The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #12,931 of 12,992
I wish I still had mine!
If you're patient, you can probably snag up another one on eBay for $50-$75. There are some on eBay now for over $100, but those have been there forever and are just priced at impatient people prices.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #12,932 of 12,992
Now that you bring up the Sony XB series which I still have except the XB300(30mm drivers don't cut it for me), Lets not forget Sony also did some good on the X-Series, MDR-X05, X10. All these headphones still holding strong near mint condition in my collection... But the Denon D7000 has gotten more use by me.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #12,933 of 12,992
Now that you bring up the Sony XB series which I still have except the XB300(30mm drivers don't cut it for me), Lets not forget Sony also did some good on the X-Series, MDR-X05, X10. All these headphones still holding strong near mint condition in my collection... But the Denon D7000 has gotten more use by me.
I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed the XB300. It's rare to have such a warm, bassy sound from such a tiny, portable on-ear ear headphone. Like, for something with basically the same form factor as a Koss Porta-Pro, it couldn't be further on the opposite end of the spectrum, soundwise.

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #12,935 of 12,992
Get a pair of Audeze Maxwell and hit that EQ. You're done. Wireless, amazing battery life, can be used for gaming, ain't that bad for commuting and you can add as much bass as you want.
Did you happen to own the previous versions of the Maxwell (Penrose or Mobius), if so can you compare their sound quality to the Maxwell? The one downside of the Penrose/Mobius for me is the footstep directional audio for FPS gaming like CS2/Apex.. not very pinpoint.

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #12,936 of 12,992
Did you happen to own the previous versions of the Maxwell (Penrose or Mobius), if so can you compare their sound quality to the Maxwell? The one downside of the Penrose/Mobius for me is the footstep directional audio for FPS gaming like CS2/Apex.. not very pinpoint.

I haven't actually. I'd never tried those but I have tried the Maxwell enough to know that they compete very well with super high end gaming sets while still having the best music use case.

A very good YouTuber has a wonderful breakdown of competition though not of the Penrose/Mobius. I think the overall thing to consider is that Gaming Only, Maxwell is probably outshined by some other sets. But for both music and gaming, it's hard to beat.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #12,937 of 12,992
Dear Masters,

what is your advice (findable) for basshead under 200$?

I want:
-must be very very comfortable for long use
-i listen hiphop and lofi
-i have fiio q11 dac/amp, athm50x (not comfortable for long use), kiwi ears quartet iem, sony xb90ex iem vs...

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #12,938 of 12,992
Interestingly, Sennheiser hd58x with some equalization and bassboost has a bass slam that rivals some heavyweights in the category.

I'm enjoying it right now.
Indeed. They sure better my 99 Classics. Equalized towards bass it's not your super clean, accurate low end but it is FUN.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #12,939 of 12,992
Dear Masters,

what is your advice (findable) for basshead under 200$?

I want:
-must be very very comfortable for long use
-i listen hiphop and lofi
-i have fiio q11 dac/amp, athm50x (not comfortable for long use), kiwi ears quartet iem, sony xb90ex iem vs...

Fiio/Jade Audio JT1 should at least be on the list for consideration.
It has a slightly weird tonal response, but a clear bass-shelf that's about 4-8dB louder than the rest of the sound.

FiiO Jade Audio JT1.jpg

It has a suspension strap, which is almost always the most comfortable type of headband, and the ear pads are VERY squishy.
I reviewed it last week, so you could also check that out for more info (oh head-fi or YouTube).

The only 2 main negative points about this headphone are:
• No cup rotation - so comfort is not guaranteed (wasn't a problem for me)
• Objectively weird signature is not for everyone (but can also add some exaggerated 'fun')

Also some people might disagree about it's 'basshead' status as it is only a little bassier than headphones like BeyerdynamicDT770 and SoundMagic HP100 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #12,940 of 12,992
Ultrasone Signature Pure. Just long term comfort its litte bit not there.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #12,942 of 12,992
Because they are new release and Ultrasone isnt really that popular. But thrust me, they do the work you need. That one is a true powerhouse. In that price point - simply unbeatable.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #12,944 of 12,992
Fiio/Jade Audio JT1 should at least be on the list for consideration.
It has a slightly weird tonal response, but a clear bass-shelf that's about 4-8dB louder than the rest of the sound.

It has a suspension strap, which is almost always the most comfortable type of headband, and the ear pads are VERY squishy.
I reviewed it last week, so you could also check that out for more info (oh head-fi or YouTube).

The only 2 main negative points about this headphone are:
• No cup rotation - so comfort is not guaranteed (wasn't a problem for me)
• Objectively weird signature is not for everyone (but can also add some exaggerated 'fun')

Also some people might disagree about it's 'basshead' status as it is only a little bassier than headphones like BeyerdynamicDT770 and SoundMagic HP100 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dear Greq, what are your advise another brand or type?

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #12,945 of 12,992
With phone for these i think even some dongle dac gonna be enough. I didnt see any information about ohm quantity anywhere. But Ulrrasone alywas are 32 - 40ohm. But amplfier is alwyas have some advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back