The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #1,111 of 12,975
 Though maybe carbon nanotube makes them stave off distortion longer to compare to 50mm regular diaphragm headphones? Idk. But jvc really seems to like their carbon.

The SZ series has a Carbon diaphragm for the 55  and the 30mm 2nd driver is cnt. Those seem very mild and even at insane bass levels the 30mm never seem to stress or get to loud but that's a dual driver config. 

I've not tested the 40mm cnt drivers. The claim in other JVC threads is they do something but I've never seen the wow??

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #1,112 of 12,975
Even when you show folks...
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Skip to 1:33 to see me showing settings

​
 ​

You can show some  folks stuff and they will find someway to make it not....set in? Take hold? I dunno?
It blows my ******* mind.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]
Head-on attempts to persuade can sometimes trigger a backfire effect, where people not only fail to change their minds when confronted with the facts—they may hold their wrong views more tenaciously than ever.​
[/color]
[/color]

Everything on the Top 10 will have a vid to at least give a visual supplement to the fact that it's on the list. No vid no list. 
The guy who did the Yamaha did it in like 10 minutes. 
Put the **** up or shut the **** up.

That goes for me too....especially me.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #1,113 of 12,975
Well, I can honestly tell you that you didn't lead me astray in my purchase of the Fiio E17 and the SZ-1000's. I'm getting my laptop back from repair tomorrow, and I'll be sure to post a vid of my combo. But I must say this is exactly what I've been looking for in cans for a LONG time. The bass is fantastic, and the sound is clear. I'm the happiest I've ever been. My wife isn't, because you can't get them off my head! It's that great an experience.

I know that the HA-MR55 pads are supposed to provide better impact, but I'm looking for pads that isolate better, and cut down on sound leakage. Are there any confirmed pads that do that?

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #1,114 of 12,975
cb did your a5 pro's come today at all was waiting most of the day for your impressions and of course the bass test. I just brought the x1's today and will see how it fairs up to being an open basshead can.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,115 of 12,975
cb did your a5 pro's come today at all was waiting most of the day for your impressions and of course the bass test. I just brought the x1's today and will see how it fairs up to being an open basshead can.

Yes, my a5-pro did come today, but I can confirm that they are in no way a basshead can whatsoever - think studio can where the emphasis is detail as close to the source and that's the kind of can they are.

They are a different can for a different thread and not recommended for bassheads.

I did attempt a bass/paper test but gave up after paper vibrations were less than Sig Pro - which just confirmed to me that they are indeed more studio can so continuing to make the video was equivalent to flogging a dead horse :deadhorse:

I've got the Fidelio X1's and they respond very well to bass EQing - very awesome can for a very low outlay - one of my fave open cans for sure.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,116 of 12,975
oh thats disappointing are you gonna send them back thanks for letting us know as I was going to buy these also might swap them for NAD Viso HP50 and the Pioneer - SE-MX9-K see how they fair as basshead cans, and thanks for your impressions as it really does help with buying decisions and this is exactly why this thread is awesome for us bassheads as we can learn and share our experiences and impression with headphones avoiding the ****ty ones and promoting the beastly headphones. Honestly the search for the more BASSHEAD can is forever ongoing even with the sz1000/2000, xb1000 and the pro500's im still looking for more cans that would make me poo myself lmao.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,117 of 12,975
oh thats disappointing are you gonna send them back thanks for letting us know as I was going to buy these also might swap them for NAD Viso HP50 and the 
Pioneer - SE-MX9-K see how they fair as basshead cans, and thanks for your impressions as it really does help with buying decisions and this is exactly why this thread is awesome for us bassheads as we can learn and share our experiences and impression with headphones avoiding the ****ty ones and promoting the beastly headphones. Honestly the search for the more BASSHEAD can is forever ongoing even with the sz1000/2000, xb1000 and the pro500's im still looking for more cans that would make me poo myself lmao.

No, I'm going to hold onto them - I listen to quite a few other cans that aren't bassy at all (HD800, K812) so although my expectations were initially that the A5-Pro would be a basshead can, they are still quality, and as a big Armin Van Buuren fan I'm interested in hearing a can that he developed to his exact sound.

Think studio/audiophile DJ can in a beautifully crafted package and that's my initial impressions of the A-5 pro, but basshead can - definitely not :)

But after watching your mind blowing Yamaha Pro 500 video - those cans are on my must buy list for sure.

What are your EQ and source settings for your Yammy video?

The pioneer Se-MX9 look amazing in copper/bronze colour and are supposed to give a "in the club sound" so the description sounds promising as possible basshead can for sure.

Note: NAD VISO HP50 have nice detailing and punchy bass but don't expect anything near basshead response - these are more audiophile cans with a decent warmth to them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,118 of 12,975
This is the can that SONY still use 70mm drivers with - the MDR-MA900 open back which make for outstandingly massive soundstage that equals if not surpasses many 'summit-fi" cans that hold a significantly higher price tag.

Dare say you will have heard these for yourself, but if not, they're definitely worth a listen, if for nothing else but the awesome out of head soundstage
smily_headphones1.gif

How does the MA900 respond to bass EQ?  Can you compare vs XB1000 and the Fidelio X1?  Thanks.

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #1,120 of 12,975
How does the MA900 respond to bass EQ?  Can you compare vs XB1000 and the Fidelio X1?  Thanks.

MA900 are open back cans and despite having 70mm drivers like the XB1000 the differences are like chalk and cheese - anybody thinking that the MA900 are anywhere similar regarding bass response to the XB1000 would be very disappointed - MA900 are for soundstage fans as these cans have one of the largest.

Fidelio X1 compared to XB1000?

Well the distance between them being similar is slightly less than the MA900 compared to the XB1000, but again, two very different cans - XB1000 are by name aimed for primary purpose Xtra Bass - and respond accordingly to EQ as has been shown on bass/paper test videos. Fidelio X1 respond pretty good to EQ and I've increased bass EQ on these and my LCD-X before and they deliver pretty hard but being open back cans you just won't get the kind of slam and jaw vibrations of bass centric closed back canons.

By the way the Philips X1 are selling at such a low price they are a steal and if you're looking for an open back audiophile can that has strong bass then this is a good choice, just don't expect canon closed back performance.

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #1,121 of 12,975
Top 10 is coming...one of the newest members.

Of course there is a vid.
All of the Top 10 will be linked to their vid.

Cool - does it come in paperback with a free toy too? :D

and does anyone know ati832's EQ settings and source DAP to his Yammy video?

I've a feeling he had it rigged up to a diesel generator used for industrial diamond drilling :D

ps I'm going all gooey over my A5-Pro's - Armin knows the score - impressions on the A5-Pro owners thread after I've spent more time with them :wink: basshead can - no - accomplished detailed DJ can - YES :)

Stop beating yourself up over the A5-Pro's dude - wild horses wouldn't have stopped me picking them up at the first chance :cool:

It's your birthday in 5 days time - get those Yammys - U know U want :wink:

Extreme Bass - it's like ...weird science :D

imagejpg1-45.jpg

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/F8MRbOqYJMA[/VIDEO]

Love that movie - Kelly LeBrock - yeah :cool:

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #1,122 of 12,975
Cool - does it come in paperback with a free toy too?
biggrin.gif

and does anyone know ati832's EQ settings and source DAP to his Yammy video?

I've a feeling he had it rigged up to a diesel generator used for industrial diamond drilling
biggrin.gif

ps I'm going all gooey over my A5-Pro's - Armin knows the score - impressions on the A5-Pro owners thread after I've spent more time with them
wink.gif
basshead can - no - accomplished detailed DJ can - YES
smily_headphones1.gif

Stop beating yourself up over the A5-Pro's dude - wild horses wouldn't have stopped me picking them up at the first chance
cool.gif

It's your birthday in 5 days time - get those Yammys - U know U want
wink.gif

The issue is nothing but fit. They are on ear for me but over ear for others. Depending on your ear size. Are they cannons??? ...That is not in debate
biggrin.gif

Would also like to know his settings which seemed to be double amp....laptop> fiioe9> fiioe12> diesel diamond cutter> yammy
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #1,123 of 12,975
The issue is nothing but fit. They are on ear for me but over ear for others. Depending on your ear size. Are they cannons??? ...That is not in debate:D
Would also like to know his settings which seemed to be double amp....laptop> fiioe9> fiioe12> diesel diamond cutter> yammy:p

Hope ati832 ain't holding out on us - cos using industrial Schiit's against the club rules :D

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #1,124 of 12,975
Well, I can honestly tell you that you didn't lead me astray in my purchase of the Fiio E17 and the SZ-1000's. I'm getting my laptop back from repair tomorrow, and I'll be sure to post a vid of my combo. But I must say this is exactly what I've been looking for in cans for a LONG time. The bass is fantastic, and the sound is clear. I'm the happiest I've ever been. My wife isn't, because you can't get them off my head! It's that great an experience.

I know that the HA-MR55 pads are supposed to provide better impact, but I'm looking for pads that isolate better, and cut down on sound leakage. Are there any confirmed pads that do that?

This is an oft mentioned comment. The XX pads sacrifice sound quality because of lack of isolation but give great impact. The alternatives like Alpha pads, HM5 pads dt770 velour all have their own benefits which they at the appreciation can better help with. That thread is like the pad change support group.
tongue.gif
They/we should make a special post and just refer new users to it.

There is one in there but you gotta dig back a few pages to find it.

Congrats on the purchase.
beerchug.gif

They need amp and eq but they are beasts.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #1,125 of 12,975
Wonder if you can buy replacement MR77X pads directly off JVC?

They have a spare parts division in UK - I might give them a call to find out.

Though I have a confession regarding my SZ1000 - I like the stock pads and don't want to change them :basshead: pls forgive me - can I still keep my extreme basshead creds? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back