The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #6,767 of 12,992

This is the Taction I am interested in. I am skipping the over ear since my SZ will demolish it.

This is the open version is not it? Same amount of bass with the closed version? Refinement?

I am waiting reviews the elite basshead 
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #6,768 of 12,992
  This is the open version is not it? Same amount of bass with the closed version? Refinement?

biggrin.gif

Bass tactile feeling should be the same but open back wide stage sound which is what I really want in my life. THAT is a peerless item. Nothing will compare to a huge stage and bass like the top closed backs.

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #6,769 of 12,992

Bass tactile feeling should be the same but open back wide stage sound which is what I really want in my life. THAT is a peerless item. Nothing will compare to a huge stage and bass like the top closed backs.

I see, I want the same. Any news about the departure of this version? Until November will release the closed version, to my knowledge.

Thanks Sir!!

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #6,770 of 12,992
I missed listening to the Taction twice, but I'm in the party that isn't that into the concept, so even if they were amazing I'd always be nagged by that stubborn idea that I don't want vibration added. 

Just picked up a pair of TH-X00s that have been modded for detachable cables, along with a short cable with a 3.5mm plug so that I'm not carrying an absurd coil of cable with a big 1/4>3.5 adapter like the time I took my (for sale now!) TH-600s for a walk. I think these may be the headphones that replace my SZ2000s, which I thought would be staying with me indefinitely. The SZ2000 bass hits harder, but the TH-X00 goes just as deep and sounds (and feeeels, very importantly feels) more accurate. Plus, I can enjoy more types of music, albeit at more than twice the price. And I haven't even tried them with a bass-boosting amp.

May 1, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #6,771 of 12,992
Damn, open design with proper subs? They shoud have opened the kickstarter with that
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #6,772 of 12,992
  Damn, open design with proper subs? They shoud have opened the kickstarter with that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Exaaaaactly!

Soon as I saw the paper test and know that's open back....I saved my cash for when this comes out. I'll be 1st in line for the open version.

big bass slam and open stage??? Git the **** outta here!!!!!!! I'm in!!!! I'm in!!!!!!

May 2, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #6,774 of 12,992
  I tried the testing video on my LCD2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmP7TYtDVUU&feature=kp
I was completely stoned at the end of the test... Is this normal?

Totally normal if you listened at the levels I do, with a major bump in the lower octaves 
rolleyes.gif

Try this one out, you might not get as stoned...

May 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #6,775 of 12,992

biggrin.gif

Sonically speaking, the open version has slightly less bass overall vs. the closed back version. But don't let that fool you. The tactile vibration really nullifies any of those sonic differences between the two in regard to the bass. I can assure you the sensation of bass is still as strong as the closed back version. Having heard both, I prefer the bass (and the overall sound) on the open back.

I've had about half a dozen combined office mates and house guests sample this headphone, and the reaction is the same every time: their jaw drops wide open, they say "WHAT?!?!" and then immediately start giggling. And then they all ask where they can buy one.  

May 2, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #6,776 of 12,992

Exaaaaactly!

Soon as I saw the paper test and know that's open back....I saved my cash for when this comes out. I'll be 1st in line for the open version.

big bass slam and open stage??? Git the **** outta here!!!!!!! I'm in!!!! I'm in!!!!!!

Is it safe to guess that since the original Kannon won't drop until November, that we won't see this open version until perhaps 2017?

May 3, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #6,779 of 12,992
  Assuming everything else is the same (amp, source, pads etc) how much better are the sz2000 in impact only compared to the sz1000?

You would not realize it unless you listen to car audio bass tests.  If you use 55x pads on the SZ1k or HM5 angled pads you couldn't tell it from the 2k

May 3, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #6,780 of 12,992

Sonically speaking, the open version has slightly less bass overall vs. the closed back version. But don't let that fool you. The tactile vibration really nullifies any of those sonic differences between the two in regard to the bass. I can assure you the sensation of bass is still as strong as the closed back version. Having heard both, I prefer the bass (and the overall sound) on the open back.

I've had about half a dozen combined office mates and house guests sample this headphone, and the reaction is the same every time: their jaw drops wide open, they say "WHAT?!?!" and then immediately start giggling. And then they all ask where they can buy one.  

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully it will not take longer to get them. In fact, I like a little more open design them.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back