The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 30, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #5,777 of 12,991

I'll put up pics once I install the new wood cups. They hit the US on Sunday so I'm hoping they come in the mail this week.

Looks like Lohb and you made a transaction...............you won't regret it.  I have two sets of his cups - one on my LA7000 and one on my MD5000. 

Are those Teak or Monkey Pod?

Monkey Pod 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #5,778 of 12,991
Taction Kannon newsletter signup and price is up:

http://tactiontechnology.com/?page_id=270

To be released March 2016 at $499 retail. Get on the list to receive a launch notice with discounted pricing available exclusively for early supporters.

I think they'll have some trouble with early adopters for $499 and what looks like an all-plastic build.  A detachable mic that can go on either cup and a detachable cable would help their cause, too (might be the case but I can't tell).

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #5,780 of 12,991
I think they'll have some trouble with early adopters for $499 and what looks like an all-plastic build.  A detachable mic that can go on either cup and a detachable cable would help their cause, too (might be the case but I can't tell).

Mic is detachable, not sure about switching sides or detachable cable because I used a prototype.

I think from the wording that retail is $499 and early adopters will get it cheaper, but I'm unsure.

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #5,781 of 12,991
I currently own an HD800 and love it; however, sometimes I am in the mood for some heavy bass, and can't keep the family up late at night with speakers blasting.

A year or so ago I bought my sister beats studio 2.0, and was not impressed with their bass deliverance.

Which headphone will give me the greatest bass, without sacrificing too much sound detail.

How do the th900s compare, in bass deliverance, to other bass heavy headphones?

I am looking to spend, at most, $1600. Should I wait until the revision of the th900 comes out to see what it brings? The th900 was at $1,100 on amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #5,782 of 12,991
TH900 is your best bet, especially if you are cool with the treble level of the HD800. I've not kept up with Fostex developments, so I don't know about a revision coming up. Did you read that somewhere?

For a very different signature with good detail, rolled off treble, and impactful bass, I always push the JVX HP-DX1000.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #5,783 of 12,991
  I currently own an HD800 and love it; however, sometimes I am in the mood for some heavy bass, and can't keep the family up late at night with speakers blasting.

A year or so ago I bought my sister beats studio 2.0, and was not impressed with their bass deliverance.

Which headphone will give me the greatest bass, without sacrificing too much sound detail.

How do the th900s compare, in bass deliverance, to other bass heavy headphones?

I am looking to spend, at most, $1600. Should I wait until the revision of the th900 comes out to see what it brings? The th900 was at $1,100 on amazon a couple of weeks ago.

TH900. It has amazing resolution and detail retrieval and it is the basshead can that produces the highest quality bass and sound. I haven't heard anything better. Most bassy headphones have mid-bass hump, they give lots of muddy mid-bass but sub-bass usually rolls off early. Some bassy headphones have sub-bass as well but the sound is often veiled, muddy and just not enjoyable. TH900 has the best of both worlds. High-end detail retrieval and amazing bass. I'm also waiting for the MK2 version but it's so hard to wait. I don't care about removable cable but perhaps they improved the sound a bit, so waiting makes more sense.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #5,784 of 12,991
  TH900 is your best bet, especially if you are cool with the treble level of the HD800. I've not kept up with Fostex developments, so I don't know about a revision coming up. Did you read that somewhere?

For a very different signature with good detail, rolled off treble, and impactful bass, I always push the JVX HP-DX1000.

http://www.fostex.jp/products/th900mk2/

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #5,786 of 12,991
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

HE400 off of the HE-6 rig.

I made this for an acquaintance who sent me an E-mail about the "Lack of bass" they found while using a portable amp with the HE400. I shared the video with a couple of members on here just because of the results that were achieved with adequate amping. Forgive the fact that I did not use the standard Wiz Khalifa song, the E-mail was sent by someone that listens to EDM.

I have privately shared this with a couple of members of this thread, but decided to post it on here.This proves nothing, but in the spirit of this thread I'm posting it because it is cool to see the bass and speed of bass from the HE400 demonstrated.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #5,788 of 12,991
This proves nothing, but in the spirit of this thread I'm posting it because it is cool to see the bass and speed of bass from the HE400 demonstrated.

We are over 400,000 views and steaming towards the largest thread this site has ever had which relates to bass response.

People put more stock into what they can see v.s. what they are told. There are hundreds of attempts at making vids with cans that we never saw because there was nothing to see.
The image of Planar being inferior with bass can be pushed back with demonstrations showing otherwise. Your words like mine prove nothing but videos speak for themselves.

Happy coming New year BTW!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back