The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #2,251 of 12,991

Interesting

I

I did a lot ..I mean 15 times of changing stuff and covering the pole piece vent and opening opposite breathers was the best config I found

They cover it up too but open a half and the driver looks a lot alike ...typical

I bought the very expensive Sig pro and got a store credit after returning them because they were not like the Sig Dj.
I wonder how the "1"'s are?

I really wonder how the DJ1 Pro is as well compared to the SigDJ. No doubt, SigDJ is probably noticeably superior in sonic qualities and much better in build quality/aesthetics, but the sound quality might not be too off since the SigDJ driver is just a modification of the DJ1 Pro driver. I am curious to know how much that 10mm difference between the Pro 900s and the DJ series changes bass impact. I imagine you weren't happy with the SigPros because they are meant to be as far away from a basshead can as Ultrasone makes. Small ish driver, neutral sound sig, extremely sensitive driver to not need external amping (so it would distort easily when cranking an amp up with bassboost). The DJ series appear to be right up the ally of this type of thread and depending on how the non-sig driver of the DJ1 Pro performs, it could be a good opportunity to pick up a few top notch, cheap 50mm mylar drivers for future projects since we know for sure that at least the sigDJ variant of these drivers push some respectable amount of air and sound very clean and up to snuff to audiophile standards. 

If anyone has a DJ1 Pro ultrasone headphone, please do a bass test! 

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #2,252 of 12,991

GET THOSE!!!!!!
PLEASE!!

I wanted a set from a Military friend but he wouldn't budge. They make good to great car audio stuff.

Not sure if I should go for these or the Superlux. Would love to see a video. 
popcorn.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,253 of 12,991
  Not sure if I should go for these or the Superlux. Would love to see a video. 
popcorn.gif

I'd go for the Kicker just cuz they treated me right in car audio. I eventually went on to JL then Digital Design but as a brand for bass I had no complaints.

I really wanna get my fingers on these. I might aska friend on base to get a pair sent to an A.P.O

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #2,255 of 12,991
Besides, it was the last day of the sale, so i had no choice. it was either pay 30 bucks or 70 if i waited a day later haha. That and 54mm drivers helped abit. According to the tracker, they are in my city as of this morning! Video tomorrow! 

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #2,257 of 12,991
  Just wanted to show what I had been up to

Now all thats left is a hifiman he400i, sony mdr z7, fostex th500rp, fidelio x2 and if JVC has anything coming out to top the SZ line will be a must buy.

>upwards of $10,000 worth of headphones
>disappointingly low resolution pictures

also seriously I never realized how huge the HE-6 is, jesus christ

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #2,259 of 12,991
>upwards of $10,000 worth of headphones
>disappointingly low resolution pictures

also seriously I never realized how huge the HE-6 is, jesus christ
I wanna see the SZ's next to them all.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,262 of 12,991
  Alright, finally got my SZ2000 + E12 combo.  Man, finally a headphone that does bass right for a basshead like me.  It's so refreshing to have a headphone be able to put out more bass than I can handle.

Change the pads as soon as you are able....and welcome to the club!!​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #2,263 of 12,991
Note the "better " line. Elevated sub-bass which is what we do here and not the hump

Hmmmm​
 ​
 ​

Audiophiles wanna feel the air? Lemme tell you.... from an air surfer ....you will not feel the air without giving up the golden curve. The elevated sub-bass/bass to early mids transition it not happening ...not your way...the ideal way.so you're gonna be listening to what I do. I'm gonna buy the Z7 cuz it will play well and should slam hard but audiophiles wanting to feel the air and hear frequencies waaaaaay beyond a dogs hearing

C'mon....how can you put up a range to 100,000Hz with a straight face?

Those are approx and I can hear below 64 but maybe 30 Hz more down...definitely not +73,000

Meanwhile an elephant and a ferret ...and a goldfish......bassheads
biggrin.gif

Now Feel the air...I'm digging THAT
wink.gif
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
The bass-side is the best side​
 ​

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #2,264 of 12,991
Note the "better " line. Elevated sub-bass which is what we do here and not the hump

Hmmmm​

Audiophiles wanna feel the air? Lemme tell you.... from an air surfer ....you will not feel the air without giving up the golden curve. The elevated sub-bass/bass to early mids transition it not happening ...not your way...the ideal way.so you're gonna be listening to what I do. I'm gonna buy the Z7 cuz it will play well and should slam hard but audiophiles wanting to feel the air and hear frequencies waaaaaay beyond a dogs hearing

C'mon....how can you put up a range to 100,000Hz with a straight face?

Those are approx and I can hear below 64 but maybe 30 Hz more down...definitely not +73,000

Meanwhile an elephant and a ferret ...and a goldfish......bassheads:D

Now Feel the air...I'm digging THAT:wink:

​

The bass-side is the best side​

1988? That might be a lil outdated. Pretty sure people who hear 23,000hz can hear below 60hz. If I remember correctly, adults (especially males) can hear from like 50hz-17khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back