The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 14, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #12,947 of 12,992
Chep and really powerfull. Extreme bassy o say.

Feb 15, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #12,950 of 12,992
Focal Stellia. Very energetic and punchy/slam.
These have decent punch, but Denon, Fostex, and abyss 1266 all hit harder, are more energetic, and sound better IMO

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #12,952 of 12,992
The clear og have more punch than the stellia.

I really wanted to like the stellia but focal doesn't do closed backs as well as they do open.

He's probably referring to the d7200. They have the most bass out of the denon line.

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #12,953 of 12,992
Which Denon and Fostex model are you referring to? I've heard of the legend of abyss 1266 but haven't tried it yet.
Denon D7000 (sounds better than 7200), but d7200 with EQ works (treble is rolled off), the D9200 are excellent, Fostex TH-900 mk2 also excellent. Focal Utopia 2022 are significantly better than Stellia.

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #12,954 of 12,992
In response to previous posts...

Denon AH-D2000, Denon AH-D5000, Denon AH-D7000 (The Legendary Bass Head Headphones) Drivers made by Fostex. After Denon Discontinued their D series headphones, Fostex came to the market with the Fostex TH-900 and later Fostex TH-900Mk II. They also released the Fostex TH-600 the little brother(which I regret not buying/owning).

Sony came along and released the Sony MDR-Z7 (The OG). Years later Sony MDR-Z1R came along, also bass heavy.

The Sony MDR Z7Mk II has less punch, and bass.

JVC Also has a legendary headphone they made long ago that hit hard known as the JVC HP-DX1000.
Following the success of the OG Denon D series, Massdrop decided to do a collaboration with Fostex to release the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Mohogany, Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Purple Heart and the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Ebony. Later on, due to demand by people, Massdrop changed the Fostex headphone to inlcude removable cable thus renaming the headphone to Fostex TR-X00.

Campfire Audio Released a headphone called the Cascade and it hits hard, you can also tune them by using filters provided in the packaging by Campfire Audio.

Klipsch Audio also released a headphone with Fostex drivers called the Klipsch Heritage HP-3 which are also fun.

Sennheiser briefly had on the market the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ which are also bassheavy, and quickly dissapeared from stores.

And the there was Ultrasone... Massdrop(Drop) was at it again and this time they colaborated to create the Drop X Ultrasone Signature X headphones. And the world got happy that there was finally enough headphones to go arround. The End.

*I own almost all of the headphones talked about here in my post, you can check in my profile to verify. Most of the headphones mentioned are Discontinued and are hard to find and some are not, just be patient.
*No. I'm happy with what I have, I'm not looking for anymore.

Feb 16, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #12,955 of 12,992
In response to previous posts...

Denon AH-D2000, Denon AH-D5000, Denon AH-D7000 (The Legendary Bass Head Headphones) Drivers made by Fostex. After Denon Discontinued their D series headphones, Fostex came to the market with the Fostex TH-900 and later Fostex TH-900Mk II. They also released the Fostex TH-600 the little brother(which I regret not buying/owning).

Sony came along and released the Sony MDR-Z7 (The OG). Years later Sony MDR-Z1R came along, also bass heavy.

The Sony MDR Z7Mk II has less punch, and bass.

JVC Also has a legendary headphone they made long ago that hit hard known as the JVC HP-DX1000.
Following the success of the OG Denon D series, Massdrop decided to do a collaboration with Fostex to release the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Mohogany, Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Purple Heart and the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Ebony. Later on, due to demand by people, Massdrop changed the Fostex headphone to inlcude removable cable thus renaming the headphone to Fostex TR-X00.

Campfire Audio Released a headphone called the Cascade and it hits hard, you can also tune them by using filters provided in the packaging by Campfire Audio.

Klipsch Audio also released a headphone with Fostex drivers called the Klipsch Heritage HP-3 which are also fun.

Sennheiser briefly had on the market the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ which are also bassheavy, and quickly dissapeared from stores.

And the there was Ultrasone... Massdrop(Drop) was at it again and this time they colaborated to create the Drop X Ultrasone Signature X headphones. And the world got happy that there was finally enough headphones to go arround. The End.

*I own almost all of the headphones talked about here in my post, you can check in my profile to verify. Most of the headphones mentioned are Discontinued and are hard to find and some are not, just be patient.
*No. I'm happy with what I have, I'm not looking for anymore.

Wow, nice post, definitely appreciate the summary and brief history lesson of some bass head headphones.

I can confirm the Massdrop x Fostex series is also very good. It’s as if they refined the original D7000 but kept all the good traits including the hard hitting bass.

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #12,956 of 12,992
Ultrasone Signature Pure. Just long term comfort its litte bit not there.
Great recommendation! I bought them based on your post (and the first youtube review I could find), also they are very cheap.

I have had the Ultrasone Signature Pure for a few days. Very good build quality, the face plate on the earcups feels and looks very premium.

My head is not so big and has very little hair, so the comfort is good. I can wear them for several hours without issue.

The sound is surprising in a good way, great bass, goes very low. About half as much as the Hifiman HE-R9, but those are very special (also they are massive, can't go outside). For this reason, I think many audiophiles who are looking for bassy headphones, but the HE-R9 is too much bass for them, would probably really like the Ultrasone's.

Works well out of my Fiio K11 and KA11, medium gain is fine.

Approx £150 direct from Ultrasone, just a few days from Germany to the UK.

Would recommend if you are looking for a portable headphone with very good bass, that's easy to drive out of a USB dac.

DSC_0402-c.JPG

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #12,958 of 12,992
So I finally caved in and got the Ultrasone Signature Pure for less than 150 euros. They were a little cheaper during the January sales but oh well.

Looking forward to testing the sub-bass on these! 😁

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #12,959 of 12,992
So I finally caved in and got the Ultrasone Signature Pure for less than 150 euros. They were a little cheaper during the January sales but oh well.

Looking forward to testing the sub-bass on these! 😁
I'm curious to know what the Ultrasone Signature Pure sound like. If you can, also check with other headphones.👋

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #12,960 of 12,992
They sound dark, warm, fast, deep, with pushed forward huge hard kicking deep bass, little bit lack of details on top end but they are full of music. Without any pikes, with right tonality, sounding kinda open because of this slohic system but in comparision with open cans, still like closed ones, which they are. Spaceiness is limited, but holography and 3d effects are there. Good for lotening loud or very loud, for pro use, for gaming. Not for anyone who wants lots shainings details on top end, they are ther but its like something that makes music comeplete but its not a highlighted part. They are also pretty cheap made but looks good. Big pros is that they will be perfect for weaker overly bright gear or something with small power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back