The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 12, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #4,471 of 12,991
Can anyone suggest me an amp for xb950bt ? The bass boost only works on wireless mode and it doesn't sound bassy at all while using with the cable since there is no bass boost. So will an amp help me much?

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4,473 of 12,991
I've had Sol Republics for a couple of years now, those things are all bass and almost no highs. Sound good though, the bass is pretty smooth to me as opposed to hard hitting, but I think it depends on the song.

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #4,474 of 12,991
  Ordered a pair of TH-600 because they seem to be the best compromise between bass slam, sound quality, and price.

I hope I made the right decision.

Welcome to TH-600 club, DooberKnod! 
I bought these cans last month, thanks to this thread. 
And I have no regrets. 

First thing when you get them - listen to:
"Between The Valley Of The Ultra *****" 
Faster *****cat
Their bass here is marvelous

By the way, they are just good cans, meaning bass is not their only advantage. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #4,477 of 12,991
Have you guys checked out the Sony mar 1a just heard the in the store today. Thought that they were going to kind to be like the regular mdr 1 but I was wrong these had excellent bass impact was shocked came out of nowhere. I could have sworn they gave the m100s a run for their money but it was at a store and not at home. Has anyone had a chance to really test these at home or on something like the c5 or the oppo ha2?

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #4,480 of 12,991
  Have you guys checked out the Sony mar 1a just heard the in the store today. Thought that they were going to kind to be like the regular mdr 1 but I was wrong these had excellent bass impact was shocked came out of nowhere. I could have sworn they gave the m100s a run for their money but it was at a store and not at home. Has anyone had a chance to really test these at home or on something like the c5 or the oppo ha2?

I tested them with the Cayin C5 and they distorted. Pads are very comfy but eat up the bass hit
They are in literally every shop and on display around here. They seemed to be everywhere last Feb-May.

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #4,481 of 12,991

I have the Cayin C5 and the Sony MDR 1A's and they sound sensational without an amp but they break up when you put an amp on them. The same thing happened with the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0..............

I think both Sennheiser and Sony knew they were getting crushed in stores on the headphone rack because they weren't as loud as Beats and Monster so the next model they fixed it. The previous models scaled better with amplification but the new models were built from the ground up to sound better without amps. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,482 of 12,991

I have the Cayin C5 and the Sony MDR 1A's and they sound sensational without an amp but they break up when you put an amp on them. The same thing happened with the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0..............

I think both Sennheiser and Sony knew they were getting crushed in stores on the headphone rack because they weren't as loud as Beats and Monster so the next model they fixed it. The previous models scaled better with amplification but the new models were built from the ground up to sound better without amps. 

Yup...nailed it.
They sound great of a X5 which has decent power off high gain.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #4,484 of 12,991
Acquired some JVC HP-DX1000s in a trade. They belong to audiophile-bass territory, but not quite basshead. They actually have a similar--but slightly more prominent--bass presence compared to the Fostex TH-600. However, they don't respond nearly as much to EQ as the Fostex. They do isolate a bit better and don't have the annoying (to me) 5500Hz peak, but they definitely roll off on the treble sooner than the Fostex and have more mids.

A really unique can. Surprisingly light and comfortable. They're similar to the SZ2000 as far as the headband is concerned, but the attachment point is actually less solid plastic (mysteriously, because everything around the plastic is metal). Many people have hairline cracks in the plastic, including myself. I touched it up with a little super glue and that theoretically holds pretty much forever according to other owners.

This would probably be better for me at work than the Fostex because the isolation is better, but they don't get as bombastic with bass EQ.

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #4,485 of 12,991
Acquired some JVC HP-DX1000s in a trade. They belong to audiophile-bass territory, but not quite basshead. They actually have a similar--but slightly more prominent--bass presence compared to the Fostex TH-600. However, they don't respond nearly as much to EQ as the Fostex. They do isolate a bit better and don't have the annoying (to me) 5500Hz peak, but they definitely roll off on the treble sooner than the Fostex and have more mids.

A really unique can. Surprisingly light and comfortable. They're similar to the SZ2000 as far as the headband is concerned, but the attachment point is actually less solid plastic (mysteriously, because everything around the plastic is metal). Many people have hairline cracks in the plastic, including myself. I touched it up with a little super glue and that theoretically holds pretty much forever according to other owners.

This would probably be better for me at work than the Fostex because the isolation is better, but they don't get as bombastic with bass EQ.

With my bass setup the SZ2000s could tank the sub bass but the 1000s distorted unless I cranked the EQ down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back