The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #7,353 of 12,993
They don't; you buy a set of 55x cans just for the pads. They did have a used pair for $20 as of last night, but I decided to live with the Brainwavz pads for a while.

Does anyone know the difference between the 77x and 55x pads?

I think for the most part they are identical ( at least what I could see online). If you do not have a way to confirm with both physically just buy them from a place with free returns, that way id=f they don't fit you'll be okay.

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #7,359 of 12,993
My daily setup for over a month now. Maybe 2.

Something about this amp and the bass it push on high gain mode. Probably a bit lower than the C5 but still can make em rattle and damage my hearing with sub-bass force.

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #7,360 of 12,993
HBB - did you have to actually burn in the SZ2000 to get the most bass? I haven't done any burn in yet, currently mainly just using it for gaming, movies and VR. Should I blast it with some extreme bass stuff to get it open up a bit more?

A lot of people say EQ etc... but actual power, and a lot of it, being fed to them will do the bass much more justice!

I used them on a vintage monster receiver & the sound waves were so strong that it felt like someone was stabbing me in my ears with a screwdriver.
I couldn't used them for more than a few minutes because it very well might have bruised my inner ear canals.

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #7,361 of 12,993
A lot of people say EQ etc... but actual power, and a lot of it, being fed to them will do the bass much more justice!

I used them on a vintage monster receiver & the sound waves were so strong that it felt like someone was stabbing me in my ears with a screwdriver.
I couldn't used them for more than a few minutes because it very well might have bruised my inner ear canals.

The most potent portable amp (I have used) is the iFi iDSD micro and it makes the sz sing like nothing else does.  Pure power.... there is no substitute
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #7,362 of 12,993
2nd the iDSD Micro, I don't know anything else that is 4W and portable and affordable.

The iDSD Micro doesn't have the most exciting amp in the world in terms of sound signature but it is a very good one as far as portable amps go.

I would argue the C5 has a sweeter sound to listen to but even 1.6W isn't close to 4W in terms of headphone power.

Only reason I got rid of mine is cause I am always sitting near my stereo when I am using SZ2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back