HBB and I got them at the same time unbeknowst to each other and both got rid of them in under a week)

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #8,265 of 12,975

I have the lcd and I like them.  They will give you some the best distortionless bass out there, and it will get to the point where it will rattle your your skull.  But are they cannons?  No...  You just can't get that in a open back no matter what.  You need it to be closed so the energy and can bounce off those walls and hit your cranium.

IMO, the thx00 is still the best compromise of basshead and audiophile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back