The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 4, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #6,783 of 12,993
So the sz1's still hit hard as a mofo then? I still keep going back and forth on them. 2 weeks ago I had an opportunity to pick up a pair of open box sz1000's at amazon japan for $60, and still couldn't pull the trigger. Like I would be screwing myself over if I did it because the sz2000's are king. Likewise same place had open box sz2000's for $135, and I again couldn't pull the trigger. I keep fearing the veil, but I also know that high volume listening can shadow veil, and these would be strictly for high volume Hip hop and Reggae listening.

Would be great if someone from Saint Louis had a pair I could test drive. Yamaha Pro 500's rattle my brain enough to make me feel like I'm getting speed boxed by Mayweather. I cant even imagine something hitting harder.

My best friend is coming into town from Tokyo in June so I have a month to decide.

May 4, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #6,784 of 12,993
  So the sz1's still hit hard as a mofo then? I still keep going back and forth on them. 2 weeks ago I had an opportunity to pick up a pair of open box sz1000's at amazon japan for $60, and still couldn't pull the trigger. Like I would be screwing myself over if I did it because the sz2000's are king. Likewise same place had open box sz2000's for $135, and I again couldn't pull the trigger. I keep fearing the veil, but I also know that high volume listening can shadow veil, and these would be strictly for high volume Hip hop and Reggae listening.

Would be great if someone from Saint Louis had a pair I could test drive. Yamaha Pro 500's rattle my brain enough to make me feel like I'm getting speed boxed by Mayweather. I cant even imagine something hitting harder.

My best friend is coming into town from Tokyo in June so I have a month to decide.

You sound like a fellow chronic basshead like me.
Get the SZ2k because you can amp and eq obviously. for 135 bones ******* grab em.

May 4, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #6,790 of 12,993
Been looking for over ear headphones (closed back) for a good few months now but no joy. Would like some high res ones with a good amount of bass.

I'll be using them with an LG G5 and lg hi-fi plus dac amp. Ideally I'd like something that's not too big, as I'll be using them while out.

I like most types of music so would like something to cover this as well.

I currently have a pair of skullcandy crushers. I tried the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohms but they were way too big so sent them back.

Had a look in my local hmv at the momentum 2.0 and Sony mdr1a but the sound was too low or distorted.

Budget wise, I'd say around £150, but can probably push to £200

May 4, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #6,791 of 12,993
Been looking for over ear headphones (closed back) for a good few months now but no joy. Would like some high res ones with a good amount of bass.

I'll be using them with an LG G5 and lg hi-fi plus dac amp. Ideally I'd like something that's not too big, as I'll be using them while out.

I currently have a pair of skullcandy crushers. I tried the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohms but they were way too big so sent them back.

Had a look in my local hmv at the momentum 2.0 and Sony mdr1a but the sound was too low or distorted.

The obvious answer is JVC SZ1000 or SZ2000. I've not heard them yet so I can't comment on if they are 'high res' or not, but the bass is insane.

May 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #6,792 of 12,993
  Yea the sz2000 is down to $150 new and there is a used pair prime shipped for $130. I will probably tell my buddy to pick em up for me. Just have to catch my wife on a good day, as she thinks its ridiculous to own so many pairs of headphones. :D

I think its time for me to get the sz2k again.  Where are you finding them for $150?  I'm checking amazon and its 180-190 right now.

Hmmmm,  

v-moda m100.  Really good bass, v-shape signature, dark sounding, need xl pads which are still to small for me.  Can be found for $150 new.

Audio technica ws1100.  Not top ten bass, but can be pushed to good levels, good staging, kind of v-shaped sound, good clarity.  $280 

Audio technica pro700.  never tried these but on top ten for bass.  $130

Get them from a place that you can easily return if you don't like them.

May 4, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #6,795 of 12,993

V-moda m100. I love these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back