The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 17, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #10,246 of 12,992
Any ideas how the ws1100 would sound though?
I'm considering that as well as the ath m50x and vmoda m100. I'm coming from the CAL!2 but if you've got other recommendations for a cheaper($200USD tops?) bassy headphones with warm and smooth sound
I'd like to hear them.
Had the ws1100 and sent it back. Sound is wonderful till 35hz.... In fact big roll off under this point. For me it s a red card! I was very sad cause the sound was very good. Excellent mid and trebles but bass not to the level of a good amped and eq'ed vmoda m100 (which i own) or the king jvc ha sz2000. I add that I also own the kannons and even if lot s of people like them here, trust me they can't reproduce under 30hz frequencies like the jvc can!

I sent them back!

Cheers

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #10,247 of 12,992
Had the ws1100 and sent it back. Sound is wonderful till 35hz.... In fact big roll off under this point. For me it s a red card! I was very sad cause the sound was very good. Excellent mid and trebles but bass not to the level of a good amped and eq'ed vmoda m100 (which i own) or the king jvc ha sz2000. I add that I also own the kannons and even if lot s of people like them here, trust me they can't reproduce under 30hz frequencies like the jvc can!

I sent them back!

Cheers

I see... I am not using any high end equipment though. Will it be a problem for the m100?

Will the roll off be very obvious on the athws1100?

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #10,248 of 12,992
Depends on what your listening too. The roll off doesn't bother me too much as I'm more of a Boom Bap type of guy. Modern stuff that's all subbass on top of subbass might be disappointing. Personally to me even with the roll off I still love the sound of the mids and the treble and will deal with it even with modern Rap and Reggae music

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #10,252 of 12,992
Thanks for all the answers! I'm gonna stay with my TH-900 for the moment, then.

I know they've always been considered pretty good and I'm enjoying them but I didn't really follow the new releases for these last 2 years so I was wondering if some new headphones I hadn't heard about had redefined the bassy headphones high-end segment. Kinda disappointed that it doesn't seem so; hope we'll see some new beast bassy high end headphones in the next months/years(?).

Thanks again!

I saw some favorable comparisons of the Klipsch Heritage to the th900, but not from bassheads. Was before they came out too, so possibly not even be the final version- still, might be worth reading up on... think there's any hope for the HD820s bass capability?

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #10,255 of 12,992
I see... I am not using any high end equipment though. Will it be a problem for the m100?

Will the roll off be very obvious on the athws1100?

As @BadReligionPunk said, it s sure that it depends on what you listen to. I should have precise I m mostly about hiphop trap. So in fact it s all about ultra low frequencies. Depending on what you listen to the ws1100 could be wonderful. Mids, highs and even comfort is better than vmoda m100. However if there is a choice to make a would peak the m100 cause better bass and you can still eq it to get better Mids and high.

Jan 20, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #10,256 of 12,992
Interesting to not see any Audezes here, I thought they were the king of bass..

I have an early LCD2, the bass in that model is excellent QUALITY, but from a perspective of a bass head would probably be considered bass light. The bass goes all the way down, with almost no roll off.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #10,257 of 12,992
hp1.JPG
I have been experimenting with vintage orthodynamics. Bass is impactful,crispy, and is helped by fantastic mids.

Attachments

• y50.jpg
    y50.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 21, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #10,258 of 12,992

I have been experimenting with vintage orthodynamics. Bass is impactful,crispy, and is helped by fantastic mids.

Yamaha right? Some vintage headphones really surprise. I remember a friends vintage Koss Pro 4AA that could seriously pound out bass. My vintage HD250 have a great bass balance, they certainly weren’t shy of bass back in the 80s - but at the same time I don’t think any really bass head phones existed at that time.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #10,259 of 12,992
Hey everyone, just after some advice. My JVC SZ2000's have unexpectedly broken while I was wearing them today, and although the fix should be easy (I'm thinking two-part epoxy, then electrical tape, I don't need the balljoint to pivot), isn't everyone always tempted to upgrade???

erxgdgx4.sdm.jpg

Is it worth buying the Taction Kannon, or is there something more expensive that's going to give me a better overall experience ? :D

Sadly living in New Zealand, theres not a huge market of things I can try out before buying :frowning2:

Budget - Under 1000USD.

• Source - Samsung S8+ , amplified by Oppo HA-2 (Viper4Android modified)

• Requirements for Isolation - Need close back, often listen on train

• Preferred Type - Over-ear

• Preferred tonal balance - Bass heavy <3 <3 <3 but decent all-round if possible

• Past headphones - JVC SZ2000, Yamaha Pro 500

• Preferred Music - Drum'n'Bass, Dubstep , Rock

• What would you like to improve on from your set-up - I'd like a bit more clarity in the midrange .. the SZ2000's absolutely decimate in bass frequency, if I could have something similar in low-end, but with clearer overall, I'd be a very happy man

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back