The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 13, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #7,981 of 12,970
One guy says they aren't good for edm, another says they're the best... typical head fi. Who do I trust?

(the edm I listen to: drum and bass with crushing lows, goa trance with tons of detail, techno that benefits from some instrument separation)

Since I'm one of the two guys you refer to. I don't listen to EDM but i listen to a lot of gabber and Eurobeat. There are plenty of times I pick up my SZ1000 with 55x pads over the SZ2000 with 55x pads because they have less bass overall but have more controlled bass.

My SZ2000 I love with all music but sometimes you want more control instead of pure bass force. when listening to genres like hip hop, rock, reggae, etc, you can't touch the SZ2000.

Good points to make, thanks. Some of the goa trance I like has complicated bass lines. Thank you.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #7,982 of 12,970
  Hello guys! (google translate):
What headphones has the most powerful bass under 150$? I have FiiO A3 amp and I use eq.
P.S. I listen rap music which has 20-50 hz bass tone. I want to choose sz1000.

The sz1000 is the best option and it seems like the fiio A3 is powerful enough to get to basshead levels.  Plus you know how to use eq.  

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #7,983 of 12,970
Could anyone suggest me if I should get the Cayin C5 or the FiiO A5? They both seem to be very good but which one should I get? I've read about how good the Cayin C5 is and that the bass is really clean and powerful. Is that the same with the FiiO A5?

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #7,984 of 12,970
Could anyone suggest me if I should get the Cayin C5 or the FiiO A5? They both seem to be very good but which one should I get? I've read about how good the Cayin C5 is and that the bass is really clean and powerful. Is that the same with the FiiO A5?
i hate fiio products but after hearing the A5, have to admit its good. Textured bass and great soundstage. On the same level as C5.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #7,985 of 12,970

The C5 is a known quantity and it's good. Very good. The FiiO is hype by non bassheads so far. When i see a bass test i will believe it.

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #7,988 of 12,970
Wow this looks badass!

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #7,989 of 12,970
What is that, a Halloween themed iDSD? :jack_o_lantern:

iFi Micro iDSD Black Label

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711217/idsd-micro-black-label-tour-details-page-147/2190#post_13005479

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #7,992 of 12,970
 I gotta stay balanced so I keep my PHA-3 but I gotta get this too. Black? Enhanced bass boost?
It's like they aimed a cruise missile at my ******* wallet......sssss   BOOM!!!

Ya no kidding bro. Did you sign up for the tour? Hope you get in. I wanna tour it because i need to hear how i feel about burr brown DACs before i plunk down money like that!

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #7,993 of 12,970
I guys. I wanted to thank you for introducing me to a new experience. I don't know if this will hurt my brain or ears or what but that ultra-bassy tracks with bass boost effects in some tracks just tickle my insides, I can feel my eyes and everything vibrating.

I wanted to share this brain tickler track I found. I'm not responsible if it actually melts your brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9EahMmaAXo

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #7,994 of 12,970
I guys. I wanted to thank you for introducing me to a new experience. I don't know if this will hurt my brain or ears or what but that ultra-bassy tracks with bass boost effects in some tracks just tickle my insides, I can feel my eyes and everything vibrating.

I wanted to share this brain tickler track I found. I'm not responsible if it actually melts your brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9EahMmaAXo

I think folks here will agree with you and simply advise that you're all good as long as your eardrums dont hurt or feel stressed :)

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #7,995 of 12,970
Hi,

A few weeks ago i started looking for bassy headphones. I first tried the V-Moda CFW, and , while the bass was indeed here, they sounded very cavernous, quite like i was in an echo chamber or something. They lacked clarity and i really didn't like that. After posting here i've been advised to try the Fostex TH line, as they're very bassy but still audiophile quality. Problem is that, after a week or so, they don't seem to appear a lot on Ebay, specially the TH x00 mahogany that i was attracted the most to. The 900 are out of my price range. I will wait a bit more for the Mahogany to pop up on Ebay or will post a classified here when i will be authorized to, but in the meantime it might be time to start looking for other options. Do you have any recommendations for bass headphones that sounds clear, specially into the top 10 of the thread ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back