The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 13, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #1,171 of 12,992
  Q1-Yup,  crappy stock pads, Superlux pads are no go with sz2k, so I'm waiting for my 77x (have to import them too, not even shipped yet,duh) 
Q2- Good question, searched for a while but there is no info about Clear Bass freqs :\ At least it is better with Clear Bass +3 Fiio boost +8 that Clear Bass +2 Fiio boost +10db

O.K.
Don't stress on bass impact. Those pads are energy killers.
The 77 are a win/win. On their own they are beasts. 57mm and I modded mine and they are very very close to the sz2000 just in impact. Those xx pads will make a big difference on your head. Isolation isn't great but you really should go one step at a time. Find the hit. Enjoy it. Estimate how much you can sacrifice by getting other pads like HM5, Alpha's that give better isolation but sacrifice a tad bit of the hit.

Where is that Clear bass boost?  The vibe...the high speed is the sub-bass. the flutter and lifting is upper bass hits.
I wouldn't spend another penny until slapping the xx pads and maybe isolating that Clear Bass's frequency tweak.

Jul 13, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #1,172 of 12,992
Okey dokey, I'll wait for 77x then and use Clear Bass alone with bass test cycles from Quad Maximus to determine  freqs 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #1,175 of 12,992
Next test track.

2 Car Audio bass tracks combined "Worlds Deepest Bass" and "3 Kinds of bass"
It started with Wiz Khalifa because I'm a Hip Hop head but others are not.
To keep the future neutral and without folks not  joining in because they don't like the track it goes to bass.
Nobody listens to this stuff but the question is bass performance and this track was designed to do exactly that.

That Bass Mekanic boosted Beats test track is kinda cool too though..

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,177 of 12,992
  The stock pads in the SZ2000 are really bad and don't do justice to the headphones which is amazing. But which pads would be better for these? the mr77x pads or the beyerdynamic t770 velour pads suggested earlier? I mostly use them for liquid dnb (which has a lot of deep sub bass) and sometimes for gaming (rarely)

Firm pads are the best for transferring energy but the 770 pads are gonna be more comfortable isolate better and create an overall better sound signature.
Deep sub-bass will be the same to your ear. The impact on your head will be slightly diminished but the volume of the note say a 35Hz note should be no different.

I may get the 770 pads for my 1000 because I would never use both sz for Hip Hop bass slams. The sz2000 do that and the 1000 have a more versatile future and need pads like HM5 Alpha's or 770's

Get the 770 pads unless your a chronic basshead

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #1,178 of 12,992
Next test track.

2 Car Audio bass tracks combined "Worlds Deepest Bass" and "3 Kinds of bass"
It started with Wiz Khalifa because I'm a Hip Hop head but others are not.
To keep the future neutral and without folks not  joining in because they don't like the track it goes to bass.
Nobody listens to this stuff but the question is bass performance and this track was designed to do exactly that.

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,180 of 12,992
This is way off topic but I'll bite one time.
I live in Japan
I hear all the "Audiophile" cans whenever I want

The Beyerdynamic T1 are the only ones worth $1000...PERIOD.
END OF STORY

The ones on the right are "Audiophile"

I'm a purebreed basshead.
My counterpart, a purebreed audiophile will say that too much emphasis on any area of the spectrum beyond the ideal curve is coloring the response and thus making the headphones not audiophile. The T1 is lively and presents a recording in a authentic way without too much emphasis anywhere thus putting it in the audiophile section physically and in price.

/OFF TOPIC

Back on topic...this is the sz2000 with beyer pads pic courtesy of @pietcux

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,182 of 12,992
open budget 

You may appreciate the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 - big 50mm drivers, second to none build quality, folds into small convenient storage/travel size, over ear form, very comfortable and more importantly a quality bass sound signature that IMO is non fatiguing. The SONY XB910 I've already mentioned on previous page is also a very good sound, but the build quality let's it down, but still a very enjoyable can.

If you are going to use EQ and an amp the above two respond very well, and don't forget of course the SZ2000 and SZ1000 which will EQ bass to the moon and back, but are big heavy cans and less convenient as a portable compared to the likes of the M-100 which are just sexy svelte.

Edit: I'm listening to the below right now with my M-100's plugged straight into iPad with EQ set on bass boost and god dang there's a party goin on in my head for sure :D

Good Greef this sure is Xtra Hard :cool:

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,185 of 12,992
This is way off topic but I'll bite one time.
I live in Japan
I hear all the "Audiophile" cans whenever I want

The Beyerdynamic T1 are the only ones worth $1000...PERIOD.
END OF STORY

What a Beyer Player Pimp - lol :D

U should get these for your birthday dude and get this love affair with the T1's consummated instead of this constant flirting U got going on :p

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/5qm8PH4xAss[/VIDEO]​

Yeah, U know we all jealous U got the world finest cans on your doorstep to play with :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back