The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 31, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #10,276 of 12,993
The Cayin C5 should be great.

Thanks. You think there'd be no massive advantage with the Ifi for the Kannons?

I am constantly tempted by the Ifi for the SZ2000s, but it is quite a lot of money (£549 here in the UK with no real second hand options), and I do wonder how often I'd end up taking it out and about due to it's size. The C5 stacked with a source is still quite a small package.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #10,281 of 12,993
Feb 18, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #10,282 of 12,993
10071805.jpg

@talan7

Sorry for the delay with your amp. I will have it sent out this weekend.

My new rec for folks who ask for bass but over all good sonics. Beryllium coated aluminum cup Campfire Audio CASCADE.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #10,285 of 12,993
@talan7

My new rec for folks who ask for bass but over all good sonics. Beryllium coated aluminum cup Campfire Audio CASCADE.
Looks like you really enjoy this headphone
How about compare to th900 and lcd-X?
I want to get one, but i find a good deal of lcd-i4.
Still interested about it.
Thanks

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #10,286 of 12,993
10071805.jpg

@talan7

I just listened to it yesterday at CanJam NY. It is the real deal. Very nice. You should get the M&O electronics beryllium Bluetooth headphone if you can’t get the RBH sound. The engineer said it is the newest iteration of the driver from RBH. Same bass potential, but I believe the mids and treble might be better. Also has aptx. It’s cheaply made but he told me on amazon there is a code to get it for $105... definitely worth it. As far a Sonics go, the new PSB/Nad Bluetooth headphones are the ones to beat. They aren’t out yet but they sound phenomenal.

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #10,287 of 12,993
So after my SZ2000's broke, and the desire for better headphones (overall I guess), I'm seriously considering the Fostex TH900.

Unfortunately I can't demo them anywhere in New Zealand, so I'll have to purchase them blindly... So a couple of questions.

The source is going to be a Samsung S8+, amped by Oppo HA-2. (tweaked by Viper4android assuming this is still the best)

My main genre of love is DnB, or rap. But can love anything :wink:

I couldn't find a specific thread for the TH900s..

1) does the mk2 model worth the money the standard ones?

2) as I travel on the train a lot, I've read these are described as somewhat open closed headphones, will the isolation be decent enough for this environment?

3) will my Oppo HA-2 be powerful enough for these? I found it plenty powerful for the SZ2000.

4) as the cable isn't replaceable, is there an adaptor to 3.5mm people would recommend to use with my Samsung phone.

5) are they worth the money over the TH600?

6) are they still going to rattle my skull :):)

Look forward to people's thoughts!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #10,288 of 12,993
So after my SZ2000's broke, and the desire for better headphones (overall I guess), I'm seriously considering the Fostex TH900.

Unfortunately I can't demo them anywhere in New Zealand, so I'll have to purchase them blindly... So a couple of questions.

The source is going to be a Samsung S8+, amped by Oppo HA-2. (tweaked by Viper4android assuming this is still the best)

My main genre of love is DnB, or rap. But can love anything :wink:

I couldn't find a specific thread for the TH900s..

1) does the mk2 model worth the money the standard ones?

2) as I travel on the train a lot, I've read these are described as somewhat open closed headphones, will the isolation be decent enough for this environment?

3) will my Oppo HA-2 be powerful enough for these? I found it plenty powerful for the SZ2000.

4) as the cable isn't replaceable, is there an adaptor to 3.5mm people would recommend to use with my Samsung phone.

5) are they worth the money over the TH600?

6) are they still going to rattle my skull :):)

Look forward to people's thoughts!

At CanJam I heard the Klipsch heritage. It has the Foster biocellulose driver but a special configuration pulp wise just for Klipsch. I listened to it on the Woo Audio amp and was blown away. The Klipsch guys actually stated that if they could call it anything it would be the TH900 done right. Semi open but sounded fully open, beautiful, no harsh highs but very extended. They showed me the inside. Klipsch did a lot to get the sound where they wanted. Beautiful mids. One of the headphones that most blew me away at CanJam.

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/pro...MI9JHu5YSy2QIVwbXACh39KQLrEAQYAiABEgIZR_D_BwE

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #10,289 of 12,993
At CanJam I heard the Klipsch heritage. It has the Foster biocellulose driver but a special configuration pulp wise just for Klipsch. I listened to it on the Woo Audio amp and was blown away. The Klipsch guys actually stated that if they could call it anything it would be the TH900 done right. Semi open but sounded fully open, beautiful, no harsh highs but very extended. They showed me the inside. Klipsch did a lot to get the sound where they wanted. Beautiful mids. One of the headphones that most blew me away at CanJam.

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/pro...MI9JHu5YSy2QIVwbXACh39KQLrEAQYAiABEgIZR_D_BwE

Sweet, thanks for the impressions! I think it's a beautiful headphone to boot and it's good to hear a favorable impression of it in this thread particularly.

Feb 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #10,290 of 12,993

I don't think these will be suitable for me, as I mentioned I do a lot of my listening on a train, they'e oprobably far too open to provide good isolation / sound leakage. But thank you for the response.

They look beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back