The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 10, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #7,967 of 12,992
Best basshead motherboard? 

I bought a Gigabyte Z97 UDH3 not too long ago, and while the onboard audio sounds like crap, even though it is technically amped, the equalizer is pretty sweet.  I have the 31 Hz slider cranked all the way up, and it sounds awesome using the optical out, but it does not slam as hard as other equalizers I've used. 

So I'm just curious, any of you basshead computer nerds have a personal favorite motherboard with really good built in EQ software?

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #7,968 of 12,992
  Best basshead motherboard? 

So I'm just curious, any of you basshead computer nerds have a personal favorite motherboard with really good built in EQ software?

The software you refer to is made by the different audio chipset manafacturers.... so what motherboard you have doesn't matter, it's what brand the audio chipset is. VIA used to have a great one in the Athlon XP days.

The best basshead motherboard? Any that has built in digital audio out, so you can easily connect to an external DAC~

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #7,969 of 12,992
Recently I bought the Takstar Pro 80 ( well the kingston hyperx cloud,l but they are the same.) While build and quality seemed good i wasnt so happy with the sound, too little bass and too sharp highs for my taste.

So now, Im looking for a pair of sturdy, comfortable cans under 100$ for home use, with some nice bass, would like them to last abit and a detachable cable would be nice tho not a requirement.

I do not require audiophile sound quailty tho some mid and treble would be nice. I do some amateur traktor and ableton stuff with them also. 

Ive mostly been looking at the AKG K182 but the hinges seem really flimsy.

Are any other headphones reccomended in these price range for some nice bass?

I can amp them, but would prefer not to all the time, and, if something like a BD dt770/sony mdr1a is just alot better i might be willing to spend some more.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #7,970 of 12,992
  Recently I bought the Takstar Pro 80 ( well the kingston hyperx cloud,l but they are the same.) While build and quality seemed good i wasnt so happy with the sound, too little bass and too sharp highs for my taste.

So now, Im looking for a pair of sturdy, comfortable cans under 100$ for home use, with some nice bass, would like them to last abit and a detachable cable would be nice tho not a requirement.

I do not require audiophile sound quailty tho some mid and treble would be nice. I do some amateur traktor and ableton stuff with them also. 

I can amp them, but would prefer not to all the time, and, if something like a BD dt770/sony mdr1a is just alot better i might be willing to spend some more.

JESUS LAWD its hard enough to keep up with the models let alone all these alias/clones. But also same time nice to learn of. Anyway I was excited about the 80s from the hype but then when the same reviewer who praised them (Z reviews) then said the dt880 with semi blown drivers still sounded better and were more comfy, i passed

I think the 770 80 is a good choice as long as you know what you're getting them for since BD has so many confusing flavors. As I read, it seems the 80 ohm for 770 has the most bass. I have not heard BD closed models of the 250/600 ohm variety, only open versions.

I spotted a  770 pro 600 (on ebay) which is rare and probably better sounding, but less bassy and more studio neutralish. I got my cousin a xb950 and liked the bass, and the 1a seems lot better (SQ and bass SQ wise) so both are good choices.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #7,971 of 12,992

Monster Npulse is a good choice, Beyerdynamics dt770 80ohm is another good choice.

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #7,973 of 12,992
What eq settings are you using?

I'm still playing with them. I've only used my Cowon P1 as a source. I'm going to bring my X7 to my office tomorrow to try the 650s with V4A...

That being said, these are not basshead cans at all. I just enjoy them very much. Easy to melt into the music and become lost.

Also going to usey Mac as a source as well with one of those eq programs. I forget the name.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #7,975 of 12,992
Anyone have leads on the elusive XB1000s? They've been on my mind since getting the MA900s earlier this year. Do they sound anything like the Z7, being closed 70mm's and all?

They come up on Yahoo auction sometimes. They are old school mylar with no coating or bass lens and sound pretty damn awesome beyond just bass though they are bass dominant. The Z7 are better with mids but EQ can help that. I would take a set of xb1000 over Z7 anyday. I owned the 1000 but traded them and can get them back anytime for my BBQ smoker. That was the original trade that he wants to undo and after smoking turkey for Christmas I will probably take them back

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #7,976 of 12,992
CNT s500 settled a bit. Thing is insanely boomy, so i have 0 doubt about that sz2k. But its so boomy everything else disappears.
Anyway its a fun boomy. Like being in a civic with 2 Cerwin Vega Strokers with $100 6x 9 speakers.

Good work JVC

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #7,977 of 12,992
CNT s500 settled a bit. Thing is insanely boomy, so i have 0 doubt about that sz2k. But its so boomy everything else disappears.
Anyway its a fun boomy. Like being in a civic with 2 Cerwin Vega Strokers with $100 6x 9 speakers.

Good work JVC

Let me know if you want to borrow either my sz1k or 2k for like a week or so. PM if interested

(offer is ONLY for SHAMuuu)

I know you can get the 1000s for under a Hundo used and no you can not keep either one if you like them :D

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #7,978 of 12,992

JVC SZ2000 also good for EDM?

Im planning to sell my TH600 since now I have HD800 and gonna get a good EDM headphone. I like the bass of TH600 but the treble for EDM makes me pissed

The best for EDM.  IMHO, that genre is by far the best for the SZ2K. 

One guy says they aren't good for edm, another says they're the best... typical head fi. Who do I trust?

(the edm I listen to: drum and bass with crushing lows, goa trance with tons of detail, techno that benefits from some instrument separation)

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #7,979 of 12,992
One guy says they aren't good for edm, another says they're the best... typical head fi. Who do I trust?

(the edm I listen to: drum and bass with crushing lows, goa trance with tons of detail, techno that benefits from some instrument separation)

Since I'm one of the two guys you refer to. I don't listen to EDM but i listen to a lot of gabber and Eurobeat. There are plenty of times I pick up my SZ1000 with 55x pads over the SZ2000 with 55x pads because they have less bass overall but have more controlled bass.

My SZ2000 I love with all music but sometimes you want more control instead of pure bass force. when listening to genres like hip hop, rock, reggae, etc, you can't touch the SZ2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back