The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 3, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #8,266 of 12,993

6 drivers in there... yup.

Back of UFO pads. 2 of the clips pop off easily, need to find them first, then it seems to twist a little then pop off. It was not so easy, and i just kinda yanked it off taking risk, it worked.

see how small opening is compared to hm5/xb1k pads

xb pads allows drivers to breathe more as i expected, see it to believe it

Hm5 pads have a hole that has also enough room for drivers to breathe. More distance from drivers seems to impact soundstage a bit, but i dont think its all that accurate to begin with! But there is change, and more airy lowend. Don't expect miracles though! It will still get slayed by szs. But comfort. yessir

There it is UFO with hm5. It fits over the cup, but sits fine with adjustment.

I think the plastic rings can be removed, superglued to xb pads, and reattached, but im waiting for pads to arrive from ASIA. I am thinking i might like xb pads for even more comfort. They are just too marshmellowy.

One other change i think happened is they seem LOUDER. These cans are very very very loud. Some guy on youtube called them Seattle Seahawks Loud, and they are with all the drivers not being interfered with.

I watched Straight outta Compton, and the performed well. For music, well they;re still beaten easily. But they're not bad. But they're not great. But since its a bluetooth, it gets a pass. Dont dish more than a buck fifty on these!

happy_face1.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #8,267 of 12,993
No way this makes top 10.
I might mod mine with aluminum tape which made the 77x slam ruthless so we shall see but in BT mode?

That guy with tattoo on hands...bootsy? flossy? whatever and the others saying this thing was wow level on YT are not bassheads and need a SZ amped to learn what OMG bass levels are.

Ladies and gentlemen until someone posts a paper test don't believe em. I know that but I needed a BT set but beats with some NC woulda been better.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #8,268 of 12,993
I might mod mine with aluminum tape which made the 77x slam ruthless so we shall see but in BT mode?

That guy with tattoo on hands...bootsy? flossy? whatever and the others saying this thing was wow level on YT are not bassheads and need a SZ amped to learn what OMG bass levels are.

Ladies and gentlemen until someone posts a paper test don't believe em. I know that but I needed a BT set but beats with some NC woulda been better.

I kinda had the feeling that those screaming TOP 10 was just hype. Hey Chris at least you got a Bluetooth but maybe the Beats would've been better.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #8,269 of 12,993

What.....

how is the guy thats been here, made videos, and own other  bombers not know this......  i saw some of the vids on youtube but didn't believe a word they said, but someone from here?....  The guy had stake in the company, had some shares, company puppet?    don't know.....  Sorry about that homie.  Might have fell into the trap too if it wasn't for my HU in my car going out and me deciding to get a new one before purchasing another set of headphones.

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #8,271 of 12,993
  Never heard a LCD and I know some people who post here have them and can get them to do cool things, but they're still not cannons from what I've read. th900 might be your best bet for bassability AND all around otherwise audiophile needs. For me the SZ1k/2k combo suits all my needs to the point where I've found any other over ear I use lacking in one way or another. Not to say the SZ's don't have flaws, but their flaws are minor at worst to me. Anyway, you should try out the th900 but avoid the high end Denon (both HBB and I got them at the same time unbeknowst to each other and both got rid of them in under a week)

Right on, thanks for the inputs there.  I doubt I'll ever step out of basshead territory but ya never know.  TH900 seems like the real deal for my personal temporary endgame.  My big hope there is that it delivers massive bass from all directions given the big soundstage...but I don't really know how the drivers work with respect to this.  That guy from Z reviews said the bass kinda comes up from behind you and swarms over the top which sounds pretty rad.

It'll be a couple weeks or months before I get them, but I will get them!  Maybe an iCAN Pro down the road too.  That seems to be ultimate audiophile basshead setup as far as I know.  +12 dB minimum boost from 40 Hz below + EQ should make me pretty happy.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #8,272 of 12,993

I have the lcd and I like them.  They will give you some the best distortionless bass out there, and it will get to the point where it will rattle your your skull.  But are they cannons?  No...  You just can't get that in a open back no matter what.  You need it to be closed so the energy and can bounce off those walls and hit your cranium.

IMO, the thx00 is still the best compromise of basshead and audiophile.

That's good to know, and what I figured.  Maybe I'll rent one some day.  But yeah, the THX00 is really awesome and will always be a keeper in the meanwhile.  Couldn't be happier with it, but it's definitely given me bug to see what else is out there.  Thanks again!

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #8,274 of 12,993

LOL bootsy,

Are you going to put other pads on them?

On a + note i enjoyed Peruvian Psychedelic on this. Don't ask me why.

so i guess these will be movie/Peruvian Psychedelic cans
happy_face1.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #8,275 of 12,993

Right on, thanks for the inputs there.  I doubt I'll ever step out of basshead territory but ya never know.  TH900 seems like the real deal for my personal temporary endgame.  My big hope there is that it delivers massive bass from all directions given the big soundstage...but I don't really know how the drivers work with respect to this.  That guy from Z reviews said the bass kinda comes up from behind you and swarms over the top which sounds pretty rad.

It'll be a couple weeks or months before I get them, but I will get them!  Maybe an iCAN Pro down the road too.  That seems to be ultimate audiophile basshead setup as far as I know.  +12 dB minimum boost from 40 Hz below + EQ should make me pretty happy.

Perhaps if you can save up more and maybe acquire the new Sony King. If you check their forums, seems the th900 is no longer hifi bass king. The way its described, you would almost think Z1R might crack the list if th900 is on it.

If any basshead gets them and tests them that would be awesome.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #8,276 of 12,993
  ati the guy who brought them up has been here since the start of the thread so i took a chance.
No biggie.
They might slam and if so i will do a vid. i will do one regardless.

ati and cb3723 speak gospel to me so maybe ati was double amping again?

Thats what I was getting at.  Hes been here since the beginning so he would know what is a cannon and what is not.

I hope he comes back and sheds some light on what he did because that's two people saying they are not top 10 material

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #8,277 of 12,993
Perhaps if you can save up more and maybe acquire the new Sony King. If you check their forums, seems the th900 is no longer hifi bass king. The way its described, you would almost think Z1R might crack the list if th900 is on it.

If any basshead gets them and tests them that would be awesome.

Yeah, it's definitely intriguing! 70 mm drivers don't necessarily mean big bass though, a la the mdr z7. My best guess tells me it'll fall into the high fi low end boys category, but I'd be stoked to see it make top ten...my girlfriend...not so much haha. I'll just tell her we can buy a house after I get all my audio gear sorted. :wink: I'd consider renting one and testing, but then again, I'd be terrified of blowing it up.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #8,278 of 12,993
Yeah, it's definitely intriguing! 70 mm drivers don't necessarily mean big bass though, a la the mdr z7. My best guess tells me it'll fall into the high fi low end boys category, but I'd be stoked to see it make top ten...my girlfriend...not so much haha. I'll just tell her we can buy a house after I get all my audio gear sorted.
wink.gif
I'd consider renting one and testing, but then again, I'd be terrified of blowing it up.

Yea afraid to blow up cans , but not priceless eardrums lol. As for 70mm, i think they were not refined enough with their first and second try,; though both have seemed to been improved with mods,  but from what i'm reading it seems they got it right on third shot and its far superior to the xb/z7. Third time's a charm. It looks deadly gorgeous, and making some of them hardcore audiophiles admit they love bass.

Some claiming they can feel the bass in the chest. Look at the thread. This is not audiophile bass they're speaking of, but BASS BASS. If it beats a th900, then surely it would make the list no?

... let the speculation begin ... my piggy bank falls short

happy_face1.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #8,279 of 12,993
Yeah I was just curious because someone said it's top 10. I don't really care because I'm not going to buy a bluedio. I already have TH600 and TH-X00 and M100. Thinking about selling these so I can get the TH900.

Don't do it. I have all those, you are only getting a little better from the thx00 to the th900.

what you will get is a little more clarity maybe 15 to 20 % more, a lot more sound stage, sub bass. You will loose the mids of thx00, th900s is not as balance sounding as thx00.

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it. :D:D:D:D

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #8,280 of 12,993
Don't do it. I have all those, you are only getting a little better from the thx00 to the th900.

what you will get is a little more clarity maybe 15 to 20 % more, a lot more sound stage, sub bass. You will loose the mids of thx00, th900s is not as balance sounding as thx00.

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it.
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D

Don't forget that Japanese soul brutha

b/c those artisans fees probably not cheap lol

Passed down generation after generation, and not in CHINA factory

I'd be happy with any of the woodies thx00, 610, d7k, d5k, E-Mu, Lawton, but the th900 has the most soul, can't deny that!

biggrin.gif

but with that sony out, man tough decisions tough decisions for many hungry for them red cups

also its #2 here, and i dont see any of the other woodies on it so... whats up with that? :p The bass at least must be more than a "little better"
tongue.gif
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back