The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,126 of 12,993
Wonder if you can buy replacement MR77X pads directly off JVC?

They have a spare parts division in UK - I might give them a call to find out.

Though I have a confession regarding my SZ1000 - I like the stock pads and don't want to change them
basshead.gif
pls forgive me - can I still keep my extreme basshead creds?
biggrin.gif

Well there goes my bass cred too 
frown.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,127 of 12,993
Jul 11, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #1,129 of 12,993
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
@ati832 is the dude with glasses​
He's like....​
That's my can bichuz...any questionz??​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
It's a cannon on the Wiki again and permo Top 10 member...always has been and will be on tonight's list.

@ 31 seconds he audibly smirks....that's a basshead feeling epic.  Yeah buddy!!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #1,130 of 12,993

ati is the dude with glasses​

It's a cannon on the Wiki again and permo Top 10 member...always has been and will be on tonight's list.

@ 31 seconds he audibly smirks....that's a basshead feeling epic.  Yeah buddy!!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Just hope no cult bass can splinter groups join in alliance against the top 10 list when it goes live :eek: :wink:

imagejpg1-46.jpg

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #1,131 of 12,993
Just ordered the Yammys from:

http://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/yamaha-hph-pro500-pro-series-studio-headphones.html?language=en&currency=GBP

This is the best price I've seen in the UK :)

Does anyone know where's a good place to buy a big rig diesel generator used for diamond mining like what ati832 uses to drive his Pro500's? :wink:

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,132 of 12,993
my setup for that was a fiio e9 dual amped with a fiio e12 with both at high gain and fiio bass boost switch on then the source was my laptop running a sound blaster sound card turned the volume knob 2 half way on both amps and full volume on laptop then eq'd it to 16db for 31hz and 8db for 62hz, the yammys could handle more eq but you get to the point where your like where have the lyrics gone lol.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #1,133 of 12,993
my setup for that was a fiio e9 dual amped with a fiio e12 with both at high gain and fiio bass boost switch on then the source was my laptop running a sound blaster sound card turned the volume knob 2 half way on both amps and full volume on laptop then eq'd it to 16db for 31hz and 8db for 62hz, the yammys could handle more eq but you get to the point where your like where have the lyrics gone lol.

You do realise that you were pumping more power than a diesel generator used for diamond mining? - lol :D

Very effective :cool:

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,134 of 12,993

Official Extreme basshead rec'

Was fascinated by ati's Yammy vid. I again was unable to get that with another Yammy with my Cowon/e12. ( that's on me)
Tried idevices (ipad, ipod, ipod nano, classic)  with different apps and my soundblaster soundcard to amp....nothing.

Elephant candy's equ clips and **** all over the joint and I knew that but decided to download this app (above)for the hell of it.
I have moved more paper with the Cowon/e12 but never shook the drivers so hard.
Holy ****.

No hint of driver distortion. Whatever algorithm they are using to treat the signal is working really well in the low end area for sure.

Very very wow. I wasn't near the usual e12's lvl but the drivers were spazing .... in a good way. 

That's all bass folks. The camera mic is a foot away and the mids and highs are not even stressing...barely loud. The sub driver is working hard but clean. Very nice. Never thought I'd use my ipad as a source...ever. 
Never say never
biggrin.gif

At 50 seconds in the vid that bass "thump" is the echo of my wood desk. That's the driver backing kicking the desk and sending a note down under. Good stuff

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,135 of 12,993

Official Extreme basshead rec'

Was fascinated by ati's Yammy vid. I again was unable to get that with another Yammy with my Cowon/e12. ( that's on me)
Tried idevices (ipad, ipod, ipod nano, classic)  with different apps and my soundblaster soundcard to amp....nothing.

Elephant candy's equ clips and **** all over the joint and I knew that but decided to download this app (above)for the hell of it.
I have moved more paper with the Cowon/e12 but never shook the drivers so hard.
Holy ****.

No hint of driver distortion. Whatever algorithm they are using to treat the signal is working really well in the low end area for sure.

Very very wow. I wasn't near the usual e12's lvl but the drivers were spazing .... in a good way. 

That's all bass folks. The camera mic is a foot away and the mids and highs are not even stressing...barely loud. The sub driver is working hard but clean. Very nice. Never thought I'd use my ipad as a source...ever. 
Never say never:D
What EQ curve did you use with this app?

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,137 of 12,993
  what are the best pads for the SZ1000/2000 ?

Depends on your main goal.

For bass firmer is better. 
Bass with less impact  and more isolation Alpha pads/ HM5's?
Better overall sound maybe dt770 velour?
The appreciation thread has more info on that.

The sz1000 is alright with stock pads but the sz2000 need an immediate change.

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,138 of 12,993
V-MODA Crossfade M-100
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/o2BpZIZm-Z0[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track, followed by Bass Mekanik - "Night Bass

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Notes: V-MODA's 50mm drivers slam hard and are very high quality, cord on top of top earcup used to hold paper in position

Users who are viewing this thread

Back