The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 1, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #5,806 of 12,991
Well, I suppose I meant just the T50RP. Technically, the 'vanilla' T50RP would be the original Fostex T50 vintage headphones, so I reckon they didn't feel the need to say "MK2" since they already were called "RP". In any case, the most recently released iteteration is officially known as the T50RP Mk3, thus I refer to the previous generation as MK2.

Dang, I am awfully wordy. My English prof was correct! But yes, to clarify for sure: you want the T50RP. You could try the T50RP Mk3 (orange cable), although they are a bit of a different beast (my Mk3 are tuned for a more neutral sound)

Ah thanks for the explanation. Been cruising the online can circuit all night and decided some active noise cancelling cans will be best for me at work since it's so damn noisy there. So these are off my radar for now, but really interested in them down the road. Seem like a good introduction to the planar magnetic sound aND good to know there are 3 versions to distinguish between.

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #5,808 of 12,991
Just a rough idea here, but would anyone have any interest in phone cases that have a built in pocket for their portable amp?

I use a note 4 and can't set it and forget it with the rubber straps, they block too much screen during multi tasking. Also it's large size makes using the volume knobs particularly difficult so it got me thinking.

Been interested in 3d printing for a while now, after implementing it at work for manufacturing fixtures.

Always wanted to start my own side business to bring in the extra cha ching. So now I have the idea to 3d print custom phone cases with built in slots to fit a a given portable amp.

Yal think there'd be a good market for this, or I'm I too far into niche territory for it to really be profitable?

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #5,810 of 12,991
^ Not a bad idea and I'd be interested. Might be real niche but who knows...

Are there any sweet portable amps that run Android?

Thanks for the input, I'll probably pursue this throughout the year if for nothing more than the experience.

All my amps run great with my note 4, fiio a3, cayin c5, and ifi ican.

Side note, the only source I've ever had trouble with for amping is my xb1 controller jack. This is a real shame since the ps4 controller dac supports all of the and sounds pretty decent. Microsoft really messed up on the sound end of their system, they're wayyy behind Sony.

Side note...really hoping spotify adds eq to their ps4 and windows versions.

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #5,811 of 12,991
Just a rough idea here, but would anyone have any interest in phone cases that have a built in pocket for their portable amp?

I use a note 4 and can't set it and forget it with the rubber straps, they block too much screen during multi tasking. Also it's large size makes using the volume knobs particularly difficult so it got me thinking.

Been interested in 3d printing for a while now, after implementing it at work for manufacturing fixtures.

Always wanted to start my own side business to bring in the extra cha ching. So now I have the idea to 3d print custom phone cases with built in slots to fit a a given portable amp.

Yal think there'd be a good market for this, or I'm I too far into niche territory for it to really be profitable?

Dozens of companies have started and maintained businesses through Head-Fi-There's not exactly a shortage of nerds here and I'd  buy at least 5 cases myself. Let me see............iPhone 6S plus and Cayin C5.............iPhone 6 S plus and iCan Nano..............Fiio X 5 and Cayin C5...........Microsoft 950XL and Cayin C5..............iPhone 6S plus and Creative E5..........Microsoft 950XL and Fiio E12..........iPhone 6S plus and Fiio E6............and I'm not even done......................so I'd need like 10 cases. Yeah, you can make a bunch off that idea.

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #5,812 of 12,991
Hey guys, 
I own the JVC HA-SZ2000 headphones with the brainwavs hm-5 pads. I have the asus xonar phoebus sound card with them right now, but i was wondering if i would get a more immersive experience with external amp /dacs, in a gaming sense, and if anyone could suggest some? Ive been trying to use some audio enhancing software on my computer like DFX and razer surround but the high pitch noises start to screech in my ear. The secon part of my question would be whats the best audio enhancing software available? price doesnt matter. Thanks

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #5,813 of 12,991
Can my SZ2000's be damaged if I set my Creative ZXX sound card to High Gain (600 ohm)? It's currently set to Normal Gain (32/300 ohm). Not that I need to raise the volume even louder. My two brothers with damaged hearing may need the extra loudness when they visit. 
L3000.gif

BTW, I just replaced the stock ear pads with the HM55's. Love the red and it pounds a little harder now. Thank you Hawaiibadboy! Your youtube video on replacing the ear pads helped out.

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #5,814 of 12,991
Can my SZ2000's be damaged if I set my Creative ZXX sound card to High Gain (600 ohm)? It's currently set to Normal Gain (32/300 ohm). Not that I need to raise the volume even louder. My two brothers with damaged hearing may need the extra loudness when they visit. :L3000:   

BTW, I just replaced the stock ear pads with the HM55's. Love the red and it pounds a little harder now. Thank you Hawaiibadboy! Your youtube video on replacing the ear pads helped out.

Not positive, but assuming the high gain just outputs more power, it could possibly blow it out if the volume was set too high. Especially since the SZ-2000s only have 16 ohm impedance.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #5,815 of 12,991
  Can my SZ2000's be damaged if I set my Creative ZXX sound card to High Gain (600 ohm)? It's currently set to Normal Gain (32/300 ohm). Not that I need to raise the volume even louder. My two brothers with damaged hearing may need the extra loudness when they visit. 
L3000.gif

Oh you really need to get an amp sometime. You are now holding the T-rex of the basshead world.
 an iFi micro paired with what you are holding in that picture is an amazing sonic experience.

A Cayin C5 will get you pretty close.

Welcome to the family
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #5,816 of 12,991
  Hey guys, 
I own the JVC HA-SZ2000 headphones with the brainwavs hm-5 pads. I have the asus xonar phoebus sound card with them right now, but i was wondering if i would get a more immersive experience with external amp /dacs, in a gaming sense, and if anyone could suggest some? Ive been trying to use some audio enhancing software on my computer like DFX and razer surround but the high pitch noises start to screech in my ear. The secon part of my question would be whats the best audio enhancing software available? price doesnt matter. Thanks

Yes an amp will open these up in many ways.
The bass goes well beyond safe listening if powered enough and will not suffer from underpowered induced distortion. The stage as usually happens will appear a bit wider due to the power.

DSP effects like on my Cowon will create distortion before just pure power and some eq in the sub-bass would.

e12 amp
e18 amp/dac
Cayin C5 amp

are all reasonable in price to power ratio and all have a hrdware bass boost switch

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #5,817 of 12,991

Oh you really need to get an amp sometime. You are now holding the T-rex of the basshead world.
 an iFi micro paired with what you are holding in that picture is an amazing sonic experience.

A Cayin C5 will get you pretty close.

Welcome to the family
beerchug.gif

My Creative ZXR has an amp though. Is it really necessary to purchase an iFi micro or a Cayin C5? These headphones get pretty dang loud as it is and they don't distort even with +8 to the lows.

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #5,818 of 12,991

Yes an amp will open these up in many ways.
The bass goes well beyond safe listening if powered enough and will not suffer from underpowered induced distortion. The stage as usually happens will appear a bit wider due to the power.

DSP effects like on my Cowon will create distortion before just pure power and some eq in the sub-bass would.

e12 amp
e18 amp/dac
Cayin C5 amp

are all reasonable in price to power ratio and all have a hrdware bass boost switch

Thanks man, my headphones never leave my computer, so would a non portable option like the magni/modi be better or does it really not make a difference? Also would these options make my xonar phoebus useless?

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #5,819 of 12,991
  My Creative ZXR has an amp though. Is it really necessary to purchase an iFi micro or a Cayin C5? These headphones get pretty dang loud as it is and they don't distort even with +8 to the lows.

If you like what you got then no it doesn't need anything more. Genre' listening levels...lots of variables so if you like the spot you are on then that means it's a good spot :)

Thanks man, my headphones never leave my computer, so would a non portable option like the magni/modi be better or does it really not make a difference? Also would these options make my xonar phoebus useless?

Other users on here use PC's so they could answer that better than me...so i comment and bump this up

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #5,820 of 12,991
Dozens of companies have started and maintained businesses through Head-Fi-There's not exactly a shortage of nerds here and I'd  buy at least 5 cases myself. Let me see............iPhone 6S plus and Cayin C5.............iPhone 6 S plus and iCan Nano..............Fiio X 5 and Cayin C5...........Microsoft 950XL and Cayin C5..............iPhone 6S plus and Creative E5..........Microsoft 950XL and Fiio E12..........iPhone 6S plus and Fiio E6............and I'm not even done......................so I'd need like 10 cases. Yeah, you can make a bunch off that idea.

Thanks, will definitely keep the gears turning upstairs over the next few months. Not in a financial position to begin any time soon, especially after just making my intro into high quality audio. Am definitely looking forward to years of enjoyment that will follow though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back