The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #6,890 of 12,991
Max input on the X00, 600 and 900 is 1.8W (1800mW) so you can't really go wrong with MORE POWER.  That being said, they're still pretty easy to drive.  I sold my Schiit Lyr 2 and use a Schiit Vali 2 instead, no issues, less peaky treble with the tube :)

May 11, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #6,891 of 12,991
  Any bassheads who've tried the DT1770's, do you think they would fit in to group 2 or 3 for bass? I will be comparing these to some TH-600 and Ultrasone Sig DJ soon hopefully. 

If you are not amping, these 3 sound quite good if looking at them from an "audiophile-basshead" perspective. But this is the EXTREME basshead thread. TH-600 rattles way more than both the Sig DJs and DT1770s when amped.

May 11, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #6,892 of 12,991
My source is SMSL M8 DAC, th900 does have hot treble at times on poor recordings.

Would C5 or E18 be less forgiving in highs then Ifi micro?

Ok seems like your using a pc to play music?

c5 would be great if you want to strap it to your phone sometimes.

iCan SE if its going to be stationary at all times.  One of the best hardware boost i have tried.

Both have forgiving treble.  iCan with its tube-like technology gives it that warm tube sound.

May 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #6,893 of 12,991
How exactly does a dedicated DAC help the basshead listening experience in a portable setup? I'm using an LG V10 w/ an E12. The Hi-Fi DAC switched on, I can only detect a volume increase that can be achieved by just bumping up the volume normally.

May 11, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #6,894 of 12,991
Two days into the SZ2000. What amazes me is not only its bass, but its overall sound quality. It lets me enjoy clarity with good isolation with the amazing bass. Nothing super high end to speak of, but very clean sounding and hence, almost perfect for electronic stuff. The sound is quite spacious for closed cans as well. I am just driving it with the SR71B at the moment, through my AK380Cu without EQ, and the bass is already pretty crazy. I will see what it can truly do when my C5 arrives hopefully tomorrow. I bought SZ2000 purely on the basis that it will be my main gaming cans - suffice to say it gives me far more than what I expected (frankly I thought it to be a pair of high quality Beats when I bought it). That's quite a bold statement if you consider the gear that I have/had, including LCD3, SR009 and HE1000.  

May 11, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #6,895 of 12,991
  @Hawaiibadboy

Just watched your rambling and damn the IFi micro actually isn't that big, Care to share the DIY instructions for wrapping it up behind your note 4? I might have plans to shift from E18s(you were right, just enough to basshead level is not enough, need more powa) to iFi Micro. As usual, great stuff and keep it up!

Secondly, any thoughts on alpha powerAMP 703 build? I was jumping between Onkyo and UAPP but I fell right back into the arms of powerAMP when Max implemented Hi-Res and USB DAC Support.

PS: Lol the Z Review's on SZ2000. He even assumed those were stock pads, must've been desperate.

@Hawaiibadboy bump

May 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #6,896 of 12,991
How exactly does a dedicated DAC help the basshead listening experience in a portable setup? I'm using an LG V10 w/ an E12. The Hi-Fi DAC switched on, I can only detect a volume increase that can be achieved by just bumping up the volume normally.

It really does nothing for to the bass in terms of impact.

you might get better detail, clarity, and seperation of each bass note but does nothing for quantity.

Bass is about power and driver size.  More surface area means more air is pushed, which means more bass to your ears.

I have the V10 and its a great sounding phone.  If it had a little more power, I wouldn't need a stack.

May 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #6,898 of 12,991
@Hawaiibadboy when you said the T1's were probably your favorite high end headphones that had good bass did you mean the T1 generation 1 or generation 2? thanks!

May 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #6,899 of 12,991
My source is a laptop or a tablet, portability is not the considering factor but more of providing best hardware boost.

I will have to then persue ican-SE, guessing should have better hardware bass boost than C5.

the c5 is a great amp and will drive any of the top 10, i loved mine.

I'm about power, headroom, sending the cleanest signal I can to the drivers.  if money isn't a big factor, go for the SE and don't look back.  

Also if your using a laptop or tablet, you should really look into learning how to eq.  Not only for bass but you can fix whatever area that your set troubles you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back