The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #4,501 of 12,991
Recommend me: I need dj headphones, that have more bass extension than Koss Pro DJ100 at price 200€ max 

I could buy a pair of xone xd-53 used but dunno if they better than the koss

p.s DT770 is not dj headphone

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #4,502 of 12,991
  Recommend me: I need dj headphones, that have more bass extension than Koss Pro DJ100 at price 200€ max 

I could buy a pair of xone xd-53 used but dunno if they better than the koss

p.s DT770 is not dj headphone

LOL at the DT770
biggrin.gif

I think  folks 1st idea is often their best one . This would be the case. The Allen & Heath 53mm set are proven DJ cans that have a good bass impact.So much so that they were on an early version of this threads list. They play the whole spectrum as DJ cans must but are able to put an authoritive stamp on the bass.

Aug 22, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #4,504 of 12,991
dt's hit lowest i've heard in a hp even tho lacking impact thats why I was thinking them too :D

I think im going with the xones, audio technica drivers in them too! might bass boost them with fiio.

You're in for a treat if you think 770s hit low and you hang with us for a while. My DX1000s hit pretty hard down to 4Hz and they aren't on the list. Which is why I have my Fostex and will get an SZ2000 again some day.

Aug 22, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #4,505 of 12,991
You're in for a treat if you think 770s hit low and you hang with us for a while. My DX1000s hit pretty hard down to 4Hz and they aren't on the list. Which is why I have my Fostex and will get an SZ2000 again some day.

What ever was your final impression of the Nighthawk? Bass? Gaming performance? Did they stay as comfy over longer usage?

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #4,506 of 12,991
got the Xone XD-53's. havent tried them amped but without amp these are pretty flat sounding phones. No (basshead) thumping bass here. extremely detailed mids and bright top. pretty weirdly wide soundstage with accurate placement of sounds. Freq response wise a bit like AKG K550, but more aggressive and detailed. They sound a bit like a mixing tool.

My DX1000s hit pretty hard down to 4Hz and they aren't on the list.

dude are u high?? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #4,507 of 12,991
  got the Xone XD-53's. havent tried them amped but without amp these are pretty flat sounding phones. No (basshead) thumping bass here. extremely detailed mids and bright top. pretty weirdly wide soundstage with accurate placement of sounds. Freq response wise a bit like AKG K550, but more aggressive and detailed. They sound a bit like a mixing tool.

edit: They lacked the 6.3mm adapter so will be some time until I can try them amped. I bet I can squeeze some bass out of those drivers once well amped. I would also add that I really like how these sound!

I gotta always qualify to others that everything I hear is with an amp and an eq. (This is the basshead thread so it's a given but I still gotta say it......my bad
frown.gif
)The Heaths were with an e12 amp and a Cowon with BBE+8 and Mach3Bass +9

They have typical HIGH max input power for use with pro level equipment. I found the bass to be very impressive and snappy. i dislike DJ type swivels but they ate a lot of power at a time when i was finding a lot of cans that could not handle 35Hz amped and bumped on the EQ

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #4,508 of 12,991
What ever was your final impression of the Nighthawk? Bass? Gaming performance? Did they stay as comfy over longer usage?

Still forming final impressions, but...

• They do stay very comfortable and never cause listening fatigue.
  • With EQ, the bass can shake your ears. The soft pads absorb a fair amount of hit, so they sill might not make top 10.
  • They're amazing for certain music. Jazz and acoustic sound incredible. Rap and electronic are not as fun on them as my Fostex.
  • They are good for general gaming, but not the best for positional audio in shooters. For that, you need a full open headphone.
  • They start off very veiled and a bit wooly compared to what we're used to. That clears up a bit over time, but never goes away completely.

Aug 23, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #4,509 of 12,991

I gotta always qualify to others that everything I hear is with an amp and an eq. (This is the basshead thread so it's a given but I still gotta say it......my bad
frown.gif
)The Heaths were with an e12 amp and a Cowon with BBE+8 and Mach3Bass +9

They have typical HIGH max input power for use with pro level equipment. I found the bass to be very impressive and snappy. i dislike DJ type swivels but they ate a lot of power at a time when i was finding a lot of cans that could not handle 35Hz amped and bumped on the EQ

Oh yes exactly im not blaming you though 
wink.gif

I got the adapter and amped them, my focusrite dac seems to improve the sound quality quite a bit compared to my laptop onboard. bass has more definition and a bit more punch too and highs are cleaner.

Then again they didnt work so well with the vintage cheap marantz receiver, maybe the output impedance is too high or something. got even more bass but I can hear the amp sounds harsh, and the soundstage collapsed a bit. 

(sry for OT tho XD)

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #4,510 of 12,991
  Oh yes exactly im not blaming you though 
wink.gif

I got the adapter and amped them, my focusrite dac seems to improve the sound quality quite a bit compared to my laptop onboard. bass has more definition and a bit more punch too and highs are cleaner.

Then again they didnt work so well with the vintage cheap marantz receiver, maybe the output impedance is too high or something. got even more bass but I can hear the amp sounds harsh, and the soundstage collapsed a bit. 

try adjusting your 30Hz and 60Hz to this track

Leave them there and then play with 70 on the track below (leaving the 30 and 60 from the above track)

You may have to cut eq the highs a bit to reach thunder and not have the highs rip your head off but that 30,60,70 slope should apply well to most music

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #4,512 of 12,991
Vorzuge VorzAMP Duo
http://www.basshead.club/vorzuge-vorzamp-duo-review/

Ka-bonkers bass boost. The only reason I'm trying to sell it now? I'm an idiot and pre-ordered a Cavalli Liquid Carbon, so I have no money... again. You'll probably see my JVC HP-DX1000 and/or Fostex TH600 go up for sale soon as well. Audiophilia Nervosa!

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #4,513 of 12,991
  Vorzuge VorzAMP Duo
http://www.basshead.club/vorzuge-vorzamp-duo-review/

Ka-bonkers bass boost. The only reason I'm trying to sell it now? I'm an idiot and pre-ordered a Cavalli Liquid Carbon, so I have no money... again. You'll probably see my JVC HP-DX1000 and/or Fostex TH600 go up for sale soon as well. Audiophilia Nervosa!

Nice review!
Put some paper tests on with that and lets see some paper shredding!! Confetti time!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #4,514 of 12,991
Hi guys,

I have read a lot on this thread to try to look for a replacement for my VMODA M100

I have had different earphones and headphones. The best of them have been Westone UM2, Westone UM3X, Logitech UE-6000 (It could be found for 100 dollars. At this price it was hard not to say it was one of the best headphones for the price). I ended with my Vmoda M100.

As sources i gave up on ipod and iphones for a long time as most of the ipods lack of bass (When i was using ipod a few years ago i remember a thread on wikipedia that was explaining it was because of low-pass filter due to poor capacitor but i can't find it. But a quick search on google show multiple results on that). As for iphones, in europe there are sound limitation that can be removed only with jailbreak and i got fed up having to do that. To finish, it took a long time to allow software maker to access itunes library so that they could create their own sound application. I worked with the guys that made EQu and Tibor Horvath that made Equalizer app. Those apps where hopefully after years, the first to allow custom and quality equalization. I then gave up on Apple and went to Android. I had Galaxy S3 with Wolfson DAC, then Nexus 5 and ended with an HTC M8 on which i installed faux sound (permit to raise the level of built-in amp) and viper4android.

The first time i put my Vmoda m100 in that HTC M8 + Faux Audio + Viper4android (with its wonderful option Dynamic Bass that permit to reveal extreme low frequencies) it was like a dream. I couldn't imagine the M100 could throw that quality of sound and that big amount of subwoofer-like bass !! i own a ibasso T3 which was at its time, one of the best portable for its price and far enough to drive a Vmoda M100. Wherever i plugged this ibasso t3 it never sounded as good as with the Htc M8. The internal DAC and internal Amps are truely good quality. I could ear details i had never heard before even on my Galaxy with its so approved Wolfson DAC. 

I went a few weeks ago at a portable DAC shop in Paris. I was able to try ibasso DX90 and Fiio x5. To test and compare with my m8 i put my sd card each time and listened to the same album (Trey songz Trigga in FLAC). I can promise you that as i basshead, i couldn't have the same wonderful subbass i have with M8+viper dynamic bass on those audiophile players. It's like the sound had lost its warmth. So now i guess i won't be able to go away from Android devices and this especially because of viper4android. There are good quality portable players with good DACs,etc...but often their equalizers don't allow to raise up deep bass and as a basshead you know how it's so good.......

Anyway all that to say that i'm looking for a replacement for my VMODA M100. I would like to have even more clarity ,even more details without loosing my subwoofer effect. I was looking at OPP PM-3 but from some reads i had here it's not good for basshead even amped. So what whould you advice me for less than 500 dollars ? I wish VMODA had made a M100 with noise cancelling, better comfort and better sound quality (i mean better sound reproduction so that the instruments sound clearer, the voices even more real etc....)

Appart from that here is a good sound for adjusting your bass (Listen till the end it's worthy and have 2 parts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUt2yKdRyc

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4,515 of 12,991
  Hi guys,

I have read a lot on this thread to try to look for a replacement for my VMODA M100

I have had different earphones and headphones. The best of them have been Westone UM2, Westone UM3X, Logitech UE-6000 (It could be found for 100 dollars. At this price it was hard not to say it was one of the best headphones for the price). I ended with my Vmoda M100.

As sources i gave up on ipod and iphones for a long time as most of the ipods lack of bass (When i was using ipod a few years ago i remember a thread on wikipedia that was explaining it was because of low-pass filter due to poor capacitor but i can't find it. But a quick search on google show multiple results on that). As for iphones, in europe there are sound limitation that can be removed only with jailbreak and i got fed up having to do that. To finish, it took a long time to allow software maker to access itunes library so that they could create their own sound application. I worked with the guys that made EQu and Tibor Horvath that made Equalizer app. Those apps where hopefully after years, the first to allow custom and quality equalization. I then gave up on Apple and went to Android. I had Galaxy S3 with Wolfson DAC, then Nexus 5 and ended with an HTC M8 on which i installed faux sound (permit to raise the level of built-in amp) and viper4android.

The first time i put my Vmoda m100 in that HTC M8 + Faux Audio + Viper4android (with its wonderful option Dynamic Bass that permit to reveal extreme low frequencies) it was like a dream. I couldn't imagine the M100 could throw that quality of sound and that big amount of subwoofer-like bass !! i own a ibasso T3 which was at its time, one of the best portable for its price and far enough to drive a Vmoda M100. Wherever i plugged this ibasso t3 it never sound as good as with the Htc M8. The internal DAC and internal Amps are truely good quality. I could ear details i had never heard before even on my Galaxy with its so approved Wolfson DAC. 

I went a few weeks ago at a portable DAC shop in Paris. I was able to try ibasso DX90 and Fiio x5. To test and compare with my m8 i put my sd card each time and listened to the same album (Trey songz Trigga in FLAC). I can promise you that as i basshead, i couldn't have the same wonderful subbass i have with M8+viper dynamic bass on those audiophile players. It's like the sound had lost its warmth. So now i guess i won't be able to go away from Android devices and this especially because of viper4android. There are good quality portable players with good DACs,etc...but often their equalizers don't allow to raise up deep bass and as a basshead you know how it's so good.......

Anyway all that to say that i'm looking for a replacement for my VMODA M100. I would like to have even more clarity ,even more details without loosing my subwoofer effect. I was looking at OPP PM-3 but from some reads i had here it's not good for basshead even amped. So what whould you advice me for less than 500 dollars ? I wish VMODA had made a M100 with noise cancelling, better comfort and better sound quality (i mean better sound reproduction so that the instruments sound clearer, the voices even more real etc....)

Appart from that here is a good sound for adjusting your bass (Listen till the end it's worthy and have 2 parts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUt2yKdRyc

Have totally moved on from the dedicated DAP due to V4A and the ability to use a huge interface.

The Ultrasone Sig DJ are a less dark more detail resolving set that still has a kick ad is very good with fast Techno/House and 808/Dubstep. It is expensive though. The TH600 can slam pretty good and have better detail that the M100 as well.

Do you use an amp??

That really makes a big difference in rec's. If you run straight off a phone with no amp I'd rec the SMS street DJ Pro (wired). I know they are cheap but they are soooo comfy and sound like a better tuned M100 and can give good bass if not over powered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back