The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Mar 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #6,436 of 12,993
  It would be nice to see cans with high power handling, high-excursion drivers....but HBB you're right....a SZ2000 w/ 55x pads and plenty of amp behind them already feels like an SPL car!
Maybe a mid 150's car when these things are pushed to the limit and bottom out. Anything more than that just gets into pain territory.

I'm curious what these cans do on an SPL meter with a good seal, clean test tone, and big power. Has anyone fed these 3w+ per side? 
L3000.gif

http://www.hearnet.com/at_risk/risk_trivia.shtml

I could get them higher with the iDSD micro.

Whatever it actually is ...is enough to cause pain and damage hearing. Just like car audio.

When I competed they put the meter a few inches away from the inside of the windshield on the dash.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #6,437 of 12,993
  Finally got a balanced cable for my LCD-2.2Fs and my A-GD NFB-28, now I can boost bass by about 16dB for some fun. It sounds so smooth! Not SZ2000's but hey, at least I can bang Screw like it's meant to be heard now!

**** Yeah!!!!

Bro... I would paper test challenge my non-f and kenny ka-9100 combo against any open backs, you know what I'm saying. 
wink.gif

HBB, db dragging with headphones LOL

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #6,438 of 12,993
  Finally got a balanced cable for my LCD-2.2Fs and my A-GD NFB-28, now I can boost bass by about 16dB for some fun. It sounds so smooth! Not SZ2000's but hey, at least I can bang Screw like it's meant to be heard now!

Hows the bass compared to the other bass cans?

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #6,441 of 12,993

its one of the bassiest open planars and it will rumble, but doesn't compare to the top 10 list.

TH900 will be better? or TH900 will be the same bass hitting as X00? i will get X00 this May though... I could afford TH900 if it is a huge step up :wink:

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #6,442 of 12,993
I EQ it real low, I like that shaking feeling on the bottom end. It's smooth, that much I can say for sure. The impact is pretty good without EQ due to the linearity, so I think you can really shape the sound (punch vs. shake etc.) a lot by changing the peak. If I want a more classic subwoofer feeling easily put in more of a peak in the low-midbass or whatever, but I prefer a smooth slope, just me... I don't like the vocals gettin' played with. So I'm not a basshead like many in this thread looking for raw bump ability. Never really heard other basshead gear, which sucks... but I really have no need.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #6,443 of 12,993
TH900 will be better? or TH900 will be the same bass hitting as X00? i will get X00 this May though... I could afford TH900 if it is a huge step up :wink:

If your looking for impact, the LCD will not reach the levels of the TH series.

For the money I would go for the thx00. You get 90% of the performance at a fraction of the price. If your comfortable eqing you so t be disappointed.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #6,445 of 12,993
  hi
Of the best in terms of BASS, LCD-2 or HiFiMAN HE-560 ?

good luck for anyone buying an lcd2 to get good bass from it

I owned this lcd2 and it was a nightmare to own, it made me feel so bad and without heavy heavy it sounds so dam lifeless and bassless 

i solved it by buying oppo pm1 which has good bass and warm sig, its not basshead level but tons better than the lcd2

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #6,447 of 12,993
  good luck for anyone buying an lcd2 to get good bass from it

I owned this lcd2 and it was a nightmare to own, it made me feel so bad and without heavy heavy it sounds so dam lifeless and bassless 

i solved it by buying oppo pm1 which has good bass and warm sig, its not basshead level but tons better than the lcd2

Interesting.  Never heard anyone say the LCD2 was bass light before. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #6,449 of 12,993
Yeah the bass is high quality not high quantity on the LCD-2. Don't get it if you're going for a basshead sound.

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #6,450 of 12,993
Yeah the bass is high quality not high quantity on the LCD-2. Don't get it if you're going for a basshead sound.

Basically how I felt about the HE-400, it was capable of producing impressive bass but with all the amping and EQing you had to do for that, switching to something like the SZ2000 provided deafening levels of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back