The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 6, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #7,771 of 12,970

Well I would think since there are open, semi open/semi closed, and closed cans, there can be bass heavy for each.

I was thinking if anyone had dt990 and like sz to give an idea since i dont have either. Also waiting on Taction KANNON open.

Except comparing the SZ's to any Beyerdynamic is like comparing

with

having been an owner of both SZ's and the DT990.

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #7,772 of 12,970
  Except comparing the SZ's to any Beyerdynamic is like comparing

with

having been an owner of both SZ's and the DT990.

Hahahaha ! Noice one.

Point Taken.

I would rather have a DD/Kicker/Oldschool Earthquake or RF filled truck over Cerwin though. :p

Could you share any pro/cons with dt990? I do have a few low(CHINA) Beyers + dt660 on way (German made)  for Rock Music/90s Alternative.

Also, the sz2000is number 1 but many have modded, eq etc. I wonder if that xb1k was modded b/c mine rattles my head and jaw after paper removal and grill protection removal. The bass impact was like 2x.

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #7,773 of 12,970
  Taction KANNON + subpac

not saying it will be perfect, but there is potential for the technology. the crushers are cheap/crappy, i get that, but hella fun. Some songs sound better with that technology like instrumental bass mixes. Obv not for music where you know things well, it misses things for sure

I would love to have that subpac while i inline skate , incase someone tries to rob me :D

There is indeed. Though subpack asks for a lot of inconvenience. Constant wearing and removing and wearing. It's a bit too much of a hassle. Though as step towards an intelligent way. Maybe just fix a subpack to your chair... for a PC user like me. But I worry about cable pull or wheels running over and stuff... I'd love to see some more convenience there.

BTW you getting those Kannons by any chance? You said you're waiting. Maybe for the RELEASE of an open pair? Sorry, kind of lost you there. Do tell.

And hmm... the 9500s aren't quite in the sub area. A fellow headfier had his distorting at too bassey levels and so went for something else for the bass. Though Zeos has modded it to an attachable closed back - that may help with the bass. But not as stock, I recon. Open-backs, if they're dynamics anyhow, will never be able to catch up with the bass section. Technically impossible for them to do so... EXCEPT the Fostex x00/EMU (which is quite rare. killer drivers they use). I had a cupless round and man, so much of the bass (like upwards of 95%) was retained. I could easily forget that the cups weren't even there! Honest.

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #7,774 of 12,970

There is indeed. Though subpack asks for a lot of inconvenience. Constant wearing and removing and wearing. It's a bit too much of a hassle. Though as step towards an intelligent way. Maybe just fix a subpack to your chair... for a PC user like me. But I worry about cable pull or wheels running over and stuff... I'd love to see some more convenience there.

BTW you getting those Kannons by any chance? You said you're waiting. Maybe for the RELEASE of an open pair? Sorry, kind of lost you there. Do tell.

And hmm... the 9500s aren't quite in the sub area. A fellow headfier had his distorting at too bassey levels and so went for something else for the bass. Though Zeos has modded it to an attachable closed back - that may help with the bass. But not as stock, I recon.

Well I am open to KANNON if they make an open one with tactile for sure.

I did the 9500 + Cup mod like Z n used fatter pads. Just as a backup set. And also as an open by taking cups off, so its 2 in 1 .
Not bad for like 50 $ US + 30 for cups (these are prices now, i paid a bit more on newegg but they refunded me credit). Its more deep bass than boomy punchy bass. It will distort but at very high levels with an amp. E.g volume 100 on laptop or mp3 wont do it.

and yeah that subpac seems like hassle and one would think be targeted by thieves

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #7,776 of 12,970

Didn't spend as much time as I would have love to, but a great experience to be able to try so many different models all in one place.

Now it gives me a reason to go back sooner.
smily_headphones1.gif

God damn it... I so wanna be in Japan right now... God... DAmn.. it!!!!

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #7,780 of 12,970
  I have a Cayin C5 I was looking for a DAC to stack with it so far I was considering the Soundblaster E5 any recommendations? Does anyone know how the V-Moda Vamp Verza performs?

Big time delay on the E5 so not a good idea if you want to watch movies. Also the EQ doesn't work anymore but that's not a deal breaker. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #7,781 of 12,970

I have a Cayin C5 I was looking for a DAC to stack with it so far I was considering the Soundblaster E5 any recommendations? Does anyone know how the V-Moda Vamp Verza performs?

Big time delay on the E5 so not a good idea if you want to watch movies. Also the EQ doesn't work anymore but that's not a deal breaker. 

Yeah I have the E5... except for some options, if you talk about sound, I can't tell much difference between the E5 and my fiiO E07k. E5 just looks more bling and gets you somewhere, but that's that. Some do suggest it may suffer at the amp side, though I'm a low impedance guy so, works for me. You may wanna try the TEAC. Oppo HA-2 might just kick some.

I won't recommend V-Moda... to any audiophile. I don't find their products audiophlish... at all. They're much better than Beats, but that's that. And yes, I like their make and build. But if SOUND is what you're looking for, nopes. Much better luck with fiiO, or maybe iFi, if you really thinking of Verza. IFi iDSD DXD will take you places you haven't been to, for the money.

If you wanna do some tomfoolery, sure... different stuff to choose from. If you want a real amp/dac, iFi will make you not look back and care for you for years to come.

Get the Oppo though. Winner in it's price-tier. People praise it highly. If only I had a $100 more... I'd pass on the E5 *sigh*

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #7,783 of 12,970
  So I got a brand new SZ2000 from amazon yesterday, and i applied this EQ to them using the Magni 1 straight into MB:

and they are distorting. did i get a lemon? i thought these had  a much higher tolerance? using hm5 pads

I have a feeling it's that amplification tick box on bottom. either that or everything is too low, cause i see even the sub bass is under the 0 db mark.

here's mine

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #7,784 of 12,970
  I have a feeling it's that amplification tick box on bottom. either that or everything is too low, cause i see even the sub bass is under the 0 db mark.

here's mine

"Lastly, if you're like me and told your girlfriend these are what you want when she asks what you want for Christmas, these are a good suggestion because she won't be upset when you don't want to stop listening to them. Happy sub-bassing."

lmfaooooooooooooooooooo... certified genius

i just read your review. is this basically your end game can?

I was curious what you had in past for cans.

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #7,785 of 12,970
  So I got a brand new SZ2000 from amazon yesterday, and i applied this EQ to them using the Magni 1 straight into MB:

and they are distorting. did i get a lemon? i thought these had  a much higher tolerance? using hm5 pads

At what volume levels are they distoting? what do you have powering it?

I was curious about these JVC c-nanos, and waiting on s5s from Japan to test. i heard these need insane burn in time, so thinking those 2000s as well since they use that c-nano tecnology or CNC or summat like that

can't wait to beat the $hit out of mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back