The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 6, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #6,812 of 12,991
Kind of hard to beat the m100 for bass without amp. Microsoft been having sales on them for $150

I can use their immortal life program and get a new pair for $135. I'll keep an eye out on Microsoft just incase. I love them. Just wanted more bass. As good of luck as I've had I'll stay with M100 until I can afford a solid amp and the sz2000. Good look on the sales.

May 6, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #6,813 of 12,991
I need help. I have $150 to spend. My m100's just went out and I am looking for more bass. I need something I can power from my phone with no amp. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Over ear is a must.

You could get a JVC SZ1000 ($133 on Amazon) and a pair of replacement pads (about $20) for that price. I'll leave it to those with first-hand experience with that headphone to weigh-in on whether that is your best option.

May 6, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #6,817 of 12,991
any opinion on the crossfade wireless? I can get those for $165 with the immortal life.

I just remembered my sz2k were pretty lack luster without an amp.  You might like the sz1k without an amp and when your ready add an amp to it and go beast mode.

To me the m100 had more umph out of a headphone jack.

There was a couple of people including me that was interested in the wireless version.  Maybe you can try them and report back here.  I just gave up on the m100 entirely.  They are to small and uncomfortable even with the xl pads.

May 6, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #6,818 of 12,991
I just remembered my sz2k were pretty lack luster without an amp.  You might like the sz1k without an amp and when your ready add an amp to it and go beast mode.

To me the m100 had more umph out of a headphone jack.

There was a couple of people including me that was interested in the wireless version.  Maybe you can try them and report back here.  I just gave up on the m100 entirely.  They are to small and uncomfortable even with the xl pads.

Im going to go with the crossfade wireless. I am shipping my headphones to Vmoda tomorrow. Once they receive them I get my discount and will purchase them. I will try them out and absolutely report back here. If I am correct you can use them wired as well as the bluetooth.

May 6, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #6,820 of 12,991

Can you share what amp you use and the EQ?

its been almost 2yrs since i had them, but its pretty simple. 

I had the e12 bass boost on.

At that time I was using equalify and it was a basic graphic eq.

I lifted 30 hz to 7db and 60hz to 9db.  I forgot where my gain was.

I cut every other freq down -3db.

This is all from memory.  when I get them again in a couple of weeks, it's a whole new ball game 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #6,823 of 12,991

its been almost 2yrs since i had them, but its pretty simple. 

I had the e12 bass boost on.

At that time I was using equalify and it was a basic graphic eq.

I lifted 30 hz to 7db and 60hz to 9db.  I forgot where my gain was.

I cut every other freq down -3db.

This is all from memory.  when I get them again in a couple of weeks, it's a whole new ball game 
biggrin.gif

Thanks dude. Much appreciated. 

May 6, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #6,825 of 12,991
That's awesome! It kills me I have to wait to order the crossfade wireless. I am an impatient person.
i have the CFW. They are a really good sounding pair of headphones to me. I actually use the cayin c5 amp with them, bluetooth performance is solid. Not uncomfortable.

I also have the sz1000, dont bother unless amped. Amped with 55x pads and EQ... like someone smacking you on the side of the head when the bass hits lol. They can be EQ'd to deliver extreme bass whilst still sounding decent across the board. I haven't had them long and dont really use them either, not too practical for my uses etc. They are deffo bad boys though with hip hop/r n b. I dont game so don't know bout that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back