The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 4, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #7,066 of 12,991
Are you doing the recable? I'm interested in doing that and the cable for the 2k's is super thick and really short. Seems like a really good cable though. Seems beefy and long lasting for sure. Doesn't tangle either.

Also how dah hale you pushing 4 watts into that motherfunker? Box says max 1500mw at 16ohm which is about where the C5 is (800mw at 32ohm). I get distortion levels with C5 fairly early on.

We will see how these things break in. I have a job that allows me to listen to music all day so I can get 25-30 hours a week of music in + 40 hours or so of pink noise so a couple weeks to a month and things/my brain should be changed.

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #7,067 of 12,991
Are you doing the recable? I'm interested in doing that and the cable for the 2k's is super thick and really short. Seems like a really good cable though. Seems beefy and long lasting for sure. Doesn't tangle either.

Also how dah hale you pushing 4 watts into that motherfunker? Box says max 1500mw at 16ohm which is about where the C5 is (800mw at 32ohm). I get distortion levels with C5 fairly early on.

We will see how these things break in. I have a job that allows me to listen to music all day so I can get 25-30 hours a week of music in + 40 hours or so of pink noise so a couple weeks to a month and things/my brain should be changed.

I haven't pushed it to max 4w output but having that much power capable is what helps. I keep finding that when the SZ starts to distort is almost definitely because it wants more power to do what it wants. I'm surprised at the jump in quality between the c5 and this.

I am doing the recable yes. Sommer peacock mk2 cable, really darn good cable. Only sold in Germany but they charge a flat $10 to ship it out here so I got 20 feet and spent about $30 altogether

Id say burn in with bassy music instead of pink noise but it's probably not a huge deal what you choose to burn with.

The stock cable isn't too bad at all, 4 wires in there so you can make it balanced with minimal effort which rocks. I am planning to do a Y style cable as I have a feeling the driver that does not have the cable attached to it doesn't get exactly an equal amount of power as the left side. I feel as if it is slightly unbalanced in terms of power given to each side when you really crank it loud so I wanted to see if direct wires to both sides changes anything.

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #7,068 of 12,991
I haven't pushed it to max 4w output but having that much power capable is what helps. I keep finding that when the SZ starts to distort is almost definitely because it wants more power to do what it wants. I'm surprised at the jump in quality between the c5 and this.

I am doing the recable yes. Sommer peacock mk2 cable, really darn good cable. Only sold in Germany but they charge a flat $10 to ship it out here so I got 20 feet and spent about $30 altogether

Id say burn in with bassy music instead of pink noise but it's probably not a huge deal what you choose to burn with.

The stock cable isn't too bad at all, 4 wires in there so you can make it balanced with minimal effort which rocks. I am planning to do a Y style cable as I have a feeling the driver that does not have the cable attached to it doesn't get exactly an equal amount of power as the left side. I feel as if it is slightly unbalanced in terms of power given to each side when you really crank it loud so I wanted to see if direct wires to both sides changes anything.

Funny you said that.  I feel that same way with the Techics right now.  Feels like the side where the cable is going in is hittingn harder than the other side.

Also still looking for a set of good pads for these things.  I've modded the the x55 pads with some cotton and paper towels :)

Jun 4, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #7,069 of 12,991
Funny you said that.  I feel that same way with the Techics right now.  Feels like the side where the cable is going in is hittingn harder than the other side.

Also still looking for a set of good pads for these things.  I've modded the the x55 pads with some cotton and paper towels :)

How are they slammin though...

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #7,072 of 12,991

Instead of going for a trial and error/drilling holes etc, why not grab a multimeter and check the power delivery on both sides while adjusting the amp of course.

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #7,073 of 12,991
Instead of going for a trial and error/drilling holes etc, why not grab a multimeter and check the power delivery on both sides while adjusting the amp of course.

I have two sets and hate single sided cables with the passion. So even if it makes no difference ill be happier with the Y cable set :) that second set I bought cheap intending to mod it

I have a DMM though so I will absolutely compare the two when the work is done.

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #7,078 of 12,991
You know how you guys were talking about having headroom for the Sz's?  I feel the same way with the Technics.

It feels like the amp is clipping and distorting before the headset is reaching full potential.  Now I wish I didn't sell my emotiva miniX last month.....

3500mw @50 ohm is no ******* joke.  

I'm not trying to scare people away from it.  They play perfectly fine from my phone and the idsd when your not pushing it to basshead levels.  I just want to give it clean power

Users who are viewing this thread

Back