The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 6, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #7,758 of 12,992

It's cousin is... the TH900.

So the best overall basshead cans is EMU TEAK ? How much would you tank it in the top 10?

By the way it seems hard to get one right now............

No. 4/5 in quantity... no. 2 in quality, layering, imaging... of the bass, and still keeping balance in mids and highs. You see, it's just so tight and fast, and... man. You need to hear it, really. Thing is, even though the Live Beats are pretty, pretty much there, and they're the real cannons and nothing comes close, their driver is in the rear, and you miss certain elements in quality and imaging, or layering in a way. This doesn't happen with a single driver near your ears doing all the work. You see, it's a natural thing - it's pushing air directly and actively, where as in the Live Beats, it's a bit indirect, and at the back...

Other than that, these are not fatiguing to me. I could listen to them for much longer than the Live Beats since the Fostex/EMU are so much... SO MUCH MORE comfortable. Sound is with a wide soundstage... if given the option, I'd take EMU/Fostex x00/Denon 7000 any day over Live Beats, as they're still 95% Live Beat level Bassheads, and just better overall. And EMU, according to most, is the best bang for the buck. Almost TH900 sounding, yet at less than half the price.

email chan: enquiry@emu.com to ask the price, pay and get it shipped. Read about EMU. Read my review. Read others reviews. Check it out yourself first. Then go for the kill!

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #7,759 of 12,992

No. 4/5 in quantity... no. 2 in quality, layering, imaging... of the bass, and still keeping balance in mids and highs. You see, it's just so tight and fast, and... man. You need to hear it, really. Thing is, even though the Live Beats are pretty, pretty much there, and they're the real cannons and nothing comes close, their driver is in the rear, and you miss certain elements in quality and imaging, or layering in a way. This doesn't happen with a single driver near your ears doing all the work. You see, it's a natural thing - it's pushing air directly and actively, where as in the Live Beats, it's a bit indirect, and at the back...

Other than that, these are not fatiguing to me. I could listen to them for much longer than the Live Beats since the Fostex/EMU are so much... SO MUCH MORE comfortable. Sound is with a wide soundstage... if given the option, I'd take EMU/Fostex x00/Denon 7000 any day over Live Beats, as they're still 95% Live Beat level Bassheads, and just better overall. And EMU, according to most, is the best bang for the buck. Almost TH900 sounding, yet at less than half the price.

email chan: enquiry@emu.com to ask the price, pay and get it shipped. Read about EMU. Read my review. Read others reviews. Check it out yourself first. Then go for the kill!

I think you made a good choice man.

Tyll was reviewing all the Denon/Th(MKII included) and he was happiest with the TEAK

I think its the best buy out there for wood ones. IMO. I'm sure the others are fantastic the Denons/TH etc

What other cans you have before choosing this? Is there another you find similar/ or as good.

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #7,761 of 12,992
Is there an updated list? B/C there seems to be new cans every other day
biggrin.gif

Does anyone own a dt990, where does it fall on list?

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #7,763 of 12,992

as they're still 95% Live Beat level Bassheads, and just better overall. And EMU, according to most, is the best bang for the buck. Almost TH900 sounding, yet at less than half the price.  

Lets see a Wiz Khalifa bass test.

Hahah oh no HawaiiBoy... I know what you're doing there...

Actually I don't think I'd wanna do the bass-test, cuz... well, I think I'll bust the drivers. They can't take a lot of beating like I said once before, unlike the Live Beats, which can. I think as you have your list, these will fall at no. 5. But don't ask me for the test... I had to gather my money with a lot of effort - I can't have these beautiful 50mm biocellies all busted.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #7,764 of 12,992

Actually I don't think I'd wanna do the bass-test, cuz... well, I think I'll bust the drivers. They can't take a lot of beating like I said once before, unlike the Live Beats, which can. I think as you have your list, these will fall at no. 5. But don't ask me for the test... I had to gather my money with a lot of effort - I can't have these beautiful 50mm biocellies all busted.

Had to ask
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #7,765 of 12,992

Had to ask
biggrin.gif

In fact... I wouldn't worry about the JVC but I'm surprised how you have pushed the x00/600/900 so far without their diaphragms unloading from their gaskets...

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #7,766 of 12,992
The list was just posted a day or two ago...

And dt990 is not basshead.

Well I would think since there are open, semi open/semi closed, and closed cans, there can be bass heavy for each. I have xb1k as my bass heavy semi open. And well my Lp2 was my closed until I heard about sz2000, and while there are few open bass heavy cans, there are some which aren't as far off as you'd think. The Philips 9500 is a cheap open can with some tweaks can have decent impact. I was thinking if anyone had dt990 and like sz to give an idea since i dont have either. Also waiting on Taction KANNON open.

One can cannot satisfy all genres :D.

But thanks for heads up I will look back at list.
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #7,770 of 12,992
Taction KANNON + subpac

not saying it will be perfect, but there is potential for the technology. the crushers are cheap/crappy, i get that, but hella fun. Some songs sound better with that technology like instrumental bass mixes. Obv not for music where you know things well, it misses things for sure

I would love to have that subpac while i inline skate , incase someone tries to rob me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back