The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #8,221 of 12,975

The bass bomber version is not sold in Japan. Maybe gonna work something out with a friend to get one. Blue tooth and good bass...top 10 maybe? Gotta have it

What's mind boggling is that it sounds best as a bluetooth, which goes against logic right? The purists saying wired directly is better. So I was confused for last few days thinking about it.

I tried to dig into this as much as I could but there is no clear answer. What "I THINK" is happening is that hifi chip only kicks in when the bluetooth mode is on, which IIRC (remember and read) is that it provides 125mw or something, so this is for UFO PRO PLUS, .

I'm thinking maybe when wired the hifi chip providing the juice gets turned off. B/C well it has to be charged the battery to provide that juice.
The reviewers didn't make it clear or i just kinda got lost watching too many UFO reviews
biggrin.gif

So, this is not fact per se, but if that power is not available when wired directly, then maybe, maaaaybe it can be paired with an amp. So I would think there is some potential maaaybe. Otherwise i guess worst situation it is "double amped"

From what i gather the sound signature isn't going to satisfy most on this forum (surprise surprise) but should be good for bassheads
But again only one way to find out

evil_smiley.gif
...tbc

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #8,222 of 12,975
yes those are the ones they are called ufo plus.

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #8,223 of 12,975
No HBB wrong set those are the victory you want the ufo plus ones.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #8,225 of 12,975
Yes it can I use mine with my amplifier and it pushes out as much power as you need as the internal amp when it is wired no longer works, it is only used when you use bluetooth and is why they still slam hard while being wireless as it has a built in amplifier.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #8,228 of 12,975
Yeah those are the ones let me know what you think you will be shocked how good these are for bass in bluetooth mode.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #8,234 of 12,975
Just got me a Bluedio R+ Revolution, Legend. That's the older version now selling for a ridiculous 42 €. It also has a sub and 3 tweeters, and should be quite similar to the UFO (not sure about the Plus, though). I chose it because it is cheaper and more light weight, which is good for travelling.

For a bluetooth headphone, the basic sound as well as highest volume and volume of bass is indeed impressive. I never experienced a BT phone like that before.

But comparing it to the SZ2000 it has no chance. The R+ looses sound pressure below 25 Hz, while the SZ easily goes down to 15. In some modern productions the lowest bass note played is 16 Hz, and that one is lost in the R+, but present in the SZ2000. Trying to raise sub-bass to compensate that will make the internal amps start to distort. It is on the edge of slamming, but in the end can't do it. Even in the treble area the SZ2000 wins hands down. That might be a bluetooth problem, but the R+ stops at 10 kHz, everything higher just produces aliasing products. The SZ2000 easily goes up straight to 14 kHz.

The R+ is still a nice phone as its multi-driver concept prevents intermodulation distortion of mids. And it raises the volume (and bass level) when listening to an iPhone to astonishing levels.

Now I am curious if the Plus really is delivering so much more.

Update: Using the R+ with a cable gives a slightly better sound (for 42€ an unbelievably good sound!) and that the 10 kHz limit indeed was caused by bluetooth. Sub-bass is unchanged. I will keep these, they are really nice ones.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #8,235 of 12,975
  Just got me a Bluedio R+ Revolution, Legend. That's the older version now selling for a ridiculous 42 €. It also has a sub and 3 tweeters, and should be quite similar to the UFO (not sure about the Plus, though). I chose it because it is cheaper and more light weight, which is good for travelling.

For a bluetooth headphone, the basic sound as well as highest volume and volume of bass is indeed impressive. I never experienced a BT phone like that before.

But comparing it to the SZ2000 it has no chance. The R+ looses sound pressure below 25 Hz, while the SZ easily goes down to 15. In some modern productions the lowest bass note played is 16 Hz, and that one is lost in the R+, but present in the SZ2000. Trying to raise sub-bass to compensate that will make the internal amps start to distort. It is on the edge of slamming, but in the end can't do it. Even in the treble area the SZ2000 wins hands down. That might be a bluetooth problem, but the R+ stops at 10 kHz, everything higher just produces aliasing products. The SZ2000 easily goes up straight to 14 kHz.

The R+ is still a nice phone as its multi-driver concept prevents intermodulation distortion of mids. And it raises the volume (and bass level) when listening to an iPhone to astonishing levels.

Now I am curious if the Plus really is delivering so much more.

Update: Using the R+ with a cable gives a slightly better sound (for 42€ an unbelievably good sound!) and that the 10 kHz limit indeed was caused by bluetooth. Sub-bass is unchanged. I will keep these, they are really nice ones.

I don\t think for a second that this UFO can eat amp and so cannot pound as much as the SZ but a BT headphone that is rumored to belong on the top 10...I gotta try it and at worst I got a wireless overear with good bass so it fills a niche'

The guys who say OMG!!!! DAT BASS!!! on the review videos don't listen like we do here. Flossy needs a set of SZ2k with an iFi iDSD and some EQ and he will really lose his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back