The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #11,568 of 12,992
I never saw it, so all I see now is SPAM, which is all a period is by itself. lol

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #11,571 of 12,992
Funnier: i also have the 1060, and fostex variations. Currently battling d7200 vs th600 for my top spot. The denons are tricky little bastards though lol

Do you have any mods done to the M1060? The mods on mine brought them to life. I sold my M1060 but I kept my similarly modded open back M1060C, they will never be sold. I'll be jamming to those for years.

Had painted HiFiMan HE-560V2 headband with Monolith sticker, 3D printed honeycomb grills, felt "fuzzor" mod on both grill and ear pad sides, foam removed on grill side and replaced with thin speaker grill material, custom made Alcantara ear pads from Vesper Audio.

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #11,572 of 12,992
I got a pair of M100's hooked up to my JDS Atom / JDS Dac and they're not too bad! I definitely prefer them to my DT 770's, but I'm definitely too spoiled by my X00 Ebony's to really appreciate them. Going to play with Peace EQ a bit and see how they handle EQ.

Bass is a step up from the DT 770's
Clarity is good
Vocals are slightly recessed, but not bad.
Bass quantity is just "okay", there's some rumble, but it's nothing like I was expecting.
Bass quality is good
Headache from the pads / clamp is quite high

For $232 shipped with the XL pads, I can't say I'm too impressed, but I'm not disappointed either.

Now I've spend a few time hearing the Meze 99 and I may say it is a very good cans for the price.
Like as Malevolent told me sometime could become a little booming but the problem is that them are really responsive to the quality of the mastering.
I find the DT770 very good cans but not really basshead, never eard the VModa 100 but the Master version are in my radar.

Meze has nice quality sound with well mastered songs, good bass (maybe not sub bass) and really fun overall sound reproduction straight out without any amp or equalization.

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #11,573 of 12,992
The V-Moda M100 and M200 Master series are tuned to be reference studio style cans. As such, they will provide you the most realistic flat waveform for mixing and mastering music. However, for fun listening purposes, they will most likely let you down, as they will sound boring in that regard.

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #11,574 of 12,992
The V-Moda M100 and M200 Master series are tuned to be reference studio style cans. As such, they will provide you the most realistic flat waveform for mixing and mastering music. However, for fun listening purposes, they will most likely let you down, as they will sound boring in that regard.
I've always heard they they have wild bass, so I wanted to try them out. I personally don't think that they sound like $200 headphones, but the build quality is very good.

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #11,575 of 12,992
I've always heard they they have wild bass, so I wanted to try them out. I personally don't think that they sound like $200 headphones, but the build quality is very good.

The V-Moda headphones that have wicked bass, of course when properly AMPED and EQ'D, are the V-Moda LP2 and the V-Moda M100 can's. But the MASTER series are reference can's only, don't bother with them unless your a music mixer or DJ.

I personally have the V-Moda LP2 headphones and I freaking love them! Here is a picture of my cans, with modified head band cover and using Wicked Cushions pads, sitting proud next to my modified S.M.S.L SP200 with the aluminum golden volume knob AMP.
11274883.jpg

And here is my EQ settings for those who are interested.
11256202.jpg

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #11,576 of 12,992
Do you have any mods done to the M1060? The mods on mine brought them to life. I sold my M1060 but I kept my similarly modded open back M1060C, they will never be sold. I'll be jamming to those for years.

Had painted HiFiMan HE-560V2 headband with Monolith sticker, 3D printed honeycomb grills, felt "fuzzor" mod on both grill and ear pad sides, foam removed on grill side and replaced with thin speaker grill material, custom made Alcantara ear pads from Vesper Audio.

Quite Similar really. Hifiman headband, only mine was the one from the massdrop edition, fuzzor mod, but i used shelf liner. Also the spaces between the strips were also with fuzzor mod. Pads being audeze vegans, wasnt a fan of the leathers on here. Took the driver apart and stack n52 strips on all the planar magnets, but it made the sound worse. Settled for wrapping micropore tape on top and side parts of driver grill. Hardwired rather than stock.

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #11,577 of 12,992
The V-Moda headphones that have wicked bass, of course when properly AMPED and EQ'D, are the V-Moda LP2 and the V-Moda M100 can's. But the MASTER series are reference can's only, don't bother with them unless your a music mixer or DJ.

I personally have the V-Moda LP2 headphones and I freaking love them! Here is a picture of my cans, with modified head band cover and using Wicked Cushions pads, sitting proud next to my modified S.M.S.L SP200 with the aluminum golden volume knob AMP.
11274883.jpg

And here is my EQ settings for those who are interested.
11256202.jpg
Setup is a JDS Atom / JDS Dac and the Vmoda's were the M100's, so I guess I'm just picky and need to aim for something a bit higher end. I love that hardware EQ, I wouldn't mind having one :)

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #11,578 of 12,992
Setup is a JDS Atom / JDS Dac and the Vmoda's were the M100's, so I guess I'm just picky and need to aim for something a bit higher end. I love that hardware EQ, I wouldn't mind having one :)

You can buy this exact same EQ box on Ebay right now, although might not be as good in cosmetic condition as mine, which I also bought off Ebay years ago lol. I also had to do some De-Oxit cleaning on the frequency sliders to get the dust out of them, but the inside of the unit in general was immaculately clean. And if you enjoy that vintage 80's look of my box, definitely get yourself a Realistic 12-Band equalizer! Brand new units that have 12-bands can easily cost 150 dollars, ones that have 30-bands you can get for like 250 dollars but are too commercial/industrial looking.

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #11,579 of 12,992
I have the M100 and LP2. M100 are good, but nothing special. Meze 99 are better IMO. LP2 I find dark but not great for most genre's.

I like the Sony MDR1a and M&D Mh40 for bass punch and extension.
I've bought a set of used THx00, looking forward to trying these out as a cheap cousin to the TH900's.

Oct 18, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #11,580 of 12,992
Speaking of the M-200, did anybody register for the review tour? I'm very interested in trying the M-200; it's not a bass fiend like the older V-MODA cans, but looking at the company's heritage, I'd expect the M-200 to have a solid and robust low-end response, albeit one that isn't heavily boosted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back