The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 26, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #10,306 of 12,970
I agree with that compared to the M100 the pro500 hits harder in the punch frequencies and the sub-bass is enough to rumble your skull too.

Again i've never tested the Yamaha, but after having owned the Kannons, i realized that the top 10 basshead thread doesn't really take bass frequencies in account.......i mean yes all the headphones in top 10 are great for bass ! But for example i find unacceptable that the Kannons are positionned number 1 when you know they can't dig in the subbass as the JVC SZ2000s can ! IMO to be called basshead the first thing before being able to hit hard is firstly to be able to reproduce all the bass frequencies at good levels. Let's take a look at the frequency response of the Yamaha :

yamaha-hph-pro500-frequency-response.jpg

from my experience with bass, i can easily pretend that this is weak in the subbass with a roll-off around 30hz. I m sure that listening to this song on the Yamaha will outline missing bass tones.........especially everything around and below 30hz.........

My goal here isn't to criticize. But as a bass lover i just feel like the mandatory stuff required is to be able to play all the tones of the song.......if there is a tone missing it's like there were a piano key missing. I hate that roll-off sensation

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #10,307 of 12,970
i really feel like the problem in terms of bass is the mp3 player. none of my mp3 players pump out enough bass. before i found out about the fiio e17k, i bought 3 other fiio amps.

2 fiio amps connected to an mp3 is good enough for my hd500s which of course are not bass headphones.

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #10,308 of 12,970
Again i've never tested the Yamaha, but after having owned the Kannons, i realized that the top 10 basshead thread doesn't really take bass frequencies in account.......i mean yes all the headphones in top 10 are great for bass ! But for example i find unacceptable that the Kannons are positionned number 1 when you know they can't dig in the subbass as the JVC SZ2000s can ! IMO to be called basshead the first thing before being able to hit hard is firstly to be able to reproduce all the bass frequencies at good levels. Let's take a look at the frequency response of the Yamaha :

yamaha-hph-pro500-frequency-response.jpg

from my experience with bass, i can easily pretend that this is weak in the subbass with a roll-off around 30hz. I m sure that listening to this song on the Yamaha will outline missing bass tones.........especially everything around and below 30hz.........

My goal here isn't to criticize. But as a bass lover i just feel like the mandatory stuff required is to be able to play all the tones of the song.......if there is a tone missing it's like there were a piano key missing. I hate that roll-off sensation

Completely moot though with EQ. the Yamms can handle any amount of EQ you can throw at it.

Feb 26, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #10,309 of 12,970
ijnc4a
2u72bzk.jpg

No comparison between m100 and yamaha.
The Yamaha has more Punch for my brain. I adquire this cans last saturday and I'm so happy with my two brothers.

I have not tried them yet with the e12. But with the X5 hits hard.

I would love to hear soon the SZ2000 that are on the way.

Having owned both the Yamaha Pro 500 and the JVC sz2000... The Yamaha don't even begin to compare. The SZ2000 will have you peeing yourself with happiness, they're INSANE for bass.... Absolutely insane.

The Yamahas made me smile and grin walking down the street, the SZ2000 made me burst out in hysterical laughter in amazement. They hit so much harder amped and eq'd correctly. They'll rattle your teeth

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #10,311 of 12,970
Actually I wouldn't say anything compares to the SZ2000s. Kings of bass for sure. Ridiculously addictive, but at volumes that will destroy you physically if gone on for too long. Reminds me of standing directly in front of the PA speakers at a show. Awesome!

I'm a little worried I'll miss that insanity going from the SZ2000 to a set of Fostex Th900mk2, but we'll see!!!

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #10,312 of 12,970
I'm a little worried I'll miss that insanity going from the SZ2000 to a set of Fostex Th900mk2, but we'll see!!!

I would not worry. YesteeYes night I updated my htc 10 to Oreo. I did clean install then rooted to put viper4android then hook my brand new vmoda m100!! Man the sound is sick ! I did heavy equalization in the subbass and it made me forget my sz2000 which is currently at a friend's !

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #10,314 of 12,970
B4A47D07-AFD2-4BE7-8815-D86C3386248B.jpeg
The 630VB deserve the praise they get.

Haven’t heard the Nighthawks as the other poster preferred but I can put these up against my bio-cell D2000 and planar LCD2. Have heard enough headphones to say the 630VBs are sleepers. Technically, they have very low distortion, and have great clarity. While for overall balance I prefer my vintage 600ohm HD250s the 630vb don’t require near the power to deliver thunderous quality. If you are a basshead that goes from hip hop to symphonic or ambient a highly recommend these. I typically use them in the near Siberian climate of Canada but they’ve actually worked well in the Mexico heat. They isolate any wind coming off the surf and have been just a treat enjoying music while relaxing.

#bassonthebeach #notyourtypicalrolledoffsenn

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #10,315 of 12,970
I would not worry. YesteeYes night I updated my htc 10 to Oreo. I did clean install then rooted to put viper4android then hook my brand new vmoda m100!! Man the sound is sick ! I did heavy equalization in the subbass and it made me forget my sz2000 which is currently at a friend's !

M100 competing in sub bass with sz2000? What are you using to amp between the HTC and vmoda/sz2000? With the Oppo HA-2 the SZ2000 absolutely smash my friends m100 running from a Samsung s8+ ! It's not even a competition

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #10,318 of 12,970
i played chronic 2001 (great beats and hooks, mind numbing lyrics) off my cd player with xbs and xbs+ and it had less bass than i remember.

which means its not so much that my mp3 bass boost quality went down (which it did) but my expectations went up.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #10,319 of 12,970

I couldn't resist trying these out. I have got Kannons coming as well, but I don't think they will be that portable.

I have been using B&W PX for 'non-bassy' listening just through my iPhone and I have got used to using wireless and the on/off wear sensor when travelling. The Nuraphone looks like it will be convenient in a similar way, so I am hoping they might be my portable Kannons. I'll update when they arrive.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #10,320 of 12,970
M100 competing in sub bass with sz2000? What are you using to amp between the HTC and vmoda/sz2000? With the Oppo HA-2 the SZ2000 absolutely smash my friends m100 running from a Samsung s8+ ! It's not even a competition

I have the TH-X00's and totally agree

Guys i have both M100 and SZ2000. Had Kannons and was very disappointed. I'm not pretending i'm more basshead than you guys but like you i love bass and true full bass. At home i'm listening to music with a SVS PB16 Ultra subwoofer. what i was saying is that in terms of frequencies reproduction i find the m100 better than the kannons in subbass. But then i know lots of people don't listen to songs which have emphasis on the 20hz-40hz range so they may never be able to realize some headphones can't reach certain frequencies....................anyway i'm glad for those happy with kannons . I simply wanted to share in case someone looking for some powerful deep subbass to listen to the HUNCHO JACK album (Travis Scott & Quavo) in the best conditions ever !! The producer Murda on the beatz uses subpac when producing beats. You definitely need something that can dig in the lowest tones to enjoy it and listen to at as it was meant to be heared

Users who are viewing this thread

Back