The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Mar 3, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #6,421 of 12,975
Finally got a balanced cable for my LCD-2.2Fs and my A-GD NFB-28, now I can boost bass by about 16dB for some fun. It sounds so smooth! Not SZ2000's but hey, at least I can bang Screw like it's meant to be heard now!

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #6,422 of 12,975
I've read almost the entire thread (about 3/4 of it, I think), and I've only seen a few references to Bluetooth headphones -- for understandable reasons -- but I wondered if anyone who has tried these JVC Elation XX (HA-SBT200X) and possibly how they fare compared to Voda M-100 (wired or wireless):

http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029465&page=1

They have a bass boost button (wireless mode only) with "Hyper Bass Sound" and "dual-magnet" diaphragms.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #6,423 of 12,975
  Finally got a balanced cable for my LCD-2.2Fs and my A-GD NFB-28, now I can boost bass by about 16dB for some fun. It sounds so smooth! Not SZ2000's but hey, at least I can bang Screw like it's meant to be heard now!

16dB bassboost is the keypad combo to get into bass heaven
biggrin.gif

I've read almost the entire thread (about 3/4 of it, I think), and I've only seen a few references to Bluetooth headphones -- for understandable reasons -- but I wondered if anyone who has tried these JVC Elation XX (HA-SBT200X) and possibly how they fare compared to Voda M-100 (wired or wireless):

http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029465&page=1

They have a bass boost button (wireless mode only) with "Hyper Bass Sound" and "dual-magnet" diaphragms.

Never heard em' Will try and get some head time with them. I could use 1 decent set of BT bass cans in my life.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #6,424 of 12,975

16dB bassboost is the keypad combo to get into bass heaven
biggrin.gif

Never heard em' Will try and get some head time with them. I could use 1 decent set of BT bass cans in my life.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing your perspective on them when you do get a chance to hear them.  I'm certain that they don't belong THE list, but I wondered if for BT cans, they'd be satisfactory to a basshead given the inherent limitations.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #6,428 of 12,975
those kannon headphones are not worth 500usd in my opinion and 40mm drivers does not look promising, will buy them when they drop in place or wait on some reviews from you guys here. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #6,430 of 12,975
still have not found anything more bassier than the sz2000's lol and think we need to ask JVC themselves to bring out the sz3000's lol. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #6,431 of 12,975
  still have not found anything more bassier than the sz2000's lol and think we need to ask JVC themselves to bring out the sz3000's lol. 

For sheer force there is nothing and for ear safety that is probably a good thing. Despite several videos with several sources in the frame of the vid and sharing the exact settings used from 3 or 4 sources on this threads front page I still get some folks saying they can't get bass from the SZ.

You can tell em' and show em' and yet...they can't do it.

I said a long time ago that if folks do anything other than the settings shared they take a chance in getting different results.

Hey I got no sugar...think I'll use salt for this cake instead ...they are both white

I used to care but now I think a lot of folks with a slightly lower I.Q. have just saved their eardrums so maybe it's a good thing.

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #6,432 of 12,975
  those kannon headphones are not worth 500usd in my opinion and 40mm drivers does not look promising, will buy them when they drop in place or wait on some reviews from you guys here. 

I'd have to agree with you on price. I think that the case has more of a premium look than the actual cans...And I'm not interested in the case. So, they need to ditch that and adjust the price down. I do understand (according to our reviewers) that they don't need an amp so, that's a plus. My V-Moda's don't need to be amp'd either but they sound a lot better when they are! I hope that the manufacturers will bear this in mind when they settle on the final pricing. Because, I'm just not feeling them at $500. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #6,433 of 12,975
  I'd have to agree with you on price. I think that the case has more of a premium look than the actual cans...And I'm not interested in the case. So, they need to ditch that and adjust the price down. I do understand (according to our reviewers) that they don't need an amp so, that's a plus. My V-Moda's don't need to be amp'd either but they sound a lot better when they are! I hope that the manufacturers will bear this in mind when they settle on the final pricing. Because, I'm just not feeling them at $500. 

That case was an "option" I found out later and may not be in the $500 price tag it may be extra? I dunno much more than anyone/everyone at this stage.

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #6,434 of 12,975
It would be nice to see cans with high power handling, high-excursion drivers....but HBB you're right....a SZ2000 w/ 55x pads and plenty of amp behind them already feels like an SPL car!
Maybe a mid 150's car when these things are pushed to the limit and bottom out. Anything more than that just gets into pain territory.

I'm curious what these cans do on an SPL meter with a good seal, clean test tone, and big power. Has anyone fed these 3w+ per side? 
L3000.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #6,435 of 12,975
  It would be nice to see cans with high power handling, high-excursion drivers....but HBB you're right....a SZ2000 w/ 55x pads and plenty of amp behind them already feels like an SPL car!
Maybe a mid 150's car when these things are pushed to the limit and bottom out. Anything more than that just gets into pain territory.

I'm curious what these cans do on an SPL meter with a good seal, clean test tone, and big power. Has anyone fed these 3w+ per side? 
L3000.gif

I've given them just over 2 but never gone higher. sounded good though.
55X pads are great but I liked the Brainwavz memory foams sound more overall.
That said I have a set of 55X pads just sitting around... someone here must be suffering with stock pads still!

edit : I used to do powering headphones from speaker taps on vintage gear, but now that I'm messing with 300+ watts on my power amp, I don't do that anymore. The slightest twitch the volume knobs could send any headphones to headphone heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back