The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #8,236 of 12,993

I don\t think for a second that this UFO can eat amp and so cannot pound as much as the SZ but a BT headphone that is rumored to belong on the top 10...I gotta try it and at worst I got a wireless overear with good bass so it fills a niche'

The guys who say OMG!!!! DAT BASS!!! on the review videos don't listen like we do here. Flossy needs a set of SZ2k with an iFi iDSD and some EQ and he will really lose his mind.

Flossy C without knowing it though came up with ....

which i thought was funny...

Also, some of the reviewers were knowledgeable on some other bassy cans, so I guess its still hype for now
What I ponder atm is how an amp will split its signal 12 ways to drivers of different impedences, because the subwoofer, mids, and tweeters are all different ohm ratings!

Also I do think they can take at least a little bit of power as the hifichip is 125mw,

but again.... only one way to find out...

I believe in UFOs
happy_face1.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #8,237 of 12,993
I found out after ordering sheeepskin hm5 for sz1k that its thinner than stock hm5 :/ so im a tad concerned

anyone have these? They come in angled/ regular with memory foam.

Don't want to get another hm5/hybrid etc

No alpha pads/zmf cowhide?

was gonna try xb1k pads on these, but i only got one from Japan :frowning2: , so need to order another, and wait a month, or take off mine, but its a pain to get off/on

thx

happy_face1.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #8,238 of 12,993
Looks like crazy thin wires on the inside of the Bluedio. I saw a couple comments on amazon about questionable build quality and I won't be one bit surprised if all the hair- thin wires connecting all 12 drivers up is to blame for that! Well, if mine ever dies after warranty, I'll take the opportunity to re-wire the whole damn thing. But, I should wait to get it before I plan on how I'm gonna repair it post warranty coverage 
wink.gif

What I'm most afraid of is if the multi driver config does not always work out for the better.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #8,239 of 12,993
  Looks like crazy thin wires on the inside of the Bluedio. I saw a couple comments on amazon about questionable build quality and I won't be one bit surprised if all the hair- thin wires connecting all 12 drivers up is to blame for that! Well, if mine ever dies after warranty, I'll take the opportunity to re-wire the whole damn thing. But, I should wait to get it before I plan on how I'm gonna repair it post warranty coverage 
wink.gif

What I'm most afraid of is if the multi driver config does not always work out for the better.

Dont' scare me mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I'm expecting UFO to land here very sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

with 12 aliens on board.

I think at the end of the day, its just about curiosity to hear what 12 drivers can do. I dont think this will take any higher fidelity cans place, but one neverknows.

Also in regard to build quality, i think recall some CHINA rattle comments. But in other reviews its because the cups rotate in all directions and slap the metal headband, but its not issue when on head.

Too bad this wasn't 2x55mm, 2x40mm, 8x30mm, or you could've filled them with JVC parts from s400/s500, sz :p

I wonder if these do die, whether 20mm drivers can be sourced... but yeah its a bit early to plan for its death and resurrection
happy_face1.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #8,240 of 12,993
The thing that excites me is that China has emerged as a flipping pioneer in a game that Japan and Korea have seemingly dominated. Its nice to see some innovation. I am waiting on reviews from you guys as I personally find Bluetooth headphones completely awful in every way for music. The low end sounds terrible and bloaty to me on all pairs tested/ owned.

Despite no paper test showing that these cans are bass dope, I'm excited to hear what you guys have to say.

I just hope that there is no anal probing with these UFO's

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #8,243 of 12,993
  Paper test is not possible with BT phones, even UFOs. You need significantly more than 125 mW to start  to move the paper...(IMHO).

Well, we can hope. I'm arguing with Bluedio's store on Amazon to get a white set cause only the black ones are on Prime. anyway, i'll order either color today or tomorrow and do a paper test plugged into an amp as soon as I get them.

I will be really really sad if they fail a paper test because I have never done one that worked yet. (SZ2k with E5 a failure, SZ2k with bMac a failure, HD562 with anything a failure, forgot to do one with the Parasound before it died)

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #8,245 of 12,993
They will have the white ufo plus in stock and on prime next week. I'm waiting for those

Reviews on other Bluedio with white on it like pads and headband, say they get dirty quick, so consider that as well. I mean if you dont care about that when on the go, all the power to you. I superglued a shure 440 cup back on and rocked it on the subway.

I would advise anyone to wait for HBB's review on this 12 driver UFO. And vapman. I'm a small fish.

Firstly, "PREMIUM" ... nah .. maybe compared to beats low end. Just NAhhhhh... straight up to the point if you need a bluetooth with bass and got 99 bucks yeah go for it. It's got some slam. Top 10? I'm a small fish, wait for HBB. I hooked it up to an xtrempro x1 (basically a rebranded dragonfly black) and it was "OK" (relative to sz1k and xb1k). Its not touching those thats for sure. I can already tell, but it does have some slam. Its not a HQ slam. Its tight and deep, but "off"

Not a fan of earpads, its like one of them on-ear "over ear". Took me a while to get them to be right. Its kinda like my brother's Marley Liberate XL

These are initial impressions and i have listened to them for a few hours to female vocalists like Jewel, Linda Perry, SIA, groups like Arctic Monkeys, then realizing these cannot do those well switched it up to hip hop real quick and went though some Twisted Insane, Lil Boosie, C-BO, Pac, Twista, PIMP C, Bunch of that ATL, Southern Club stuff that was popular in 2000s both wired and bluetooth, and they're not on level with sz1k as expected. Keeping in mind sz1k is like 99 US on ebay, better to score a 2nd pair of those. You won't miss anything with these that's for sure.
12 drivers yes, but beat easily by dual driver sz, and easily by xb1k. To me, small fish, despite being called shamuuu
tongue.gif

For a bluetooth, its pretty impressive as i would never have thought i would get a bluetooth ever, but its nice having no wires, and has enough bass for a basshead. An Extreme Basshead?? Dunno, wait for HBB n Vapman
biggrin.gif

Something tells me these wont burn in like the CNT on the JVC. The s500/sz1k did blossom after some 100+ hours. These dont seem like top notch drivers. They sync somewhat better than expected, with minimal bleeding. Though sound more confused than sz. Sz is much cleaner to my ears.

Will this make it into top 10? Firstly I see m100 as number 10, but i am confident in that Lp2 was the bassier one, and having that for 3-4 years, I'm not sure this will beat that maxxed out. Might be close.

Anyway, <100 US, and curious about this pro plus 12 driver stuff, yeah go for it.
Want better SQ and 12 drivers, seems Victory is that with more suitable professional look for public.
And, word is the 70mm Vinyl Plus is more SQ than Victory

so "SQ" : Vinyl 70mm > Victory >UFO
BASS: UFO>Victory>Vinyl Plus

Take ^ with a grain of salt, these are initial impressions just to make save some from an impulse buy. This is like a mid-fi crisis when funds dont allow for dream flagship, in my case Z1R :p
Think Twice. Not sure about these or 2nd pair of sz1k as backup. Get backup or the collection of sz1k/2k

My 2c ... for now

On a positive note : Sheepskins Hm5 on sz1k are Awesome! Highly Recommend. Comfort ++ I dont think sound changed much, but my ears have had too much action today. I'll say it didn't butcher the sound.

happy_face1.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #8,246 of 12,993

I see m100 as number 10, but i am confident in that Lp2 was the bassier one

Does the LP2 really have more bass than the M-100, or does the M-100 just have more high-end treble than the LP2?

I heard a pair of regular LPs awhile back, and the main difference I noticed versus my M-100s was a lack of high-end treble. The M-100 may also have been able to put out deeper bass than the LP as well.

What were your impressions of the LP2, versus the M-100?

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #8,247 of 12,993

Does the LP2 really have more bass than the M-100, or does the M-100 just have more high-end treble than the LP2?

I heard a pair of regular LPs awhile back, and the main difference I noticed versus my M-100s was a lack of high-end treble. The M-100 may also have been able to put out deeper bass than the LP as well.

What were your impressions of the LP2, versus the M-100?

I enjoyed the lp2 as a portable, and they served me well for the time I had them. I never heard the m-100 but they were on my mind when my lp2 were aging as you can imagine, because of their similarity, i considered them and did my research. but at the end i passed on them to try other brands. But its evident across the board the m-100 overall is a better sq can.

But in terms of bass when i was researching lp2, it was mentioned in reviews that the m-100 was more refined and less bassy than lp2. The lp2 was bass oriented, and it could take over, which would take away from mids, highs; unlike the more balanced m100

Lp2 was a tuned LP, and the m-100 is much more refined can. Great portable.

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #8,248 of 12,993
Quote:
Also plugged in it should be able to take some beef.

Plugged in? Plugged in - damn, I forgot to check that - and **** it slams!
basshead.gif
dt880smile.png

Note that I had some more time to listen and compare my new R+. This one has serious problems in linearity. To fix that:

- Reduce upper bass at 200 Hz by 7 dB

- Raise mids around 500 Hz by 8 dB (this is the only phone where I ever had to do that!)

- Reduce peaky presence (headset syndrome) at 4 kHz by 6 dB

- Raise the missing upper treble, 7 kHz shelf with +6 dB, to remove the cottonballs from your ears

With this (my personal) EQ applied the sound is not perfect but much much better than stock - and it rumbles even with Bluetooth
atsmile.gif

I would be astonished when the UFO sounds significantly better, though.

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #8,249 of 12,993
  Quote:

Plugged in? Plugged in - damn, I forgot to check that - and **** it slams!
basshead.gif
dt880smile.png

Note that I had some more time to listen and compare my new R+. This one has serious problems in linearity. To fix that:

- Reduce upper bass at 200 Hz by 7 dB

- Raise mids around 500 Hz by 8 dB (this is the only phone where I ever had to do that!)

- Reduce peaky presence (headset syndrome) at 4 kHz by 6 dB

- Raise the missing upper treble, 7 kHz shelf with +6 dB, to remove the cottonballs from your ears

With this (my personal) EQ applied the sound is not perfect but much much better than stock - and it rumbles even with Bluetooth
atsmile.gif

I would be astonished when the UFO sounds significantly better, though.

I fell asleep with these things, and well they stayed on my head which was good. My ears didn't hurt that much, but little bothersome. The clamp feels more than sz1k with hm5 sheepskins, but similar to sz1k with stock pads.

The headband is breaking in a bit, but is very poorly designed. Its ugly as hell, and this heavy headset rests on one spot! This was mentioned in some reviews, so i knew what I was in for. Bass for me was priority. The ones who compared both Victory and UFO recommended Victory, because 1) it rattles less (slider remote vs button), and more contoured to head headband.

I tried Eq''ing, but its very evident Eq'ing is more complex with all these drivers, and i will probably need to spend some time. But I tinkered enough to know, this will never be even close to SQ as a 770.80 (in its price range), and is not engineered as good (headband, ear pads, lack squeeks etc) When you move your head quickly you can hear button like rattle a bit, which doesn't bother me lay down on bed or just browsing on pc. But its there. This apparently not present on Victory Pro

You might think I hate this thing. Well, I don't, b/c i think all in all it was like 109US on Boxing day. No way on God's green Earth, would i pay or recommend anyone pay near their MSRP.
You have been warned
happy_face1.gif

A couple cool things, is that when a song ends, it kills that bluetooth sound, so it becomes silent. OFC bluetooth and ANC makes a little more noise than wired, but bluedio hides this well by shutting it off when song ends. But you can catch it if paying attention. Just a side note, for those who might lose their minds with it. Its not bad. Between songs in an album if there is a pause, you can catch it time to time, but its not bad like those in the past. So Bluedio did good job there!

When you charge this thing in dark (red ring light) and it finishes it starts *FLASHING* red/blue and you think a UFO really did land in your room, so that was cool
biggrin.gif

I will be keeping this as I need a bluetooth and like the convenience when lay down with no wires. Its powerful and LOUD enough with that hifi chip, but only HBB can work his magic to see if it makes paper move. I will try to push this a little more today, but my equipment isn't as powerful (up to 500mw) portable and desktop.

Hope this helps anyone who has been following this UFO stuff

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #8,250 of 12,993

I fell asleep with these things, and well they stayed on my head which was good. My ears didn't hurt that much, but little bothersome. The clamp feels more than sz1k with hm5 sheepskins, but similar to sz1k with stock pads.

The headband is breaking in a bit, but is very poorly designed. Its ugly as hell, and this heavy headset rests on one spot! This was mentioned in some reviews, so i knew what I was in for. Bass for me was priority. The ones who compared both Victory and UFO recommended Victory, because 1) it rattles less (slider remote vs button), and more contoured to head headband.

I tried Eq''ing, but its very evident Eq'ing is more complex with all these drivers, and i will probably need to spend some time. But I tinkered enough to know, this will never be even close to SQ as a 770.80 (in its price range), and is not engineered as good (headband, ear pads, lack squeeks etc) When you move your head quickly you can hear button like rattle a bit, which doesn't bother me lay down on bed or just browsing on pc. But its there. This apparently not present on Victory Pro

You might think I hate this thing. Well, I don't, b/c i think all in all it was like 109US on Boxing day. No way on God's green Earth, would i pay or recommend anyone pay near their MSRP.
You have been warned
happy_face1.gif

A couple cool things, is that when a song ends, it kills that bluetooth sound, so it becomes silent. OFC bluetooth and ANC makes a little more noise than wired, but bluedio hides this well by shutting it off when song ends. But you can catch it if paying attention. Just a side note, for those who might lose their minds with it. Its not bad. Between songs in an album if there is a pause, you can catch it time to time, but its not bad like those in the past. So Bluedio did good job there!

When you charge this thing in dark (red ring light) and it finishes it starts *FLASHING* red/blue and you think a UFO really did land in your room, so that was cool
biggrin.gif

I will be keeping this as I need a bluetooth and like the convenience when lay down with no wires. Its powerful and LOUD enough with that hifi chip, but only HBB can work his magic to see if it makes paper move. I will try to push this a little more today, but my equipment isn't as powerful (up to 500mw) portable and desktop.

Hope this helps anyone who has been following this UFO stuff

So I read this twice and maybe I missed it.  Is the BASS top 10 level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back