The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 30, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #7,036 of 12,993

disables wifi  etc which is a battery killer. This is a host (note 4) my cellphone is another phone which i use for usual cellphone stuff

Some people claim that using expensive DAPs as host makes a difference (e.g. using an AK380 to feed the Hugo). What's your take on that?

May 31, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #7,037 of 12,993

Some people claim that using expensive DAPs as host makes a difference (e.g. using an AK380 to feed the Hugo). What's your take on that?

lots of people claim a lot of stuff. A host passes digital info to the Mojo or iFi Micro iDSD and my ears showed zero diff between those 2 setups and other expensive DAP's. I will never ever ever buy a one trick pony with mind numbing interfaces again.
This is a hobby so folks choose what they like and good luck to them. Enjoy!

For me there was no sonic difference so i opted with a 5.7" screen and marshmallow

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #7,041 of 12,993
Is the Denon AH-D7000 the one that's similar to the TH-*00's in construction & design?

Identical. Down to the cup internal screw placement.

D5k/D7k is the basis of the TH*00 series over all design.

D2K has standoffs on the baffles for the cups so it's a little different.

The main difference is the D5k/D7k cups have a slimmer profile.

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #7,042 of 12,993
Identical. Down to the cup internal screw placement.

D5k/D7k is the basis of the TH*00 series over all design.

D2K has standoffs on the baffles for the cups so it's a little different.

The main difference is the D5k/D7k cups have a slimmer profile.

Tyll pointed out the Foster 448498 (Fostex's parent company) while talking about E-MU in his wrap-up of Canlanta. http://www.foster-electric.com/products/pdf/headphones.pdf

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #7,046 of 12,993

ooohhhhh-ohhhh, yes it will....

full paper test and review coming up

Cool!
These were on the Top 10 before. One of the original lists. 3,500mW max input DJ cans. Looking forward to this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #7,047 of 12,993
Oh s*** I never have seen those Technics cans before. Looking forward to the review as well.
PS I bought a iDSD Micro the other day so I'll be enjoying the turbo mode life soon.

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #7,049 of 12,993
The pads ******* suck.

Im using the x55 pads but they are a little big.  any suggestions guys?  maybe something with a little bigger opening than the x55 too

Oh s*** I never have seen those Technics cans before. Looking forward to the review as well.
PS I bought a iDSD Micro the other day so I'll be enjoying the turbo mode life soon.

Found them on accident.  I was looking at the Technics that had dual drivers and cost over $1k.  People say that the dual drivers aren't bassy, but it hasn't been threw our hands yet...
wink.gif

50mm driver, 3500 mw!  ****, I'll give a go.

Welcome to the "turbo" club my man.  

These technic eat up that 4000mw and some more.  With my settings, the volume pot is at 3 o'clock and its not showing distortion yet...  ****** beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back