The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 24, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #7,006 of 12,992
amazing track. Playing with yamaha pro 500 and the bass on the headphones is like never heard before. Will take all headphones through this - will see which ones will survive. Currently playing out of the headphone out of mac pro.

May 24, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #7,007 of 12,992
Did the THX00 after I figured out how to make the X3ii work as a USB Dac. Running Fidelify player for Spotify with Wasapi control and line out to C5 Amp (with bass boost on top of EQ) > Stock THX00. The pads made it odd on positioning the paper.. maybe it's not sitting proper and not getting maximum flutter via drivers?

Pictured below is the EQ settings I used. I tried the headphone on for a brief second and found the non-distortion line and was just a hair under (in terms of volume). I would never listen at that level, even that brief moment gave me a headache. After making the video I put it back down to sane levels (around 80-85db) and found A LOT of bass, so I can only imagine what that SZ sounds like with all that bottom end :wink:

Warning: NSFW (lyrics)

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/zyV7ERUeUMM[/VIDEO]

May 24, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #7,008 of 12,992
 The pads made it odd on positioning the paper.. maybe it's not sitting proper and not getting maximum flutter via drivers?

I've had this issue trying to test non-angled pads, the paper sits more awkwardly but the results are just as good
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #7,009 of 12,992
Did the THX00 after I figured out how to make the X3ii work as a USB Dac. Running Fidelify player for Spotify with Wasapi control and line out to C5 Amp (with bass boost on top of EQ) > Stock THX00. The pads made it odd on positioning the paper.. maybe it's not sitting proper and not getting maximum flutter via drivers?

Pictured below is the EQ settings I used. I tried the headphone on for a brief second and found the non-distortion line and was just a hair under (in terms of volume). I would never listen at that level, even that brief moment gave me a headache. After making the video I put it back down to sane levels (around 80-85db) and found A LOT of bass, so I can only imagine what that SZ sounds like with all that bottom end
wink.gif

Warning: NSFW (lyrics)

This is how it's done

Wiz track
vid of gear in the video

With permission I will add it to the 1st page list.

Whoever sells these should thank you. The debate about basshead ability is done. It can. You did that. Bassheads or folks who like bass can see it. Thats the kinda stuff this thread was built for:

"Only Built for Cuban Linx"

and
Mother****ing bass!!

May 24, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #7,010 of 12,992
All those crazy people who sold them out in record time and none bothered to do this until now?!? Also I feel like I didn't havea good seal on the paper/pads which should give a better flutter report but if flutter is all you need on the vid then all good man.

1st page it man

I should also add that I'm certain some blu-tac or dynamat inside behind the drivers would probably do some wonders to this thing (for those that want more control while boosting the bass).

May 25, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #7,013 of 12,992
I checked sz2000 reviews here for whatever reason and and surprised there were only two. Well now there's three over the course of 2 years!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-kenwood-victer-stereo-headphones-ha-sz2000-japan-import/reviews/16039

Always love to see these basshead cans get the attention they deserve; maybe these sz2k will actually inspire manufacturers to produce drivers that can be pushed to the absolute maximum for the ultimate bass!

May 25, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #7,014 of 12,992
  Always love to see these basshead cans get the attention they deserve; maybe these sz2k will actually inspire manufacturers to produce drivers that can be pushed to the absolute maximum for the ultimate bass!

I wonder if any company has ever taken amps into account when building a dynamic driver and the design of the driver. The 70mm from the old Sony XB should be in several different frames and one would be amazing...no idea which chassis would best hold that but the xb1000 pads are too damn big.

May 26, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #7,018 of 12,992
Still nothing on the TH610? Pretty excited for them. Hope they're tuned to be superior over the 600 and X00.

I feel like they will pull a TH900mk2. Assuming they use the same 1 tesla magnet as the THX00/TH600 then it'll sound close to a THX00 with Ebony/Rosewood cups. If they don't use and dampening material that is.

May 26, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #7,019 of 12,992
  Still nothing on the TH610? Pretty excited for them. Hope they're tuned to be superior over the 600 and X00.

Being released on June 10 in Japan I think They hve been taking pre- orders for a month? Was gonna grab em but snatched the D5K.  There will be plenty around and about 100+ bucks cheaper on Yahoo by July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back